So the Urban Meyer chase is on.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Why would Kelly be disgruntled?

]

Gosh. Maybe because we’re 10 months removed from a trip to the playoffs, still favored to win 10 games for the fourth time in five years, and recruiting the best we have in a decade, and still half the fan base is busy redecorating the man’s office for Urban Meyer?

stpeteirish

Reaction score
Gosh. Maybe because we’re 10 months removed from a trip to the playoffs, still favored to win 10 games for the fourth time in five years, and recruiting the best we have in a decade, and still half the fan base is busy redecorating the man’s office for Urban Meyer?

Kelly tells his players to "ignore the noise" so he should be able to do it himself.

dad4aa

Reaction score

Bravo!!! Could not have said it any better.

Polish Leppy 22

Reaction score

I'm not saying he is, but he very well could be. Take into consideration:

1) 10 years at ND is a lot and can take its toll.

2) He may think he's taken ND as far as it's going to go.

3) He may wonder what it would be like to have a roster full of dudes and no academic requirements like FSU, USC, etc.

4) All 3 of kids will be out of high school after this year. That matters in terms of mobility.

5) January in LA isn't too shabby, and his wife could go to the grocery store and no one would know that she is Brian Kelly's wife.

6) The Pac 12 is soft as hell right now and very appealing for the right coach at USC to dominate again.

Sea Turtle

Reaction score

Welcome to big time college football.

phork

Raining On Your Parade
Reaction score

Just for perspective. John Cooper at OhioSt averaged almost 10 wins a year and was fired. Why? Couldn't beat Michigan.

10 years is enough for me.

Irishize

Reaction score
Just for perspective. John Cooper at OhioSt averaged almost 10 wins a year and was fired. Why? Couldn't beat Michigan.

10 years is enough for me.

Yeah, but if John Cooper is a program’s worst hire...that’s a pretty damn good track record. He’s the floor & Woody Hayes is the ceiling. Then you have Earle Bruce, Jim Tressel & Urban filling in the gaps. Ohio State may be the only program in modern CFB history who has yet to make a “bad” hire.

Woody Hayes - CFB Hall-of-Famer
Earle Bruce - CFB Hall-of-Famer
John Cooper - CFB Hall-of-Famer
Jim Tressel - CFB Hall-of-Famer
Urban Meyer - future CFB Hall-of-Famer

Meanwhile ND has had the following HC over that same time period:

Ara Parseghian - CFB Hall-of-Famer
Dan Devine - CFB Hall-of-Famer
Gerry Faust - FAILURE
Lou Holtz - CFB Hall-of-Famer
Bob Davie - FAILURE
Ty Willingham - FAILURE
Charlie Weis - FAILURE
Brian Kelly - TBD

Wouldn’t you take John Cooper or Earle Bruce over Faust/Davie/willinham/Weis? I sure as hell would.

Cali_domer

Banned
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
NFL Network analyst and Hall of Famer Deion Sanders has emerged as a candidate for the Florida St. head coaching job, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo. A fascinating situation that could unfold.

Henges24

Reaction score
Does Deion even have any coaching experience besides the special high school games?

That'd be an odd hire.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
NFL Network analyst and Hall of Famer Deion Sanders has emerged as a candidate for the Florida St. head coaching job, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo. A fascinating situation that could unfold.

giphy.gif

BeauBenken

Shut up, Richard
Staff member
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

Please happen. lol

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

sa6lJDF.jpg

K

koonja

If usc gets Meyer I will lose hope in everything

Yeah, we get laughed out of Michigan until 2030 or whatever, and now USC rolls us on a yearly basis.

All because ND thinks it's too high and mighty for UM when we have a golden opportunity to get him here.

Looks like another sweet decade of ND beating Pitt being what we hang our hat on.

I'm really looking forward to it, should be fun.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, we get laughed out of Michigan until 2030 or whatever, and now USC rolls us on a yearly basis.

All because ND thinks it's too high and mighty for UM when we have a golden opportunity to get him here.

Looks like another sweet decade of ND beating Pitt being what we hang our hat on.

Why do you think that's true?

Urban has had two PERFECT opportunities to take the job, but declined both times.

Sure, it's rumored that ND is the only job he'd take a call from at this point, but he'd bitch out again just like the first two times. Restoring ND to championship fame appeals to his ego, but he won't meet the challenge when it comes time to sign his name to paper.

Plus, his wifey isn't going to be cool with it, period, and Shelly runs things.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score

Why do I have this feeling that you keep posting about Meyer over and over in hopes that somehow all of your posting will make it back to the administration and they'll have an epiphany? lol

IE Poster #1: Rhuland would be a good replacement.
Koon: Meyer
IE Poster #2: Wouldn't mind getting Stoops.
IE Poster #3: Maybe John Harbaugh?
IE Poster #1: You know what? Urban Meyer would be great.
IE Poster #2: Yeah, let's get Meyer
IE Poster #3: Maybe Meyer wouldn't be a bad hire afterall.
Koon: My work here is done.

Last edited:
K

koonja

Why do I have this feeling that you keep posting about Meyer over and over in hopes that somehow all of your posting will make it back to the administration and they'll have an epiphany? lol

IE Poster #1: Rhuland would be a good replacement.
IE Poster #2: Wouldn't mind getting Stoops.
IE Poster #3: Maybe Jim Harbaugh?
IE Poster #1: You know what? Urban Meyer would be great.
IE Poster #2: Yeah, let's get Meyer
IE Poster #3: Maybe Meyer wouldn't be a bad hire afterall.
Koon: My work here is done.

We NEED Meyer

NDdomer2

Local Sports vBookie
Reaction score

Urban has had two PERFECT opportunities to take the job, but declined both times.

Sure, it's rumored that ND is the only job he'd take a call from at this point, but he'd bitch out again just like the first two times. Restoring ND to championship fame appeals to his ego, but he won't meet the challenge when it comes time to sign his name to paper.

This.

Hell, she already put a mini twitter rant out there just for his name being linked to the job.

Hammer Of The Gods

Reaction score

I'm Pro Urban Meyer. But, I do understand the reservations from fans and the unlikely event that he would actually get a job offer, BUT! for sake of conversation, do we know where Lou Holtz Stands with the university and how tight He and UM are?

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
I meant, whatever happened to the "John Hairball" discussion.

We're going to mail that one in because Lamar is currently healthy and hasn't figured out yet?

John might want out while his ticket is hot.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
If the reports are true that the President and those who put their foot down on hiring Urban Meyer with his baggage caved to the big $$ sports boosters... the silver lining is that I can go back to full on HATING USC.

The bad news is that they will instantly be a top team with that collection of offensive talent, and then only get better.