What Music Are You Listening to Now?

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Staff member
Reaction score
Just discover King Buffalo this week for the time. Got to say I absolutely Looooovvvvvveeeee their stuff.

Rogue219

Reaction score

Their first handful of albums in the 90s were fantastic. Blue Lines and Protection started trip-hop.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Staff member
Reaction score

Recently discovered King Buffalo after discovering All Them Witches. Seems I missed another genre of music during the late 2010s...:(

Reaction score
i'm into just about anything but the rap crap. somedays in my house i'll listern to water colors all contemperary jazz station on sirius xm and then somedays i'll listen ozzy's boneyard or hair nation

ACamp1900

Man of Culture
Reaction score
Random FIFA soundtrack songs on youtube so I can get a mental picture of what the artists look like for all these songs I can't stand.

irishog77

NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW
Reaction score
I heard this song on The Spectrum and Alt Nation a few times on Sirius and kind of liked it. I was thinking to myself, "I kinda dig this girl's voice. She sounds reminiscent of early 90's alternative music (Concrete Blond), or maybe some British alt/pop band. I bet she's been in some other band. I need to look them up."

I was correct, she has been singing for awhile. Holy shit though, I was NOT expecting this!

GowerND11

Reaction score
I'm in one of my Arctic Monkeys kicks right now. Will probably listen to their discography over the next day or two.

TorontoGold

Mr. Dumb Moron
Reaction score
I'm in one of my Arctic Monkeys kicks right now. Will probably listen to their discography over the next day or two.
Dude, my favorite band.

I'm guessing you've gone through The Last Shadow Puppets disco as well? Miles Kane's new album is dope as well.

GowerND11

Reaction score
Dude, my favorite band.

I'm guessing you've gone through The Last Shadow Puppets disco as well? Miles Kane's new album is dope as well.
So I only found The Last Shadow Puppets like 2 years ago (tragic I know!). Super neat stuff. I'll definitely have to check his new album as well!

TorontoGold

Mr. Dumb Moron
Reaction score
So I only found The Last Shadow Puppets like 2 years ago (tragic I know!). Super neat stuff. I'll definitely have to check his new album as well!
Shameless! lol, if you want to go into a more psychedelic sound a band called Temples has some stuff that reminds me a bit of the last TLSP album. If you're feeling adventurous Pond is another great band that is like a weirder TLSP, incredible sound but the vocals are an acquired taste...

greyhammer90

the drunk piano player
Reaction score
Listened to Mr. Morale and the Big Steppers.

After first listen, I think it's probably running 3rd on Kendrick's releases after To Pimp A Butterfly and Good kid maad City for me. I expect this one is going to be really divisive because it's as theatrical as TPaB, but lacks any bangers that I think will end up being radio hits. I think a lot of casual listeners who really enjoyed Damn are going to be disappointed by how weird, artsy, and depressing this album is.

Mother I Sober is heartbreaking.

ACamp1900

Man of Culture
Reaction score
Caught The Band of Heathens last weekend in LIttle Rock. They never disappoint.

They have a few songs I really like but that’s it studio wise. They seem like a band I’d like live but haven’t had the chance thus far