What video game are you playing?

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Starcraft back in the day was fire. Currently I have an unhealthy relationship with Riot games LoL and Valorant. Being called a dumb bitch by 16 year olds is triggering.
I never got a chance to get into Starcraft, but I did a lot of Age of Empires which is similar I think. I played the original Warcraft titles too a bit, but that was after WoW was already out.

Armyirish47

Reaction score
Starcraft back in the day was fire. Currently I have an unhealthy relationship with Riot games LoL and Valorant. Being called a dumb bitch by 16 year olds is triggering.

I'm still playing way too much LOL.

Got that Worlds Pass to grind on now.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
I never got a chance to get into Starcraft, but I did a lot of Age of Empires which is similar I think. I played the original Warcraft titles too a bit, but that was after WoW was already out.
"CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS."

RTS games are all basically the same game with different skins on their units. Even the campaigns are usually the same concept other than Age of Empires.

BleedBlueGold

Reaction score
Really enjoying Last of Us: Part 1 right now. I'm terrible at it, but you all were right in how games bring you along slowly. It makes it far more enjoyable for me.

I've really bonded with my daughter over Astro's Playground too. My son is still a bit too little, but he tries. We had a good time this weekend playing it.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
I knew nothing about Horizon other than 'electronic birds' before getting the ps5. After playing the first 15 minutes or so it seemed like a Last of Us-type linear game. After the intro it's really an open-world game that seems like a good mix of Fallout and Witcher... I'm only just getting started but once I realized that I think I might enjoy it.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
I knew nothing about Horizon other than 'electronic birds' before getting the ps5. After playing the first 15 minutes or so it seemed like a Last of Us-type linear game. After the intro it's really an open-world game that seems like a good mix of Fallout and Witcher... I'm only just getting started but once I realized that I think I might enjoy it.
Anyone else played??? I’m curious to hear thoughts,… it does some things well like the aforementioned but some other things seem iffy at this point…

sixstar

Reaction score
I've put about 50 hours into HZD. Enjoyed it immensely for the first 40 hours then it became repetitive.

Most beautiful game I've ever played. Ran a smooth 4k 90 Hz from my laptop and onto my OLED. Those first few hours were magical from graphics alone.

laughingirish90

Reaction score
Anyone else played??? I’m curious to hear thoughts,… it does some things well like the aforementioned but some other things seem iffy at this point…
horizon forbiden west came with my ps5 and i love playing it. map is huge as you can go almost anywhere

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score

Are you playing Zero Dawn or Forbidden West?

I haven't played Forbidden West, but I played Zero Dawn to 100% completion/Platinum trophy. See post 8571 a few pages back for my review lol.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
Are you playing Zero Dawn or Forbidden West?

I haven't played Forbidden West, but I played Zero Dawn to 100% completion/Platinum trophy. See post 8571 a few pages back for my review lol.
Forbidden West. I saw screens for the first one and it REALLY did not appeal to me. I never would have played this one if it had not come with the system. So far so good enough,… still feels like a mix of Witcher and Fall Out. I’m not that deep yet though. I have not encountered an enemy fort or anything that you referenced

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Clash of Clans

Because unlike the rest of this board I’m not a quitter ass quitter,…
long_time_star_wars.gif

I call mobile games "shitter games" because if you're playing them longer than your daily crap then you're wasting far too much time that could be spent playing real games. Anything more than 20 minutes a day means you need to either uninstall...or consult with your doctor.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
long_time_star_wars.gif

I call mobile games "shitter games" because if you're playing them longer than your daily crap then you're wasting far too much time that could be spent playing real games. Anything more than 20 minutes a day means you need to either uninstall...or consult with your doctor.
‘Teacher games’,… IE falls under this too. I sit around during office hours (I’m always on top of grading),… have large gaps in between classes,… hell even while they work in groups DURING class,… Clash time

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
‘Teacher games’,… IE falls under this too. I sit around during office hours (I’m always on top of grading),… have large gaps in between classes,… hell even while they work in groups DURING class,… Clash time
What I'm hearing is you need a real PC in your classroom so you can play Fallout or Skyrim during down times. :laugh:

BleedBlueGold

Reaction score
I'm addicted to the new PGA 2K23. I wish the course list was a little stronger, but overall, I haven't found much else to complain about.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
Two questions for anyone in the know:

1) Is NCAAFB still pacing for a '23 release?
2) As of today, are we all still going to be playing as the South Bend Shamrocks? Lol

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score

2) As of today, are we all still going to be playing as the South Bend Shamrocks? Lol

The inaugural game will be against the Ann Arbor Weasels.

anarin

They call me Chuck.
Reaction score

July '23, latest is:

"A big question hanging over the game is whether or not real players will be featured in the game. EA is developing the game without the NCAA and is instead cutting deals with rights-owners like the Collegiate Licensing Company, which covers many FBS schools. EA is reportedly in the middle of acquiring photos, videos, and audio from 133 current and future FBS schools, including fight songs, stadium layouts, uniforms, helmet stickers, and more."

DONTH8

DefinitelynotCoachD
Reaction score

1) Yes, July 2023 is the word. Though there are rumors swirling that they will move it back again because...
2) Yes. But EA hasn't even gotten the rights to the NCAA as of today, they are still negotiating with them. Then ND would also have to agree to give their rights away.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Making the jump and buying a PS5 today. Any games recommended that will really showcase its graphics? I am open to all genres.

GowerND11

Reaction score
Making the jump and buying a PS5 today. Any games recommended that will really showcase its graphics? I am open to all genres.
Honestly, the little game that came with it, Astro's Playroom, is a great little game that shows it's power and whatnot.

I played The Last of us remastered on it, and was very impressed. Still playing a few PS4 games on it, and have the code for Horizon Forbidden West, but need to play Zero Dawn first to know how it looks.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
If you have a ps4 I’m not sure a graphics update is the highlight… unless you do the 4k tv thing,… it’s most obvious upgrade for me is the load times,… much faster.