Brian Kelly to LSU, per report

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Kelly was Mr Corporate CEO his entire tenure at ND. Maybe he loosened up a bit in his last few years, but idk why thinks he’s a comedian now

Huntr

24 Karat Shamrock
Reaction score
I didn't think it was that big of a deal, from him or her.

I think the bigger issue is he doesn't understand that his jokes aren't really all that funny (I get it, he's trying to be looser, lose the uptight hard-ass image that he has), and kind of make things worse because CFB media and fans live to shit themselves at every opportunity.

He'd be far better off if he just played it straight up, cordial, but not try to be buddy-buddy.

Bluto

Reaction score
Kelly was Mr Corporate CEO his entire tenure at ND. Maybe he loosened up a bit in his last few years, but idk why thinks he’s a comedian now
Maybe because as LAX alluded to, Kelly win or lose is going to have the last laugh?

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
he's always tried to be comedic though, remember the "execute them" joke etc

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score

Just another glaring difference between BK and MF:

MF opens his presser: "Happy Labor Day, sorry to drag you all here, you know you guys don't have to be here. Anyways.."

BK: "WTF are you late for? Did you have too much fun after a long weekend? Show up on time." I understand he was probably kidding but he doesn't have that much rapport with the LSU beat yet.

hungryhippo

Reaction score
Read his post again
He said "the last few years"
That execution quote was just 1 year ago.
And I agree...he's getting way too comfortable I think
I remember when Duval Kamara missed the bowl game at the start of his tenure, something about his car went into a snow drift, I don't remember all the details. But he made some "yeah, I'd like to stick him in a snow drift" comment.

He's always done it. Wasn't an issue then, isn't now.

Dude's got a dry sense of humor that rarely hits.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
I remember when Duval Kamara missed the bowl game at the start of his tenure, something about his car went into a snow drift, I don't remember all the details. But he made some "yeah, I'd like to stick him in a snow drift" comment.

He's always done it. Wasn't an issue then, isn't now.

Dude's got a dry sense of humor that rarely hits.
Definitely dry humor. It's sad how click-baitey the media made the execution joke though. "OMG, he wants the team murdered!" It's hard to tell if the younger generation really can't read between the lines anymore or they purposefully stretch the story for the clicks. Just silly either way.

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
In all fairness (and I'm usually the last person to defend LSU), the token punishment probably fits the crime. It wasn't a huge offense. Mostly just a former assistant meeting a recruit during the Covid-related dead period and giving him some gear. He knew it was a violation and clearly did it intentionally, but I wouldn't call the violation itself a huge deal.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Gotta wonder if there's anything really stopping them from taking an unofficial and just floating the family cash for expenses.
I thought I read - though haven't seen widely reported so maybe I misunderstood or it's not really a thing - that in some cases NIL funds are paying for unofficials. If so this is basically already happening.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Recruit and family could just show up and be walking the campus when they inadvertently run into Kelly. Kind of like what Saban did a few years back when he was in LA and just happened to run into a prized recruit.