What video game are you playing?

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
My son wanted The Show '22 for his birthday so I'm excited to play against him tonight after work. Haven't played a baseball game in 15+ years so I'll report back.
It’s a GREAT simulation game. Play with the pitching/hitting setting to find what you like bc I HATE the default mechanics but love what I change it to. I go meter pitcher and button hitting. There’s like four ways to pitch and three to hit (or some such). Play with hitting cameras too. It’s NOT an arcade game…. Be patient and wait for your pitch or you’ll strike out constantly

greyhammer90

the drunk piano player
Reaction score
It’s a GREAT simulation game. Play with the pitching/hitting setting to find what you like bc I HATE the default mechanics but love what I change it to. I go meter pitcher and button hitting. There’s like four ways to pitch and three to hit (or some such). Play with hitting cameras too. It’s NOT an arcade game…. Be patient and wait for your pitch or you’ll strike out constantly
This is correct. If you're expecting Ken Griffey Jr.'s Baseball, you'll be frustrated. It is super fun though.

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
This is correct. If you're expecting Ken Griffey Jr.'s Baseball, you'll be frustrated. It is super fun though.
The only acceptable baseball game that's been released besides Base Wars on NES

PrestigiousGrossBat-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_m7ttjny6Y41roqda3o1_r1_500.gif

ACamp1900

Reaction score
Base wars desperately needed a cpu sim mechanic,… you literally had to play every game in the season, cpu game or not…. That was a major flaw imo

BleedBlueGold

Reaction score
Man, I LOVED this game.

I'm getting my daughter a Switch for Christmas this year. Is it possible to get old games like Ken Griffey Jr Baseball? If so, I expect my daughter to be "grounded" from it often in order for me to get some Dad-time. haha

BleedBlueGold

Reaction score
PGA2k23 Tiger Woods Edition officially pre-ordered! It finally worked. Console delivery scheduled for some time this afternoon/evening!

ACamp1900

Reaction score
Man, I LOVED this game.

I'm getting my daughter a Switch for Christmas this year. Is it possible to get old games like Ken Griffey Jr Baseball? If so, I expect my daughter to be "grounded" from it often in order for me to get some Dad-time. haha
I think you’ll need a snes classic for that… I play it on my snes still honestly

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
I'm going to follow your advice tonight. We played last night with default settings and I think it's a bit much for my son. It was a lot of fun and I purposefully had a few errors to keep him close but I can tell we could get a lot of mileage out of this.

When the new college football game is finally released, I might be off the map for a few weeks. Dynasty mode. Mid Tennesse State starter. After a few seasons, begin building 2 recruits per cycle who live in my backyard and work hard to stock up. Then play some of the games and take my coaching career to Notre Dame where I win 13 titles in a row and shit on Nick Saban....

ACamp1900

Reaction score
I'm going to follow your advice tonight. We played last night with default settings and I think it's a bit much for my son. It was a lot of fun and I purposefully had a few errors to keep him close but I can tell we could get a lot of mileage out of this.

When the new college football game is finally released, I might be off the map for a few weeks. Dynasty mode. Mid Tennesse State starter. After a few seasons, begin building 2 recruits per cycle who live in my backyard and work hard to stock up. Then play some of the games and take my coaching career to Notre Dame where I win 13 titles in a row and shit on Nick Saban....
UTEP to Kansas to ND,… 23 year career,… 24 unbeaten natty winning seasons… but I’ll play on the hardest setting so it’ll be realistic.

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score

There have been some NCAA seasons where a particular job I wanted didn't open up for several seasons. When that happened I've been known to take over as opposing teams to grind that program into the dust and force the coach to get fired. However, an even quicker method is to edit that team's roster so all the starters are rated 40 overall so they lose all their sim'd games. I'm not proud...but I got the job so...I'm sorry to the former HC at Texas State. Good luck in the Carousel!

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Ps5 just came in,… man I love Sony. It’s already fully updated and everything. Even the Series X that was impressive took like 30 minutes,…
That’s nice… May have to bite the bullet and get it. My ps4 takes a couple hours and multiple restarts any time there is a sizable update now.

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
The controllers are pretty wild.
Play the Playroom game for a bit to experience it.
I was surprised how much fine touch there is with the trigger buttons. Playing GT7 I've been trained over the years in past games to just tap the gas repeatedly as I go around turns to avoid holding the gas down and losing control. Now you can feel the resistance in the PS5 controller and you can just hold down the R2 button partially and ride the turn smoothly. It's going to take a long time to break my fingers of the gas tapping method honestly.

laughingirish90

Reaction score
just bought and uploaded world of outlaw midget racing game from the ps store on my ps5 and love it. graphics are so good like most ps5 games and the racing itself is so much fun as you race on real world of outlaw race tracks from around the country and get to do career mode if you choose where you start on small town tracks and have to earn your way up to the big leagues. race badly and you'll lose sponsorship. various dirt racing venues to try and race in besides midgets

BleedBlueGold

Reaction score
I was surprised how much fine touch there is with the trigger buttons. Playing GT7 I've been trained over the years in past games to just tap the gas repeatedly as I go around turns to avoid holding the gas down and losing control. Now you can feel the resistance in the PS5 controller and you can just hold down the R2 button partially and ride the turn smoothly. It's going to take a long time to break my fingers of the gas tapping method honestly.
I downloaded F1 22 last night. It's going to take me awhile to get used to these games. They are all so involved.
My youngest officially took the whole thing over bc of this game lol
Same! But it's fun. I've enjoyed watching my kids (7 and 3.5) get into it. I've enjoyed that game too though given how long I've been away from gaming. The controllers are insane.

On another note, I started Last of Us, Part 1 the first night I got my PS5. The first few minutes are the scripted movie-type dialogue, but when it switched over to user control, I kid you not, I had no idea it switched. It took my eyes a second to adjust to the fact that the movie part ended and now I was in charge of the characters. Blew my mind. (and this is on an old shitty tv too)

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
just bought and uploaded world of outlaw midget racing game from the ps store on my ps5 and love it. graphics are so good like most ps5 games and the racing itself is so much fun as you race on real world of outlaw race tracks from around the country and get to do career mode if you choose where you start on small town tracks and have to earn your way up to the big leagues. race badly and you'll lose sponsorship. various dirt racing venues to try and race in besides midgets
Reminds me of one of my favorite games of all time... Nascar: Dirt to Daytona.

The career mode was deeeeep (for the times). You'd start on dirt-track racing, upgrade your sponsorships with wins, upgrade your car with better sponsorship money, then eventually move up to modified cars. Rinse, repeat, move up to the truck series. Rinse, repeat, move up to Cup races.

You could race in all four series at one time if you were committed enough once you reached the top levels, but there wasn't much of a point once you got to the Cup level.

I'm pretty sure they even gave you quite a bit of freedom for how you would decorate your car with the sponsor logos and visuals.

I wish they'd make a Nascar game like that again.

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
It's Outlaw Little People Racing, you insensitive jerk!

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
been playing the Manor Lords Demo this week, anyone who likes city building RTS should give it a look

laughingirish90

Reaction score
NCAA news can drop any minute now that I have my ps5,…
don't know if talked about yet but just saw a very short podcast on youtube where a guy was giving new updates on the new NCAA game and he said a july 2024 release date is the plan from what he read. also said that rumors are that they are trying to get the 12 team playoff system worked into the game even though that real playoff version won't start for a few years and he also heard they are trying to get the transfer portal put into the game

ACamp1900

Reaction score
don't know if talked about yet but just saw a very short podcast on youtube where a guy was giving new updates on the new NCAA game and he said a july 2024 release date is the plan from what he read. also said that rumors are that they are trying to get the 12 team playoff system worked into the game even though that real playoff version won't start for a few years and he also heard they are trying to get the transfer portal put into the game
I'm honestly expecting it to get pushed back now with the lack of news but the standing release date is still next summer

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Sony/PS Direct has the PS5 disc edition in stock right now with almost zero wait time

tussin

Reaction score
So OW2 just came out....

Anyone here going to play? Blizzard in 2022 is a dumpster fire and they've embraced the grindiest aspects of F2P, but god damn I loved OW.

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
The only Blizzard game I'll fire up on occasion still is some old school Diablo 2 or maybe 3. Lo siento.

TorontoGold

Mr. Dumb Moron
Reaction score
The only Blizzard game I'll fire up on occasion still is some old school Diablo 2 or maybe 3. Lo siento.
Starcraft back in the day was fire. Currently I have an unhealthy relationship with Riot games LoL and Valorant. Being called a dumb bitch by 16 year olds is triggering.