Brian Kelly to LSU, per report

Greenore

Reaction score
BK's daughter graduating from ND this week so he's probably gonna be on campus lol

Good for her! This last semester could not have been easy. I hope she is able to use her ND degree to get everything she deserves. She didn't run and hide after her Dad left. She obviously has greater character than her father.

Cheers and Go Irish!!

rikkitikki08

Reaction score
If he’s smart he will quietly pull up to the stadium, take an elevator up to the press box and watch his daughter graduate then get in a car and leave without anyone knowing he was there.

FDNYIrish1

Reaction score
If he’s smart he will quietly pull up to the stadium, take an elevator up to the press box and watch his daughter graduate then get in a car and leave without anyone knowing he was there.
Or hover over the ceremony in a purple and yellow LSU helicopter.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
And if they don't give him access to the press box?

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin'
Reaction score
I'm torn on this thought. One hand, yeah just let him come in and out and cause as little disruption as possible. On the other, total schadenfreude were he to have to sit with the plebs in the hot sun with no elbow room or something.
It would be hilarious if ND snuck in just a teeny tiny little BK slight at some point during the commencement ceremony.

"Welcome to The University of Notre Dame. This is such an exciting day to celebrate our remarkable students and their accomplishments, along with their "faaahmahhhleess."

NDMatt91

Reaction score
If I saw him I'd happily shake his hand. Although we were winning 10+ games a year for the last 5 years the program still felt stale/boring. There is much more energy and excitement around the program and we have a HC and a full staff who are relentless recruiters and won't spend all of that time golfing. Had he not taken the LSU job, there would be nowhere near the level of excitement and energy that is currently around this program.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
It would be hilarious if ND snuck in just a teeny tiny little BK slight at some point during the commencement ceremony.

"Welcome to The University of Notre Dame. This is such an exciting day to celebrate our remarkable students and their accomplishments, along with their "faaahmahhhleess."
Im expecting big time BK slander in his commencement speech by ya boy Archbishop Borys Gudziak

Irish du Nord

Reaction score
Im expecting big time BK slander in his commencement speech by ya boy Archbishop Borys Gudziak

On a side note, I was able to meet Bishop Gudziak while I was a student and the Class of 2022 is in for a treat. Such an inspiring speaker, especially given the struggle Ukraine is currently going through

317Irish

Reaction score
“Ladies and Gentleman our commencement speaker for the day is none other than the most beloved coach that LSU football has or will ever have…. Ed Orgeron!”

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
The University at least will handle this with class.
I'm sure that CoachK will too.
Not a time for pettiness.

I'd shake his hand too, even as I look hopefully forward to CoachF's dynamic recruiting abilities.
Maybe if CoachF gets the program over the top, we'll genuinely thank the Old Coach, as I'm positive
Coach Freeman will. I've said on here that I hope that CoachK helps break Alabama's back on recruitment dominance and seasonal success, and if that literal playing field gets more level, he'll have played another role in making our job easier or at least genuinely feasible to grab a championship. That championship will paradoxically throw IE from momentary euphoria to near terminal depression as half the board will be challenged beyond capacity to invent things to b!tch about.

"Victory is Defeat." George Orwell.
"Happiness is the Best Policy." Snoopy.

Rogue219

Reaction score
the-sopranos.gif

My thoughts on Kelly can be summarized by a gif of Patsy Parisi pissing in Tony Soprano's pool.

StPaul_Irish

Reaction score

"I know some of you here haven't won all of YOUR games yet" ....

CoachB

Reaction score
I personally am not upset with Kelly at all. I think he took the program to where it hadn't been since Lou. If you suffered through the Davie, Willingham, and Weis years, you should be greatful to what BK did for our program. He made us relevant again. I am not even mad at him leaving. He is a proven winner and he wanted to see if he could win like Saban while getting the built in recruiting advantages Saban gets. I cringe to think where we would have been for the past decade without BK. He helped making watch ND football much more enjoyable. Coach MF's recruiting job would have been much harder currently if not for all BK's success as well as all the infrastructure BK helped build. I do think it is a little petty to be hating on BK. I am extremely grateful for what he did for the program and am glad we hired him, while at the same time being excited about the future of ND football.

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin'
Reaction score
The University at least will handle this with class.
I'm sure that CoachK will too.
Not a time for pettiness.

I personally am not upset with Kelly at all. I think he took the program to where it hadn't been since Lou. If you suffered through the Davie, Willingham, and Weis years, you should be greatful to what BK did for our program. He made us relevant again. I am not even mad at him leaving. He is a proven winner and he wanted to see if he could win like Saban while getting the built in recruiting advantages Saban gets. I cringe to think where we would have been for the past decade without BK. He helped making watch ND football much more enjoyable. Coach MF's recruiting job would have been much harder currently if not for all BK's success as well as all the infrastructure BK helped build. I do think it is a little petty to be hating on BK. I am extremely grateful for what he did for the program and am glad we hired him, while at the same time being excited about the future of ND football.
To each their own. Many of us were long time BK defenders. I'm not mad that he left, I'm mad at how he left.

Besides, most of what's being said here is being said in jest. It should go without saying that we all hope the commencement ceremony is all about the students and their accomplishments (which it 100% will be). It's not a crime to have a sense of humor about the situation. The irony of him returning to campus so soon is palpable. It shouldn't be taboo to have a lough about it....good Lord.

Obviously he took this program to a level it hasn't seen since Lou. No one here is denying that, and we certainly don't need it mansplained.

He left for another job in the middle of a playoff push.

Lou effing Fickell stayed at Cincinnati during the same couching carousel, for crying out loud. Think about that.

Last edited:

MacIrish75

Tier 6 Dogshit Poster
Reaction score
I’m over it now, but I was pissed as hell when it happened. I feel good about our trajectory we’re on and certainly won’t cheer for LSU from afar. And I’ll be the first to post any cringy Bayou Brian memes. He did what he did and it was pretty shitty, but that’s over with.

That said, I sincerely hope the university and any patrons attending the graduation ceremony let a dad enjoy his daughter celebrating this milestone in her life. He’s not coming here as an opposing coach, he’s coming back as a parent. I hope it’s a great day for them.

ACamp1900

Man of Culture
Reaction score
Yeah he should be able to enjoy his daughters game adulation in peace,… he also shouldn’t expect anything extra for him either

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
To each their own. Many of us were long time BK defenders. I'm not mad that he left, I'm mad at how he left.

Besides, most of what's being said here is being said in jest. It should go without saying that we all hope the commencement ceremony is all about the students and their accomplishments (which it 100% will be). It's not a crime to have a sense of humor about the situation. The irony of him returning to campus so soon is palpable. It shouldn't be taboo to have a lough about it....good Lord.

Obviously he took this program to a level it hasn't seen since Lou. No one here is denying that, and we certainly don't need it mansplained.

He left for another job in the middle of a playoff push.

Lou effing Fickell stayed at Cincinnati during the same couching carousel, for crying out loud. Think about that.
Yup. I'm grateful for the gains BK made while he was here, and while I'm not yet missing him given the recruiting haul we're currently experiencing...he definitely left in a crummy way. You just don't leave ND for another college program, it's never been done. I hope he comes to regret it, but I doubt he cares given the price tag LSU paid. In the end maybe it'll end up being his 3rd win against the Tigers.