'22 SC LB Jaylen Sneed (Notre Dame Signee)

Riddickulous

"That" Guy
Reaction score
Still blows my mind Freeman was able to land a 5* LB out of SEC country. The future is bright.

NDty9

Reaction score
Any Under Armor news here ? Hearing he was dominant all week, but didn’t see anything posted ?!

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
FREEBIE from Friedman/Rivals

My recent track record has been mixed with five-star linebackers hitting or missing, but I do feel like we are missing by not making Jaylen Sneed a five-star. The Hilton Head, S.C., star is one of the most athletic, quick-twitch and bouncy linebackers I've covered.

The Notre Dame signee is exactly the type of athlete college and NFL teams are looking for at linebacker. Sneed is expected to have the same type of impact at Notre Dame that former first-round pick Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah had, and their measurables as seniors in high school are very similar.

On film, Sneed can be found playing all over the field and is always around the ball. That range, physicality and nose for the ball should help him become a star in South Bend.

- Adam Friedman

Last edited by a moderator:

T-Boone

Reaction score
I think he meant "former should have been first round pick JOK"

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He's just a soft LB...

“I’ve coached five guys who play in the (NFL), including one who is the starting nose guard for the Seattle Seahawks,” Payne said. “(Sneed is) the most violent high school football player I’ve seen or coached in 19 years, and I’ve coached some special guys…He’s an extremely violent player.”

Dale

Reaction score

F7D1619B-EA1C-49CF-87E4-7A86108D289E.jpeg

This was November. Balis did a number on those neck muscles. No longer just glory muscles.

T-Boone

Reaction score
Should we be more excited about Sneed than we are. I am hoping he is a starter by his second year and a big contributor this year.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Should we be more excited about Sneed than we are. I am hoping he is a starter by his second year and a big contributor this year.
Not really.
There were legit rumblings from people in his area (AD’s & coaches) that he would need a few years to be ready at ND.
He needed to add weight, which he is, but also needed to work on reading and diagnosing plays & being physical.
With ND’s talent level it will be hard for him to play LB snaps this year. But he will be on special teams.

T-Boone

Reaction score
Not really.
There were legit rumblings from people in his area (AD’s & coaches) that he would need a few years to be ready at ND.
He needed to add weight, which he is, but also needed to work on reading and diagnosing plays & being physical.
With ND’s talent level it will be hard for him to play LB snaps this year. But he will be on special teams.
I thought it was just weight.
Most of the LB room I am less than excited about so for example I was/am disappointed Kollie isn’t already playing a lot. To me it means he was probably over rated. Hope to be proven wrong.

irishandy

Reaction score
Most of the LB room I am less than excited about so for example I was/am disappointed Kollie isn’t already playing a lot. To me it means he was probably over rated. Hope to be proven wrong.
I though Kollie got some PT last year, not much, but he got in. I think Kollie does see more PT this year and Sneed will get PT on special teams.

Dale

Reaction score

He was tangibly impacted by his COVID during the season. That and learning a brand new position.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
This is very wrong. Kollie is in his 2nd year and he's behind a lot of talent and experience. I bet he earns over 300 snaps this year. I think he's an ascending player that the staff wants to be certain won't blow assignments. He'll be eased in and the better he grades out, the more snaps he'll earn because his physical skillset is elite.

22 Football Signees