Sep 19 | Georgia Tech

GoIrish41

Paterfamilius
Messages
9,986
Reaction score
2,184
Stop the damn fullback and our athletes will take care of the rest. I know that I have posted this a few times already...i'll see myself out.

It bears repeating. To me, this is the key to the game (as it almost always is with a triple option team).
 

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Messages
19,275
Reaction score
11,578
Stop the damn fullback and our athletes will take care of the rest. I know that I have posted this a few times already...i'll see myself out.

It bears repeating. To me, this is the key to the game (as it almost always is with a triple option team).

To be fair, I felt like ND did a decent job of stopping Navy's fullbacks last year...

But an unfortunate no-call for offensive PI on a third and long, an unfortunate injury, and a few A-backs getting the edge on the pitch, and suddenly ND was in a dog fight.

Are the athletes better this year? Or at least progressed enough to contain both the QB and the pitch man? We'll find out Saturday.
 

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2026!
Messages
32,427
Reaction score
19,060
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The last time Notre Dame lost a starting QB to injury in week 2, Drew Brees was coming to town. Gary Godsey beat him. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/InGodseyWeTrust?src=hash">#InGodseyWeTrust</a></p>— Keith Arnold (@KeithArnold) <a href="https://twitter.com/KeithArnold/status/644259045847658496">September 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
 

IrishSteelhead

All Flair, No Substance
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,686
Sep 19 | Georgia Tech

The last time Notre Dame lost a starting QB to injury in week 2, Drew Brees was coming to town. Gary Godsey beat him. #InGodseyWeTrust— Keith Arnold (@KeithArnold) September 16, 2015


I STILL HAVE THE SHIRT!!!!!!!!

32088fc2bf2183c44154deb34f82cf3d.jpg


There was some solid trash talk before that game.

Tony Driver: If they throw that sissy little bubble screen, I'm gonna lay someone out. If they throw it deep, I'm gonna pick it

Drew Brees: Who is Tony Driver? Regardless, we are going to stomp their helmets into the ground.
 
Last edited:

RDU Irish

Catholics vs. Cousins
Messages
8,936
Reaction score
3,024
I STILL HAVE THE SHIRT!!!!!!!!

32088fc2bf2183c44154deb34f82cf3d.jpg


There was some solid trash talk before that game.

Tony Driver: If they throw that sissy little bubble screen, I'm gonna lay someone out. If they throw it deep, I'm gonna pick it

Drew Brees: Who is Tony Driver? Regardless, we are going to stomp their helmets into the ground.

Beautiful times for sure. And we think our QB woes are a new development.
 

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,802
Reaction score
12,244
Gerome Sapp was almost 15 years ago... that's. crazy.
 

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
27,848
Reaction score
10,350
The stat below came from Bryan Driskell at BGI in what I thought was a good article about defending GT. One I hope we can capitalize on.

- Over the last five seasons, Georgia Tech has averaged 29.4 fumbles per season and has lost an average of 13.2 of those fumbles.
 
Last edited:

irish4ever

Well-known member
Messages
3,903
Reaction score
978
The stat below came from Bryan Driskell at BGI in what I thought was a good article about defending the GT. One I hope we can capitalize on.

- Over the last five seasons, Georgia Tech has averaged 29.4 fumbles per season and has lost an average of 13.2 of those fumbles.

I'd like to see ALL 13.2 for this yr. come this Saturday! Go Irish and muck fichigan!!!
 

Circa

Conspire to keep It real
Messages
8,000
Reaction score
818
This is Rudy's game. This is Kizer's game to win. For every guy on here whom wanted a small chance. The guy has a rocket and It shall be unleashed. Cherio fellas.
 

Sherm Sticky

The Prophet
Messages
19,336
Reaction score
1,649
My oldest ND memory is watching Stan Smagala getting beat on third and eternity.... I'm not that old tho! Really I'm not. Lol


Bro you beat me. My earliest memory is Jerome Bettis running wild in the cotton bowl against TAMU


Sent via tapatalk
 

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,802
Reaction score
12,244
I have that game,... Lol... Beat them the next year too...
 

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Messages
20,899
Reaction score
8,157
SIAP but how strong is GT's defense supposed to be?

Football Outsiders rates their defense 26th nationally, which is protected to be the fourth best defense we'll face, behind Stanford, BC, and Clemson.
 
Last edited:

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Messages
16,160
Reaction score
6,380
Haven't read the thread but here we go:

A.) I love Veer football. Triple option is football in all its beauty. That said... Time to play assignment football and shut it down.

B.) If the defense keeps them under 30 we win. I think the offense will play well.

C.) Mr. Smith will blow some dudes up.
 

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Messages
20,899
Reaction score
8,157
Even after they played two offensive juggernauts? We're screwed.

Those rankings are opponent adjusted, so their defensive rating has already been discounted for the poor quality of competition faced thus far.
 
Top