Russia Invades Ukraine

BrownerandFry

Reaction score
Before the war, the Russian economy was stagnating but allegedly safe from macroeconomic crises. To use an image commonly employed by economists: It was stuck in a bog and therefore unlikely to fall off a cliff.

Rockin’Irish

Hearing Impaired
Reaction score
Definitely a strange posture with his right hand gripping the desk………also notice the intentional posture of the defense minister to make sure he appears fully engaged, sitting very forward on the edge of his chair with his hands clasped on the table. No sitting back against the chair back allowed!

ACamp1900

Man of Culture
Reaction score
Definitely a strange posture with his right hand gripping the desk………also notice the intentional posture of the defense minister to make sure he appears fully engaged, sitting very forward on the edge of his chair with his hands clasped on the table. No sitting back against the chair back allowed!
Forgive me,… what are you referring to??

BrownerandFry

Reaction score

Thyroid? Oncologist?

The TIPPING POINT will come when Vlad spends more time
purging his officer cor;phs
his intelligence assets
his nervous kleptocrats
a surging information seepage

THAN he does ukraine

BrownerandFry

Reaction score
Germany making a contribution.

What is most salutary is HOW Many of the members of the EU and Nato (I concede the overlap) have made contritutions of money material weapons and ammunitioin to the Ukraininan Freedom Fighters; efforts. the unity of the members in their common interest in staving off today's Hitler/Stalin, Putin is refreshing, and they have been able to disregard historic rivlaries to ally forces.

It's quite the thing.

And may be a model for future collaboration on any similar issues.

Maybe the countries in Europe can trip and kick each other in the World Cup and still collaborate in fighting a lying, genocidal tyrant.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Read somewhere Germany is now flipping on sending tanks sighting the reserves are tapped.
Thats odd. Would be surprised if Germans still had a use for old Soviet equipment. I used to geek out on learning about tanks....the German one they've used for the last 20-30 years is badass.

FLDomer

Polish Hammer
Reaction score
Thats odd. Would be surprised if Germans still had a use for old Soviet equipment. I used to geek out on learning about tanks....the German one they've used for the last 20-30 years is badass.
I looked back and misread, and deleted my comment. Oops

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
NBC had an article on the Soviet tanks and a major design flaw that they have carried over from older tanks to their new ones. They store rounds in the turret which is why the tops are exploding off the tanks when hit. Basically a death trap for the three man crew.

BrownerandFry

Reaction score

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Sounds like some of the people at that Steel plant are coming out now. The civilians. Not the Far-right/neo-nazi national guard units. From doing a bit of reading, it sounds like they are under the impression they'll be executed so they would rather avoid that. That or they are delusional and think there is a rescue mission under way.

calvegas04

Reaction score
Sounds like some of the people at that Steel plant are coming out now. The civilians. Not the Far-right/neo-nazi national guard units. From doing a bit of reading, it sounds like they are under the impression they'll be executed so they would rather avoid that. That or they are delusional and think there is a rescue mission under way.
The UN has set up a humanitarian corridor to help get the civilians out. The Ukraine troops haven't surrendered and are still giving it to the nazi russians. I don't blame the civilians and Ukraine troops for not surrendering considering the war crimes russia has already committed

BrownerandFry

Reaction score
Quad Cities Green Yellow mystery stymies Rooskie Agrothieves:

Dupa jaszes!

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Quad Cities Green Yellow mystery stymies Rooskie Agrothieves:

Dupa jaszes!

Old article but sounds like it's doable to get around. Not sure how I feel about companies retaining the ability to make a product not work properly. In this case, don't care. It's stolen. But in 99% of cases, it ain't stolen.