Brian Kelly to LSU, per report

Dale

Reaction score

Deserves it’s own

Last edited by a moderator:

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Don't think it makes any sense for anyone. USC or the NFL I would somewhat understand.

Swarbrick needs to be fired if this comes to fruition.

arndtjc

Jameson in my Jameson
Reaction score
This is absolutely brutal news. The only thing that can fix this is Luke Fickell being on speed dial

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
cracked my first seltzer. I'll need a couple (or a dozen) to get to bed at a reasonable hour.

BK please don't do me like this.

Cincinnati folks gotta be shitting their pants too. What happens if BK leaves, Fickell leaves, and Michigan or Okla St.lose? We could potentially have two teams in the playoff with interim coaches?

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
1. Fickell
2. That’s it. There’s no other name on the list.

Freeman needs more time at the university to learn about the day-to-day politics.

Fickell has been around the block a bit more, and I have no doubt brings the values that ND wants in a head coach. It helps that he’s a great recruiter and strong defensive mind, too.

Any other hire would be a failure, IMO.

IrishRazor82

Banned
Reaction score
Please fire JS. Behind in facilities, paying coaches, and getting rail roaded by modern day "independence" (6 opponent BYEs, CFB committe making us play round 1 of playoffs in future).

He's not with the times.

T Town Tommy

Alabama Bag Man
Reaction score
Don’t quite understand this if true. Kelly has a much better gig where he is at. If true then good luck moving forward. He will leave ND in much better shape than he found it.

GoldenAura

Reaction score
So is Freeman actually ready for this? My vote is for Fickell. Keep the Cincy pipeline rolling. I'm stunned.

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
1. Fickell
2. That’s it. There’s no other name on the list.

Freeman needs more time at the university to learn about the day-to-day politics.

Fickell has been around the block a bit more, and I have no doubt brings the values that ND wants in a head coach. It helps that he’s a great recruiter and strong defensive mind, too.

Any other hire would be a failure, IMO.

Yeah but it's hard to make that hiring work when he's coaching his team into January.

Dale

Reaction score
If the staff and players didn’t know, maybe I credit BK too much, but that makes me think he’s rounding third but hasn’t crossed home

If he told no one and left us a mess. Wow, lot of supposed growth gone.

T Town Tommy

Alabama Bag Man
Reaction score
Does LSU honestly feel like a culture fit for Kelly? Doesn't make sense to me.

That’s where I am at. If it’s the $100 million being rumored was the starting salary for the next coach then I could learn to conform to any culture.

greyhammer90

the drunk piano player
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the first time in our history that the ND coach has willingly left to take another job. If you're the sort of person who likes to consider the ND job to be one of the top 3-4 in the country, this is one hell of a dark day.

yankeehater

Reaction score
Now the lead on Football Scoop. Does not say deal is done, only expected to get done tonight.

Don't think it is a good fit for either. Will money win out. I think part of it is the ND school and administration does not value athletics like they do at LSU and in the south.