What are you watching?

gkIrish

Greek God
Reaction score
I finished the season last night. Awesome show. The score is so good.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
Yeah my wife and I finished it about a month ago... we enjoyed it.. it seemed to get better after the first couple episodes imo.

IrishBroker

Reaction score
Amazing show. I just finished it last night as well.

The vibe is awesome. Music is perfect

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
The Duffer brothers truly nailed the 80s aesthetic, even better than Mad Men did with the 60s.

Emcee77

latress on the men-jay
Reaction score
Anyone seen "The Last Kingdom"? It's a BBC series that Netflix picked up. I've seen three episodes and I'm way into it.

One review I read called it "the thinking man's Game of Thrones." It's based on a series of historical novels about the Danish (Viking) invasion of England in the 800s. In addition the Game of Thrones-like intrigue and action, there's some great stuff about the clash of a Christian civilization and a pagan civilization.

wizards8507

Varsity Club Member
Reaction score
I completely missed the boat on Mad Men but I've been watching it on Netflix and holy crap I can't believe what I was missing. So many quotable lines and I'm only halfway through Season 1.

"How do you sleep at night?"
"On a bed made of money."

"It's a chip-n-dip! We got two..."

"So we have a quasi-communist state, where women have guns, and it's filled with Jews."

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
I completely missed the boat on Mad Men but I've been watching it on Netflix and holy crap I can't believe what I was missing. So many quotable lines and I'm only halfway through Season 1.

"How do you sleep at night?"
"On a bed made of money."

"It's a chip-n-dip! We got two..."

"So we have a quasi-communist state, where women have guns, and it's filled with Jews."

It's fantastic. I got in on the action late as well....started watching in line 2013.

Roger Sterling is my spirit animal.

nlroma1o

Reaction score
Stranger Things is so so good. Me and the wife binge watched it in 1 day. Its the most nostalgic tv show ive ever watched.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Stranger Things is so so good. Me and the wife binge watched it in 1 day. Its the most nostalgic tv show ive ever watched.

I've heard good things. It takes place in the 80's? Before my time, which is sad. I love the pop culture stuff from that time.

nlroma1o

Reaction score
I've heard good things. It takes place in the 80's? Before my time, which is sad. I love the pop culture stuff from that time.

It takes place in 1983, in a "random" small town in Indiana. Its technically just before my time as well, but i still remember watching all of those 80's movie and seeing the toys and remnants from the 80s. Its an awesome show, Im going to watch it a second time.

IrishSteelhead

All Flair, No Substance
Reaction score
It takes place in 1983, in a "random" small town in Indiana. Its technically just before my time as well, but i still remember watching all of those 80's movie and seeing the toys and remnants from the 80s. Its an awesome show, Im going to watch it a second time.

Have two left, and feel like it just hit its stride last episode I watched.

IrishSteelhead

All Flair, No Substance
Reaction score
What are you watching?

APPY STATE!!!! Somebody bump the upset alert thread lol.

Henges24

Reaction score
First episode of season 6 American Horror Story just finished. It was probably the first episode that I've seen that was actually pretty freaky.

5thHorseman

Reaction score
The wife watches AHS, I myself was and currently am watching fly fishing videos on youtube. Captain Quinn has some pretty decent videos.

phork

Raining On Your Parade
Reaction score
Mr. Robot is wrapping up Season 2. Right now for me it is up there with the Breaking Bads etc.

bkess8

Let the vBucks Flow!
Staff member
Reaction score
I know I am late to the party but I just finished Narcos Season 1 on Netflix and would highly recommend it!

Irish YJ

Southsida
Reaction score
I know I am late to the party but I just finished Narcos Season 1 on Netflix and would highly recommend it!

Watched both seasons last month
Good stuff

Holy hell this is going to be good. Been waiting so long for it. First Trailer For The Dark Tower Leaks Online

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

From Wiki. Interesting about the movie + TV series strategy...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Tower_(series)

Initially, in 2007, J. J. Abrams was connected to a film adaptation[17] but later revealed he had removed himself from involvement in the project.[18] On September 8, 2010, an official announcement was made that the series would be brought to both the big and the small screens via a trilogy of feature films and two seasons of a television series to bridge gaps between the films.[19] According to a press release from Universal Pictures from October 29, 2010, the first Dark Tower film would open on May 17, 2013.[20] On July 19, 2011, Universal pulled its support from the production of the Dark Tower films and television series. According to reports, the studio was unable to come to terms with producer Ron Howard.[21] Despite this, Stephen King remains confident Howard would see the project through with another studio, and Howard confirmed the adaptation was still on track, noting that HBO would now carry the television series portions of the project.[22][23]

On March 13, 2012, it was reported that Warner Bros. Pictures was now interested in making at least the first film and that Russell Crowe, tipped to play Roland Deschain, was no longer on board. Reports indicated that filming may have commenced as early as the first quarter of 2013.[24] However, Warner eventually passed on the film.[25] Later, on April 10, 2015, it was reported that Sony Pictures and Media Rights Capital would be going ahead with the first film in the series alongside a television series, using a reworked script by Akiva Goldsman, who worked on the initial 2010 proposal, and Jeff Pinkner.[26] On June 2, 2015, Nikolaj Arcel was hired by the studio to direct the film.[27] On August 5, 2015, Sony set the film for a release on January 13, 2017.[28] On March 1, 2016, it was announced that Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey had both joined the film, cast respectively as Roland Deschain and Randall Flagg.[29]