Oct 9 | Virginia Tech

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
Anybody from here heading to Blacksburg? I'm gonna ride up from Raleigh with a buddy.

Open to campus site suggestions, cool campus features, and bars & restaurants, etc.

Also, are they a friendly crowd? Should I avoid rockin the Irish gear?

Never avoid wearing Irish gear.... I've been to plenty of rowdy campuses including Ann Arbor, East Lansing, etc. I would never avoid wearing Irish gear...I just don't give the a-holes the time of day, which usually drives them even more insane than if you retort.

Rockin’Irish

Hearing Impaired
Reaction score
Jfc........

I just cut the cord, because I bought a house and what they quoted me for cable TV was like $120+ a month on top of $80/month for internet. I thought that my ESPN+ subscription gave me access to live sports on ESPN... nope. And now way too many games are being moved to these offbrand cable networks instead of network television.

Hulu with Live TV is $64.99…….I actually really like it and it also gives you access to a lot more than live TV (movies, shows, etc.).

Rockin’Irish

Hearing Impaired
Reaction score
Anybody from here heading to Blacksburg? I'm gonna ride up from Raleigh with a buddy.

Open to campus site suggestions, cool campus features, and bars & restaurants, etc.

Also, are they a friendly crowd? Should I avoid rockin the Irish gear?

I’m headed to the game in Blacksburg…….my cousin lives in Roanoke and has season tickets to the VT games. I also went to the last ND game there and wore my Irish gear, the fans were very friendly and welcoming which I wasn’t totally expecting. I can’t help you on the cool campus stops since we didn’t do any of that (we tailgated with a bunch of VT fans close to the stadium).

irishff1014

Reaction score
Hulu with Live TV is $64.99…….I actually really like it and it also gives you access to a lot more than live TV (movies, shows, etc.).

It just got a little better to when they added some of the other channels.

Huntr

24 Karat Shamrock
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/HokiesFB/status/1443214086427353090[/TWEET]

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score

What do you get for this?? NHL/MLB network? A&E and History?? TiA

Dale

Reaction score
I do Hulu Live + HBO extension and for the time being Red Zone and think it’s great. P-12 network football game only one I’ve not been able to see

dad4aa

Reaction score
If you go to the Hulu website, you’ll be able to see the full channel lineup for your local area…….that would be the best place to check it out.

So I cut the cord a year ago and looked at all the different options. I went with YouTube TV and have been very happy. I only watch golf and college football but it has just about every sports channel you would want (ACCN, SECN. B1GN. Etc) along with local channels, all the news channels, kids channels, etc. I believe we have 85 channels for $65/month

Irishize

Reaction score
I think it gets worse before it gets better. If ND doesn’t find an identity there will be some ugly losses and it could start at VT. All bets are off at this point.

Rudy89

Reaction score
We could see a return to form here, or we could lose out….this team is a mess and @VT is no place for your team to be a mess. We drop this game and hopefully use the bye week to get our shit together before the biggest game on our schedule.

IRISHMAN

Reaction score
We could see a return to form here, or we could lose out….this team is a mess and @VT is no place for your team to be a mess. We drop this game and hopefully use the bye week to get our shit together before the biggest game on our schedule.

with NDs OL being a mess along with the rest of the offense I don't see where on the schedule you get 5 more wins to finish the season at 9-3. we are going to see how much of a difference having drew pyne start the game will have on the offense, still think he gets sacked 5 times vs VT.

Rudy89

Reaction score
with NDs OL being a mess along with the rest of the offense I don't see where on the schedule you get 5 more wins to finish the season at 9-3. we are going to see how much of a difference having drew pyne start the game will have on the offense, still think he gets sacked 5 times vs VT.

I don’t even want 9-3 at this point I just want to beat the condoms, beat Stanford, beat navy, and win the bowl…..beat the big rivals and finish the season with a win, get to the offseason to figure shit the fuck out or factory reset this program.

tko

I am Legend
Reaction score
Has Captain Arrogance announced his QB choice for Saturday night? Who gives us the best chance to win according to Kelly? Also, is this game really only on ACC Network?

IRISHMAN

Reaction score
Has Captain Arrogance announced his QB choice for Saturday night? Who gives us the best chance to win according to Kelly? Also, is this game really only on ACC Network?

thanks for bringing up the game being played on ACC Network, I totally forgot all about it.

IRISHMAN

Reaction score
I just saw a depth chart on 247 and it listed Coan as 1.

Unrelated, but has anyone noticed that PyneCoan is a thing?

yeah I remember hearing about the PyneCoan offense after the Wisconsin game. im hoping for just the Pyne offense and leave Buchner on the bench.

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
The team is being informed about the starting QB today. Kelly said they are rolling with one guy but it sounds like there won't be a pubic announcement.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/petesampson_/status/1445054085066076172?s=21[/TWEET]

I have no words. I don’t know how anyone watches what we all saw on Saturday and goes with anyone but Pyne.

pumpdog20

Reaction score

I have no words. I don’t know how anyone watches what we all saw on Saturday and goes with anyone but Pyne.

I haven't trusted the depth chart, and quite frankly BK's press conferences since week 3. No way he's going with Coan.

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
I can only hope that when BK is asked about it, he will simply say that we published the depth chart the same as the previous week "for now" and we told you that we would announce the starter later in the week.

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score

Eh, he was also announced as the starter for the second half of the Cincinnati game.

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
I don't know how to embed a tweet but here is Pete Sampson:

https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/sta...821938190?s=20

Brian Kelly asked about the quarterback situation. Said no starter has been named publicly, players will be informed later today. Said Notre Dame will pick one quarterback and go with it. “We know who it is, yes."

That tweet was about 15 minutes after the depth chart tweet. So even Kelly is telling him to ignore the depth chart.