General team info

Irish YJ

Southsida
Messages
25,888
Reaction score
1,444
They already do that almost all of the time. Salim Turner-Muhammad I believe visited all 3 in his spring break last year. I think Lathan Ransom did Notre Dame/Ohio State in one weekend. David Ojabo came from NJ and did a tour of either all 3 or just ND/Michigan. Point is, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Michigan are all piggybacking on each other with far away recruits. It is a necessary strategy for schools with such recruiting disadvantages.

Yup, I know there's a lot of combo trips, but typically I assume it's the kids who are trying to make the combo/timing happen. Or is ND trying to jump into the mix of kids already schedule to see another?
 

NDMIA

Well-known member
Messages
2,333
Reaction score
202
Yup, I know there's a lot of combo trips, but typically I assume it's the kids who are trying to make the combo/timing happen. Or is ND trying to jump into the mix of kids already schedule to see another?

Good point. Idk about how the specifics work. I am genuinely curious if the staff is reading on twitter about a visit being set up to see Ohio State and then calls prospect, or if they are in touch with that prospect already and see they are offered by all of the schools and tell them to plan a combo trip, or if maybe some of the staffers are in touch with other schools (I doubt they are talking to OSU or Michigan about visits, but I'm not positive). Lots of options, but the bottom line is combo trips happen all of the time and greatly benefit the 3 main midwest schools.
 

Irish YJ

Southsida
Messages
25,888
Reaction score
1,444
Good point. Idk about how the specifics work. I am genuinely curious if the staff is reading on twitter about a visit being set up to see Ohio State and then calls prospect, or if they are in touch with that prospect already and see they are offered by all of the schools and tell them to plan a combo trip, or if maybe some of the staffers are in touch with other schools (I doubt they are talking to OSU or Michigan about visits, but I'm not positive). Lots of options, but the bottom line is combo trips happen all of the time and greatly benefit the 3 main midwest schools.

I'm with you (doubt schools are talking), but I'm sure the staff is following these kids on the tweet machine and know. I'd hope that every time a kid drops a tweet that they are scheduled for an official (or even unofficial) to OSU, scUM, IU, PU, etc., that an ND coach or recruiting coordinator would hit them up and say "hey, while you're in the area, drop on by for some swag and some sushi and duck crepes". Kidding about the sushi and duck crepes. Well at least with the kids from the SE. The Cali boys probably go for that...
 

Irish YJ

Southsida
Messages
25,888
Reaction score
1,444

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
27,850
Reaction score
10,351
With the focus on GA and Atlanta area specifically, this is a nice recruiting tool for ND.
 

beryirish

Dry Land Is Not A Myth!
Messages
5,955
Reaction score
561
That's 20k more tickets (total). ND fans better travel well.

Soooooo many options next year to choose from.

Do I take the pilgrimage to Ireland, go to the frozen tundra of Lambeau field, or take a trip to the "dirty south" of Hotlanta. All these options and not even including Steeler and Panther nation.
 

BabyIrish

Marble Mouth
Messages
2,875
Reaction score
747
Soooooo many options next year to choose from.

Do I take the pilgrimage to Ireland, go to the frozen tundra of Lambeau field, or take a trip to the "dirty south" of Hotlanta. All these options and not even including Steeler and Panther nation.

Plus the home game against two time defending national champ Clemson Tigers
 

Irish YJ

Southsida
Messages
25,888
Reaction score
1,444
Soooooo many options next year to choose from.

Do I take the pilgrimage to Ireland, go to the frozen tundra of Lambeau field, or take a trip to the "dirty south" of Hotlanta. All these options and not even including Steeler and Panther nation.

Gotta go to Ireland if you picking one. You'll have more opportunity for Hotlanta. Lambdough, maybe not.

terrible idea for GT and i doubt Collins is behind it. Losing their home field advantage for a few extra dollars

it's 1.8 miles from Bobby Dodd (GT's stadium) to the new Mercedes Benz Stadium, so yes, technically, but not by much. MBS is almost on campus lol.

MBS sits less than 2 miles from GT, Georgia State, Clark Atlanta U, and Morris Brown Colleges.

MBS is a pretty good location. Within walking distance of Midtown and Tech Square (Bars), The Fox, Centennial Olympic Park, CNN Center, World Congress Center, Georgia Aquarium, and more. Hell, even a Walmart Super Store a few blocks away. Topgolf 2 miles down the road.

Mary Mac's Tea Room is within a mile or two if you're in the mood for some awesome fried green tomatoes.
 

Irish YJ

Southsida
Messages
25,888
Reaction score
1,444
Y'all are missing the best part of this announcement.

Mercedes-Benz in ATL has very cheap concessions. I think they were even selling $2 hot dogs and $5 beer at the Super Bowl.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/mercedes-benz-stadium-to-cut-concession-stand-prices-on-popular-items-by-12-perc

But the best part! This also means CHICK-FIL-A!!!!!

https://mercedesbenzstadium.com/food-beverage/

probably the most reasonable major stadium out there. Arthur Blank and MBS did it the right way. couple chicken sandwiches and 5 or 6 beers won't break the bank.
 

EvilleIrish

Well-known member
Messages
2,264
Reaction score
1,451
probably the most reasonable major stadium out there. Arthur Blank and MBS did it the right way. couple chicken sandwiches and 5 or 6 beers won't break the bank.

What if 5 or 6 beers will only last you to halftime though????
 

NDinMI

New member
Messages
298
Reaction score
10
7/12 opponents next year will be coming off a BYE week. Out of the other 5 games only MI is coming off a tough opponent which is at Penn St.

Previous week before ND:

Louisville is opener
Georgia home VS Ark St
VA home VS Old Dominion
MI away VS Penn St
Stanford home VS Cal

Rest of the field is a BYE with at one point before the season finale VS Stanford we face 3 teams in a row coming off a BYE.

Not the end of the world, but definitely not ideal.
 
Last edited:

GBdomer

People's Champion
Messages
6,845
Reaction score
555
I just want to say that neutral sites or playing in NFL stadiums are just the worst. There is nothing better then a college football atmosphere and playing in front of your fans. I know the players and recruits love it and it's really all that matters. but I just don't care for it at all if anyone gives a shit lol
 

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Messages
11,730
Reaction score
9,072
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iHluMwwwZ_8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
 

BobbyMac

Staff & Stuff
Staff member
Messages
33,950
Reaction score
9,298
I just want to say that neutral sites or playing in NFL stadiums are just the worst. There is nothing better then a college football atmosphere and playing in front of your fans. I know the players and recruits love it and it's really all that matters. but I just don't care for it at all if anyone gives a shit lol

Does this opinion include or exclude ND & Wisconsin @ Lambo?
 

zelezo vlk

Well-known member
Messages
18,588
Reaction score
5,736
Lambeau > Camp Randall. It's one of the very few NFL stadiums with a ton of history.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 

Irish YJ

Southsida
Messages
25,888
Reaction score
1,444
But having history doesn't make it a good college game experience

I'm torn on the topic. I think it's better, or more advantageous for ND to play away games in a pro stadium, than to play on someone else's home field. And, a lot of ND fans will like the opportunity to see the venue.

It's a weird situation to me though, as there's really not a difference in capacity between LF and Camp Randall.

TBH, It's not a game I would have scheduled. Not a big recruiting area. Since we already play in FL, GA, and Cali a lot, go play in TX, OH, LA, TN, etc..

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...rankings-state-stars-florida-texas-california
 

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Messages
19,279
Reaction score
11,591
It's a goddamn travesty that it's not in Camp Randall for the traditional "Jump Around"
 

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Messages
13,808
Reaction score
10,995
I'm torn on the topic. I think it's better, or more advantageous for ND to play away games in a pro stadium, than to play on someone else's home field. And, a lot of ND fans will like the opportunity to see the venue.

It's a weird situation to me though, as there's really not a difference in capacity between LF and Camp Randall.

TBH, It's not a game I would have scheduled. Not a big recruiting area. Since we already play in FL, GA, and Cali a lot, go play in TX, OH, LA, TN, etc..

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...rankings-state-stars-florida-texas-california

I get the recruiting advantages of showing up in Texas or Tennessee, but I don't think it's so bad for us to play road games in the Midwest, too. Recruiting aside, more of our alums, and students, can attend than will make the trip south or to ACC country. That's important too.

I'd rather play on-campus myself. When I was a student we'd road trip to games at Michigan, MSU, Purdue, and it was always a good time. (OK, Purdue less so). Madison would be awesome.

Lambeau seems like a bucket-list kind of venue, so, fair enough, but generally, games at NFL stadiums blow. The atmosphere's just not the same. I went to see ND play Syracuse at the Meadowlands a couple years ago and it was dreadful.
 
Top