All Things Star Wars Thread (Spoilers)

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score
I am starting to feel like each episode gets a little better each week.

I'll need to go back and rewatch this again.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
What if I told you there hasn't been a decent SW film since Empire.

There is a badass, dark, foreboding, epic film to be found in Revenge of the Sith.

It would just require a LOT of editing, some dialogue rewrites, and plenty of squinting.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
There is a badass, dark, foreboding, epic film to be found in Revenge of the Sith.

It would just require a LOT of editing, some dialogue rewrites, and plenty of squinting.
Whatever you do...leave in this scene. It was poignant and not at all forced.

Anakin: You are so…beautiful.
Padme: It’s only because I’m so in love.
Anakin: No. No, it’s because I’m so in love with you.
Padme: Then love has blinded you?
Anakin: Well…that’s not exactly what I meant.
Padme: But it’s probably true.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
I got home at 8:30 last night and my 11 year old daughter was waiting at the front door.

"Dad, It's Wednesday."

"Yeah, I know, let me get my shoes off. Which TV we on?"

"Upstairs."

"Let's go."

So much good stuff happening. I'm fixated on the Bix storyline right now because we aren't getting a whole lot other than she's getting her mind bent.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
I got home at 8:30 last night and my 11 year old daughter was waiting at the front door.

"Dad, It's Wednesday."

"Yeah, I know, let me get my shoes off. Which TV we on?"

"Upstairs."

"Let's go."

So much good stuff happening. I'm fixated on the Bix storyline right now because we aren't getting a whole lot other than she's getting her mind bent.
How about making me actually care about Mon Mothma? Her storyline is so fucked lol. Basically being forced to sell her daughter to an extremest drug kingpin.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
There will be times when the struggle seems impossible. I know this already. Alone, unsure, dwarfed by the scale of the enemy. Remember this: freedom is a pure idea. It occurs spontaneously and without instruction. Random acts of insurrection are occurring constantly throughout the galaxy. There are whole armies, battalions that have no idea that they’ve already enlisted in the cause.

Remember that the frontier of the Rebellion is everywhere. And even the smallest act of insurrection pushes our lines forward. And then remember this: The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that.

And know this, the day will come when all these skirmishes and battles, these moments of defiance will have flooded the banks of the Empire’s authority, and then there will be one too many. One single thing will break the siege. Remember this: try.

Nemik's Manifesto.

LFG.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Andor’s story isn’t even fully told yet, and it already made Rogue One retroactively wayyyyyy better. It added characterization that didn’t really exist.

Jimmy3Putt

KooL
Reaction score
First three episodes are an absolute slog, but it gets WAY better once you’re past those…

So I have to sit through a horrible three hour movie before getting to something that I might like?
Is it better than OB-1 because that was a hard watch? I tried so hard to enjoy it, and liked the Vader skirmishes, but the writing and dialogue was bad.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
So I have to sit through a horrible three hour movie before getting to something that I might like?
Is it better than OB-1 because that was a hard watch? I tried so hard to enjoy it, and liked the Vader skirmishes, but the writing and dialogue was bad.
They aren't horrible by any means, just a bit slow. It's setting up the story. And I'd say it's really just the first two that are slow.

It's not even comparable to the Obi Wan show it's so much better. The writing in this Andor show is incredible.

calvegas04

Reaction score
I think they are only slow to people expecting Star Wars pew pew pew explosion. Watching the first couple episodes again I would enjoy them 100% more knowing how good this show is.