All Things SkunkBear

FWIrish4

Reaction score
EJ today talking about how he censored an interview with Jyaire Hill’s mom because it was too critical:

“I actually left some stuff out for the sake of the program/site.”

Is he exaggerating to drive more engagement on the board, or is the program really in that bad of a spot? Probably both.

Dale

Reaction score
Is he exaggerating to drive more engagement on the board, or is the program really in that bad of a spot? Probably both.

They are in a really bad spot. I’ll give Elston and others credit in that I’m sure some of their 3 stars are good evals and will absolutely work out with good coaching. The biggest thing I’ve seen though is they seem to have little or no dog in a head to head fight. Right now if it’s a true battle of a recruitment, they are almost always losing.

Last edited:

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
Looks like plenty of their boards are beginning to panic but some of my local friends here seem to be oblivious of how bad the state of their recruiting class is currently. We are 6 months from signing day and they don't have many elite prospects trending their way.

At this rate I could easily see them missing the top 25 for class rankings. Who would've thought after they finally beat OSU and made their first CFP appearance.

Reaper97

Reaction score
EJ today talking about how he censored an interview with Jyaire Hill’s mom because it was too critical:

“I actually left some stuff out for the sake of the program/site.”

Isn’t he supposed to be a journalist?

He isn’t supposed to be protecting Michigan.
If the mother tells him it’s on the record, then he should put it all out there.

Dude lies to that fan base so much. And the worst part is it’s so obvious and no one questions him when he is always wrong.

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
Excellent W-L record with mediocre recruiting = Contract extension
Mediocre W-L record but excellent recruiting = buys you a couple more years.
Mediocre W-L record with mediocre recruiting gets you fired.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
They are in a really bad spot. I’ll give Elston and others credit in that I’m sure some of their 3 stars are good evals and will absolutely work out with good coaching. The biggest thing I’ve seen though is they seem to have little or no dog in a head to head fight. Right now if it’s a true battle of a recruitment, they are almost always losing.
They don't got that dog in them.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Their offensive line recruiting has been abysmal now for a while. Once the 2019 class graduates, they will only have 2 players that were in the top 250. Assuming Jagusah goes to ND, Michigan's 2023 class won't be replacing them with any 4 stars either. They were expecting Cayden Green on campus but he isn't coming anymore. They thought Okunola was a good shot and then he didn't include them in his top 8. In-state Amir Herring is trending elsewhere because of how badly they've managed his recruitment. They are getting excited over Paul Mubenga (#548), Logan Howland (#584), and Chris Terek (#891). Yikes.

BoredIrish

Reaction score
About to lose their top DB target to Illinois. I kid ND passed on…

[IMG alt="EJHolland"]https://on3static.com/xf/data/avatars/s/410/410686.jpg?1635829719[/IMG]

EJHolland

Recruiting monkey​

Staff member
As you guys know, I'm pretty close to Jyaire Hill. He's ghosted me today, and I'm not getting great vibes from sources. Should have more details tomorrow.
So who came up with the term "Recruiting Monkey"?

If the name fits...

Riddickulous

"That" Guy
Reaction score
Their offensive line recruiting has been abysmal now for a while. Once the 2019 class graduates, they will only have 2 players that were in the top 250. Assuming Jagusah goes to ND, Michigan's 2023 class won't be replacing them with any 4 stars either. They were expecting Cayden Green on campus but he isn't coming anymore. They thought Okunola was a good shot and then he didn't include them in his top 8. In-state Amir Herring is trending elsewhere because of how badly they've managed his recruitment. They are getting excited over Paul Mubenga (#548), Logan Howland (#584), and Chris Terek (#891). Yikes.
They just won the Joe Moore Award! Truly incredible.

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
This seems like it should be literally impossible.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Recruiting really comes down to trust, relationships, and belief. With NIL, there is a compensation component of it too. But ignore that for a second.

Trust = parents want to trust that their kid will be taken care of and will be put in position to succeed in life (football and otherwise). Kids need to trust the person recruiting them isn’t full of shit. Consider what has transpired over the past year and ask yourself if you could “trust” Michigan. Their HC just went full Michael Scott and their outgoing OC trashed the admin badly on his way out the door… taking a lateral move. This is sometimes also called “comfort level” or “fit.”

Relationships = who on that staff is a relationship builder? Elston?

Belief = past success can create belief in future success. Vision and team culture can do the same thing. Right now, if you’re a college prospect with other choices, you’re sitting there questioning everything about Michigan except that their offense should be good this year and McCarthy looks like an NFL player who should be there 2-4 more years. Looking at 2024 and beyond what is there to “believe” in besides that? Not the coaches. Not the admin. Not their NIL program.

ND is doing so well right now for the exact reasons Michigan is doing poorly… players trust the staff and school (look at Carr’s comments about the honest conversation of what happens when Rees leaves!); Freeman and this staff are top to bottom great relationship builders NOT salesmen; players believe that Freeman is going to bring in the coaches and talent needed to succeed at the highest levels.

Henges24

Reaction score
About to lose their top DB target to Illinois. I kid ND passed on…
EJHolland

Recruiting monkey​

Staff member
As you guys know, I'm pretty close to Jyaire Hill. He's ghosted me today, and I'm not getting great vibes from sources. Should have more details tomorrow.
This is the definition of a grown ass man crying with his head between his legs.

Reaper97

Reaction score
EJ had a ridiculous mock class a couple weeks ago, with dudes who aren’t going to Michigan, then with a bunch of 3 Stars nobody really wants.
Those 3 Stars are now committing elsewhere. LOL
Henderson to South Carolina.
Van Poppel to Nebraska.
Looks like Hill to Illinois.

Michigan losing mediocre recruits to mediocre teams.

Now Cayden Green cancelled his OV.
Jagusah visits ND the day he leaves UM & they aren’t getting him.
A bunch of 3 Star OL just visited & none committed.
They are going to lose Wilson.

They can’t get 3 Stars but they think they are going to flip ND recruits & get bunch of 5 Stars.
Idiots.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
"Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create Michigan Men, and Michigan Men create hard times."

Need to make that in the graph format
its-true-all-of-it.gif

Islandboi

Reaction score
Just took a peek at their board. Those ppl make me hate them so much more now. All because a kid didn't choose that school. LSU's board isn't much better either. Talk about some hate towards MFMF. They're finally realizing that BK doesn't really like to recruit. 🤣🤣🤣

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score

Oh my that clip is brutal.
Would note, 65 the pulling guard who got just demolished is Zinter the Elder, who they think they beat us for. Though at least he tried unlike 71 who saw that blow-up happening and ran right past it looking for someone else to "block" and leaving his RB to get eaten alive.
And they won the Joe Moore!

Reaper97

Reaction score
It’s being rumored that Etta, the EDGE that EJ & the Fort have been reporting will go to Michigan, is committing to MSU tonight.
LOL

EJ literally just wrote an article talking about Etta to UM & included him in his latest mock class. He was supposed to OV Michigan this weekend & they thought he was going to commit.

EJ is great with his picks recently:

Carr to Michigan (ND)
Williams to Michigan (ND)
Swain to Michigan (ND)
Etta to Michigan (MSU)
Van Poppel to Michigan (NU)
Hill to Michigan (UI)

ndinoxford

Reaction score
Reading their 247 board, you would think they are closet OSU fans when discussing our game against OSU. They want us to get blown out to stop our recruiting momentum? Instead of seeing their arch rival and only roadblock to a BIG10 title get knocked down early in the season? It makes absolutely no sense to me.