2022 Fall Camp Thread

domer13

Reaction score
The Marist limited thing is tad worrisome the tone they used.

The depth chart stuff seems tough to have takeaways. Would seem surprising if Cross was back to NT after spring comments. Suprised by the Thomas/Lenzy part too.

Diggs, Raridon and Davis takeaways were good.
It seemed, to me, like this was referring to Thomas being ahead of Lenzy in the red zone packages, not an indication that Lenzy was behind Thomas overall. There was a comment about needing bigger bodies.

317Irish

Reaction score

The depth chart stuff seems tough to have takeaways. Would seem surprising if Cross was back to NT after spring comments. Suprised by the Thomas/Lenzy part too.

I meant to post something previously, but one of the recent BGI podcasts (this Monday or last week) felt a little strange when they were discussing Liufau. Those guys have talked about how impactful he should be this year and how having him healthy will significant, but on the recent podcast they discussed how he would be a part of the rotation and almost felt like he would be a situational player. Felt very strange to me that they were seemingly starting to downplay his ability. That was my take at least.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for the quad options with Buchner. From the few clips I've seen, I am convinced we are going to see 2 RBs flanking Buchner, Mayer, Styles, and whoever steps up as the other receiver. Hand off option to Estime? QB run by Buchner? Option pitch to Tyree? Mayer streaking? Styles on the slant?

PutuporShutup

Reaction score
Buchner was never going to change his arm motion while here I’m surprised some are thinking a new Buchner would be unveiled? Rees has about said this that he’s not going to tweak arm motion once on campus.
Not expecting, hoping. It just looks lazy to me. We'll see in 4 weeks.

Like whiskey or someone said, he can be insanely dynamic with his throwing motion. Honestly, there really is no reason for him to be making tons of pro throws like we did with Coan.

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
Not expecting, hoping. It just looks lazy to me. We'll see in 4 weeks.

Like whiskey or someone said, he can be insanely dynamic with his throwing motion. Honestly, there really is no reason for him to be making tons of pro throws like we did with Coan.
We better hope like hell he is really damn good bc it doesn't appear we are getting anyone elite for '23 QB. CJ is a looong ways away.

PutuporShutup

Reaction score
Who the hell cares what a throwing motion looks like, as long as you are accurate. Look at baseball everyone throws different. 100% believe that private QB coaches are a scam and usually do more harm than good. Seems like with the invention of private QB coaches over the past 10 years everyone has to switch up their motion when prior to this no one gave two craps. TB12 let it rock baby.
IT's just that your odds with shitty mechanics are far worse to be accurate than if you have good mechanics.

PutuporShutup

Reaction score

maybe it makes sense why they didn't move Kollie to mike. I would lose my you know what if Kollie is on the bench all game with JD playing the same as last year. If Marist they don't expect to take on say 50+ snaps a game, they need kollie there big time.

But stinks if Marist isn't going to be 100%. My hope is they want him to be playing at 110% more and can have 2 players bringing it 80 plays a game instead of 1 getting worn down.

Rack Em

Community Bod
Reaction score
I can't wait for the quad options with Buchner. From the few clips I've seen, I am convinced we are going to see 2 RBs flanking Buchner, Mayer, Styles, and whoever steps up as the other receiver. Hand off option to Estime? QB run by Buchner? Option pitch to Tyree? Mayer streaking? Styles on the slant?
Pooch Punt? Fake Pooch Punt? The options are endless!

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
...Styles on the reverse? Styles on the RPO smoke screen? Tyree on the sprint-draw? Tyree on the backside wheel? Mayer splitting out and pancaking all of the DB's on a Buchner power option?

DONTH8

DefinitelynotCoachD
Reaction score
...Styles on the reverse? Styles on the RPO smoke screen? Tyree on the sprint-draw? Tyree on the backside wheel? Mayer splitting out and pancaking all of the DB's on a Buchner power option?
giphy.gif

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
I really don't like the OL changes but I also know nothing about OL play soooo.... we'll see.

Reaper97

Reaction score
I really don't like the OL changes but I also know nothing about OL play soooo.... we'll see.
It will be interesting.
Patterson is the best Center in the country, & that position is the one who calls out the assignments & technically the only player who touches the ball on every play.
He will be good at OG too, but Correll really needs to be a stud at Center too.

Reaper97

Reaction score
View attachment 3051182

Correll holding a bit more weight finally?
This is a weird thing to say, but since they are all wearing Knee & ankle supports, look at the small area between them on all the OL (the shin area).
Spindler’s legs are twice as big as everyone else’s.
I can see where all the added weight went with his shorter height.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
Correll never had problems getting over 300 in summer though, it was his weight loss through the season that always was the problem

Wild Bill

Reaction score
It will be interesting.
Patterson is the best Center in the country, & that position is the one who calls out the assignments & technically the only player who touches the ball on every play.
He will be good at OG too, but Correll really needs to be a stud at Center too.

My guess is Patterson will still be relied on to call out defensive formation, identify the mike, get oline on the same page at LOS, etc. Center is usually the ring leader bc they're the first person on the line but guard, or even tackle, can do the same.

Patterson will be good whether he's at guard or center and they'll be ready at the line. The two things I'm interested to see is whether Zeke can move large bodies consistently and whether spindler can push lugg for playing time.

Center plays to Zeke's strengths but he will still have to move large humans against their will at center and hopefully he gets it done. I want spindler to win that job. No knock on lugg. It's just a good thing for the team for a freshman to lock that job up.

Fisher and Alt will be good but have the potential to be elite. So far, they've progressed quickly and I hope that continues.

Reaper97

Reaction score
My guess is Patterson will still be relied on to call out defensive formation, identify the mike, get oline on the same page at LOS, etc. Center is usually the ring leader bc they're the first person on the line but guard, or even tackle, can do the same.

Patterson will be good whether he's at guard or center and they'll be ready at the line. The two things I'm interested to see is whether Zeke can move large bodies consistently and whether spindler can push lugg for playing time.

Center plays to Zeke's strengths but he will still have to move large humans against their will at center and hopefully he gets it done. I want spindler to win that job. No knock on lugg. It's just a good thing for the team for a freshman to lock that job up.

Fisher and Alt will be good but have the potential to be elite. So far, they've progressed quickly and I hope that continues.
I’ve always been under the impression that OG can call out assignments, but I heard on a podcast that they were really working on Correll learning the job because it’s Center’s responsibility under HH?

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
id put things at 50/50 Patterson ends up finishing the season at Center

Dale

Reaction score
I’ll put my money on the last choice. Patterson stays at LG. Correll stays at C and Kristofic finishes at RG when Lugg has another injury excusing I mean holding him back

arndtjc

Jameson in my coffee
Reaction score
Feed him. RTDB. In Audric We Trust.

Attachments

• FB5ACD5A-30F4-4E7A-9E9D-01155EFC4B31.jpeg
    FB5ACD5A-30F4-4E7A-9E9D-01155EFC4B31.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 51