What Music Are You Listening to Now?

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Morgan Wallen's New album is legit fire. He's not Eric Church, but between him and Luke Combs and a few others....country is primed to make a comeback. I doubt anything will ever touch 80's/90's...but we are getting away from the trashy guys finally.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Staff member
Reaction score
I was cleaning out my house to prepare for new flooring install and came across my cassette tape of Kings X Dogman...I these these guys are severely underrated.

Irishize

Reaction score
Two bands I wished made more music together or got back together to make more music are Arc Angels & Uncle Lucius.

Arc Angels released one album...their self-titled debut in the early 90s. Doyle Bramhall III & Charlie Sexton guitars/vocals w/ SRV rhythm section was a recipe for excellent blues rock. They still get tougher now & then for special occasions

Not sure why Uncle Lucius broke up but their lead singer is talented as hell both in songwriting & singing acumen.

Greenore

Reaction score
Greta Van Fleet

My daughter forwarded me some of their songs. I had never heard of the band.

Led Zeppelin meets RUSH kind of vibe. If you like that stuff you will love GVF!

Cheers and Go Irish!!

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Staff member
Reaction score

Dude... When I started engineering school (2008) I would work a full day the go to classes until 9-10 at night. Come home help my wife with our new born (I'd take the midnight feeding becasue I had 3-4 more hours of studying to do). I needed something to listen at that time that wasnt loud or aggressive but also chill and easy and discovered whatever type of music this is. I think it counts as SYNTHWAVE. butI still dont know.

I have a pandora channel that is built around this. Hahah. LOVE . IT. To this day when Im in theoffice in the engineering weeds, this channel is my go to.

https://pandora.app.link/lboE23Vkrgb

Last edited:

NDBoiler

The Rep Machine
Reaction score
Been on a YouTube binge of Rick Beato’s “What Makes This Song Great”. Not gonna lie, almost shed a tear after he was done with Gordon Lightfoot’s If You Could Read My Mind.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a pandora channel that is built around this. Hahah. LOVE . IT. To this day when Im in theoffice in the engineering weeds, this channel is my go to.

BigheartedGlumAustraliankelpie-size_restricted.gif

Here's my version of that same station. Synthwave is basically all I listen to these days.

Last edited:

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Staff member
Reaction score
Been on a YouTube binge of Rick Beato’s “What Makes This Song Great”. Not gonna lie, almost shed a tear after he was done with Gordon Lightfoot’s If You Could Read My Mind.

I’m a huge fan of Rick Beato channel. Love the theory and the breakdown.

TorontoGold

Mr. Dumb Moron
Reaction score

Whiskey, you listen to Junior Boys or Neon Indian much? They've been on a heavy rotation for me. Matthew Dear is another one I've really liked the past couple of years. Cut Copy might be straying a bit from Synthwave/Vaporwave, but they're pretty good as well.

Oh, and the Drive soundtrack is good for those that want an easy intro to that kind of music.

NDdomer2

Staff member
Reaction score

Damn you. there goes my productivity

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Whiskey, you listen to Junior Boys or Neon Indian much? They've been on a heavy rotation for me. Matthew Dear is another one I've really liked the past couple of years. Cut Copy might be straying a bit from Synthwave/Vaporwave, but they're pretty good as well.

Oh, and the Drive soundtrack is good for those that want an easy intro to that kind of music.

Thought Canadians just listened to Stan Rogers and Gordon Lightfoot?

ACamp1900

Man of Culture
Reaction score
I was going through my playlist the other day (like 500 plus songs from different eras and styles) when it hit me… the only alternative band I have multiple songs of on this list is Collective Soul. Never would have guessed back in the 90s that the band that would hold up the best for me would be them but yeah. I still really enjoy Collective Soul.

clashmore_mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all, I saw some posts about videos not playing automatically in the thread. I made a couple edits to the new style and the videos should be working again.