What video game are you playing?

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Making the jump and buying a PS5 today. Any games recommended that will really showcase its graphics? I am open to all genres.
Can't really comment, I only have GT7. It's been a decent return to the old school simulation, graphics are pretty good, but I don't know if racing is your thing. I've been playing a lot of my PS4 games on the PS5 because I haven't had a reliable PS4 for awhile once my son decided to drop it.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
When you coach your 6yo in football, have a 4yo in cheerleading, and a 3-month old that just does baby things, and you can’t even stay up late enough to play the PS5 you just bought:

1633F53A-5F7C-4C27-AFA4-B69EC1DF5553.jpeg

DONTH8

DefinitelynotCoachD
Reaction score
Making the jump and buying a PS5 today. Any games recommended that will really showcase its graphics? I am open to all genres.
Purely graphics wise:

1) Demon Souls (I think it looks better than Elden Ring)
2) Horizon Zero Dawn Forbidden West
3) Ghost of Tsushima
4) Rachet and Clank (cartoony graphics, but man are they beautiful.)
5) Spider-man Miles Morales. (The city/environment looks beautiful)

BleedBlueGold

Reaction score
The monitor you're using will make a huge difference obviously. I've been stuck using a 20 year old projection tv the last two weeks. I can't imagine what these games will look like on a newer UHD 4K tv.

laughingirish90

Reaction score
is anybody else besides me playing the just released campaign mode on the new modern warfare for pre orders only at this time. i'm in a part of the game where you get to be in a big military plane in the sky using a gatlin gun to protect u.s. and british special forces trying to bring in an enemy commander and what a blast it is so far

Jimmy3Putt

KooL
Reaction score
I setup mine with a 32" 4K curved monitor.
Yes, it's small, but I sit close and get a great experience.
I prefer this to sitting 12+ feet away from my 70" 4k.

The 32" actually looks bigger because I can get so close to it.

DONTH8

DefinitelynotCoachD
Reaction score
is anybody else besides me playing the just released campaign mode on the new modern warfare for pre orders only at this time. i'm in a part of the game where you get to be in a big military plane in the sky using a gatlin gun to protect u.s. and british special forces trying to bring in an enemy commander and what a blast it is so far
The campaign is worth playing in this game compared to MW 2019 where I thought it was pretty repetitive and stupid. Unfortunately it isnt very long, which is a good thing that it leaves you wishing there was more to play.

sixstar

Reaction score
I setup mine with a 32" 4K curved monitor.
Yes, it's small, but I sit close and get a great experience.
I prefer this to sitting 12+ feet away from my 70" 4k.

The 32" actually looks bigger because I can get so close to it.

I switched to a 50" LG C1 OLED for my computer screen. I sit about arms length away. It's fantastic. I can't go back to standard multi monitor setups.

GowerND11

Reaction score
The campaign is worth playing in this game compared to MW 2019 where I thought it was pretty repetitive and stupid. Unfortunately it isnt very long, which is a good thing that it leaves you wishing there was more to play.
They're always short anymore because... LoOt BoXeS aRe ThE fUtUrE and you need to just deal with it or don't play video games*

*Something I was told in seriousness on Reddit when I lamented campaigns being short, and don't want to pay for things that used to be standard.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
When you coach your 6yo in football, have a 4yo in cheerleading, and a 3-month old that just does baby things, and you can’t even stay up late enough to play the PS5 you just bought:

View attachment 3051696
Don't worry, in another 5-6 years they'll be more independent and you'll get some time back. Enjoy the kids now while they're still cute and not insolent teenagers.

laughingirish90

Reaction score
anyone else playing modern warfare 2 multi player that just got released today. was getting my butt kicked early but getting a little better after playing some of the maps more than once. don't know about anyone else but i hate free for all the most for some reason

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven’t bit the bullet on GoW: Ragnarok yet.

Trying to finish AC Valhalla (looks so much more vibrant and crisp on the PS5), then gonna do Horizon: Forbidden West.

Just hoping none of the GoW plot/spoilers become social media meme fodder in the meantime.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
Just went Christmas shopping. My youngest wanted a specific Pokémon game,… ‘this can’t be hard, just get the Pokémon game’ I think…

Shows up to the video game section and finds 8 different freakin Pokémon games,… wtf!?!

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
What's your KD?? Gotta know if its a sweat fest I'd be signing up for

The battle royale mode is sweaty AF but the proximity chatter is pretty funny when you can talk shit to folks you just murdered haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Well...this could suck...unless they're making an effort to try and get all the teams on board.

greyhammer90

the drunk piano player
Reaction score
And a follow up question. Now that the new release hype of Elden Ring has died down a bit, how does it compare to other Souls style games? Is it the best, very good, average?

Very good. It makes sense that Elden Ring became the biggest cultural zeitgeist hit of From's catalogue because of the open world, and because From has been building growing good will by not missing for years, but I'd say Bloodborne and Sekiro are better games.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
Damnit,... would anyone put out a decent game that isn't masochistically difficult?? NCAA, GTA, Witcher, Red Dead, Elder Scrolls... How are all of these games so far off currently? I have these news systems and it feels like there is nothing to do with them....