'22 SC LB Jaylen Sneed (Notre Dame Signee)

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
EARLY ENROLLEE

9456656.jpeg

LB
Hilton Head Island, SC
Hilton Head HS HS

Measurements:
Height: 6-2
Weight: 215

R&R's:
247 Comp: .. 4* ...... #5 OLB ..... #78 OA ..... .9665 rating
247: ............ 4* ....... #7 OLB ..... #93 OA ...... 93
Rivals: ........ 4* ............................................... 5.8
ESPN: ........ 4* ....... #4 OLB ...... #51 OA ...... 86

Offers:
Notre Dame ..... Offered 1-18-21 ..... Committed 7-12-21
Oregon

Bama
Ark
Aub
Cincy
Duke
FL
FSU
GT
ILL
IU
IA St
UK
MSU
NC St
UNC
OU
SCar
Syracuse
Tenn
UT
UCF
SC
USF
UVa
VT
WF
WVU

Media Links:

Twitter = https://twitter.com/sneed_jaylen

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/11877268/5faed4f815f72e0b08fe5bae' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Big game hunting.

A Shembo sized defender. (not sure we're allowed to use him anymore?)

Had an offer from Freeman at Cincy. Duke and Bama offers make it legit.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/sneed_jaylen/status/1351235554793418855[/TWEET]

Last edited:

rtrn2glory

Reaction score
Hopefully he's not afraid of the cold weather... Hilton Head is a blast lol

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
Should probably put it here as well (put it in Burnham's thread since there was chat about who else we'd take at LB), but Anna Hickey (Clemson Insider) gave a CB for Jaylen Sneed (Hilton Head Island). It was only a four in confidence.

stpeteirish

Reaction score
Should probably put it here as well (put it in Burnham's thread since there was chat about who else we'd take at LB), but Anna Hickey (Clemson Insider) gave a CB for Jaylen Sneed (Hilton Head Island). It was only a four in confidence.

Just to be clear, Hickey's CB is to ND, not Clemson. That's pretty big as she is a major Clemson homer

fightingirish26

Reaction score
Just to be clear, Hickey's CB is to ND, not Clemson. That's pretty big as she is a major Clemson homer

Fwiw 247 does not show a clemson offer for Sneed. But she obviously has sources in SC and there are reports he wants to leave the area.

At this point, you should almost take everyone you can get in this class on defense while freeman is still here.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He’s visiting for a self guided tour on Monday. ND has been a dark horse here for a while now. Freeman with a major flex if he’s able to land Sneed.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
The CB is just a 4 but she was impelled to lay it as he's gonna be on campus next Monday for a visit.

Trait Expectations

Reaction score
Ok, someone help me with this. If we get Sneed (which would be absolutely incredible) and he joins Burnham and Ziegler. Who else joins this group? That is 3 ultra-athletic LBs in the fold, do we take the hard hitting MLB? Another athletic guy? Don't we have 3 more prospects who are high on us? Do Jackson and Cheeks get left out if Niuafe commits with Sneed?). Btw, that would be 3 almost-top 100 LBs.

fightingirish26

Reaction score
Ok, someone help me with this. If we get Sneed (which would be absolutely incredible) and he joins Burnham and Ziegler. Who else joins this group? That is 3 ultra-athletic LBs in the fold, do we take the hard hitting MLB? Another athletic guy? Don't we have 3 more prospects who are high on us? Do Jackson and Cheeks get left out if Niuafe commits with Sneed?). Btw, that would be 3 almost-top 100 LBs.

If we can only land one of those three, Junior would probably be my third choice. But I think it's also very possible he is the first to decide. I would take the first who wants to jump on board, and continue recruiting the other two. If they are willing to be part of a five man LB class, let them. How long will Freeman be here? Take advantage of his recruiting prowess while we can.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If we can only land one of those three, Junior would probably be my third choice. But I think it's also very possible he is the first to decide. I would take the first who wants to jump on board, and continue recruiting the other two. If they are willing to be part of a five man LB class, let them. How long will Freeman be here? Take advantage of his recruiting prowess while we can.

Singer has mentioned, recently, that 5 LB's isn't out of the question. We'll see where this goes.

Jackson is my favorite of the group but I think he becomes the least likely at this point. I don't know how they say no to either Junior of Cheeks, if Sneed commits. But if it came down to those two, I'd take Cheeks. I'd have them rated rated, Jackson, Cheeks, Junior. But since Jackson isn't a sure thing, I'd say take them as Cheeks, Junior, Jackson. No reason to hold out for Jackson when there are this many guys that want in.

NDIrish88

Reaction score
Singer has mentioned, recently, that 5 LB's isn't out of the question. We'll see where this goes.

Jackson is my favorite of the group but I think he becomes the least likely at this point. I don't know how they say no to either Junior of Cheeks, if Sneed commits. But if it came down to those two, I'd take Cheeks. I'd have them rated rated, Jackson, Cheeks, Junior. But since Jackson isn't a sure thing, I'd say take them as Cheeks, Junior, Jackson. No reason to hold out for Jackson when there are this many guys that want in.

I think it'd going to have to be given the studs that want in.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
HIs HC knows Freeman and he is trying to get back in June for an Official. Good news all around.

NDMIA

Reaction score
.9712 4* Niuafe Tuihalamaka
.9652 4* Jaylen Sneed
.9520 4* Joshua Burnham - COMMITTED
.9398 4* Devon Jackson
.9389 4* Sebastian Cheeks
.9000 4* Nolan Ziegler - COMMITTED

At this point I hope they get to 4+ guys of whoever they want on this list. I think Jr would be lowest on my list but he’s still a beast. Can’t really go wrong in many directions and it’s pretty remarkable that Freeman has us leading, contending or in the running for so many big time recruits. Let’s not forget Lander Barton and Robby Snelling are both 4* dudes and are/were very interested in ND but are just lower down the board. Pretty amazing. Next thing to do is close on a bunch of these guys. I hope they can get at least 4 and maybe keep recruiting the other two in hopes to get to 5 dudes because the LBer room would be better off for it and there’s gonna be a lot of turnover at that position after the 2021 season. Very very exciting stuff!!

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Loy CB.

Here comes the rush of LB commits. More asses than seats.

22 Football Signees