What video game are you playing?

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
I went on a bit of a tear last night and picked up a bunch of items before that Winter sale went off. Avorion, Kingdom Come Deliverance, The Planet Crafter, Satisfactory, Tales of Arise, Persona 4, and a wildcard called Wildermyth. @TorontoGold that last one is supposed to be similar to Rimworld, which I almost pulled the trigger on, but Rimworld wasn't discounted much so I figured I could wait a little longer for a better deal before pulling the trigger. Most the games were $10-20 each so I didn't spend much in the end.

Armyirish47

Reaction score
I went on a bit of a tear last night and picked up a bunch of items before that Winter sale went off. Avorion, Kingdom Come Deliverance, The Planet Crafter, Satisfactory, Tales of Arise, Persona 4, and a wildcard called Wildermyth. @TorontoGold that last one is supposed to be similar to Rimworld, which I almost pulled the trigger on, but Rimworld wasn't discounted much so I figured I could wait a little longer for a better deal before pulling the trigger. Most the games were $10-20 each so I didn't spend much in the end.

Wildermyth is a lot of fun, I've played it co-op several times and we always had a blast.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
Hearing Ulk ‘went on a bit of a bender last night’ brought all kinds of horrific possibilities to mind,,…

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
I picked up cyberpunk 2077 it’s alright so far but the open world seems so empty and dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Kingdom Come Deliverance is kinda neat. Wonky combat system. But a nice changeup from the hack and slash.

I bought Squad. Supposed to be a good mix of milsim and team-based FPS.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
Kingdom Come Deliverance is kinda neat. Wonky combat system. But a nice changeup from the hack and slash.

I bought Squad. Supposed to be a good mix of milsim and team-based FPS.
KCD definitely a different type of game too, its not perfect but its very charming you can see the developers passion in it

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
Wildermyth is a lot of fun, I've played it co-op several times and we always had a blast.
I did end up firing it up last night. I was skeptical with the "card game" kind of look at first, but damn it if I didn't play through the entire introductory scenario in one sitting which took a number of hours. It really kind of roped me in. You get invested in your characters, and I think they do a good job with the story.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
Still working on a good Aard/Tank build in Witcher. I’m at lvl 38 and think I’ll get what I need at 40

DONTH8

DefinitelynotCoachD
Reaction score
I just finished my 4th or 5th play through of The Witcher 3 to take in the glorious next gen update. My second time doing deathmarch. Initially I wanted to go with a signs build. But I started to really struggle later in the game. So I ended up going back to the trusty high physical and alchemy build. (Whoever here was saying that oils become moot in the end game should really try Deathmarch.)

That being said, I have decided to take the plunge into Elden Ring. My buddies have been saying its the best game ever. And after telling them that I feel like I have gotten guud, they said i wouldnt last 10 hours into ER before rage quitting.

Started with a Vagabond build and will explore the world a little with that. Gotta learn the mechanics of the game as its my first From Software game. But looking forward to the challenge and hopefully i like it. Because then i could try out Bloodborne with a little more confidence.

If you dont hear from me in 2 months, send someone to check and see if I died to aneurysm.

IrishInFl

Back in Florida
Reaction score
I'm switching between:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Nightmare Reapers
Random arena shooters

For the arena shooters, if anyone wants to play something like Quake Champions or something like that.

Armyirish47

Reaction score
I did end up firing it up last night. I was skeptical with the "card game" kind of look at first, but damn it if I didn't play through the entire introductory scenario in one sitting which took a number of hours. It really kind of roped me in. You get invested in your characters, and I think they do a good job with the story.

Hell yeah, and it's flat out funny the way your characters get affected with stuff that lingers throughout the gameplay with the cartoony kind of stuff sticking around. Glad you enjoyed it, we need to get the IE Discord active for some gameage.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
I just finished my 4th or 5th play through of The Witcher 3 to take in the glorious next gen update. My second time doing deathmarch. Initially I wanted to go with a signs build. But I started to really struggle later in the game. So I ended up going back to the trusty high physical and alchemy build. (Whoever here was saying that oils become moot in the end game should really try Deathmarch.)

That being said, I have decided to take the plunge into Elden Ring. My buddies have been saying its the best game ever. And after telling them that I feel like I have gotten guud, they said i wouldnt last 10 hours into ER before rage quitting.

Started with a Vagabond build and will explore the world a little with that. Gotta learn the mechanics of the game as its my first From Software game. But looking forward to the challenge and hopefully i like it. Because then i could try out Bloodborne with a little more confidence.

If you dont hear from me in 2 months, send someone to check and see if I died to aneurysm.
Some build advice to make your first playthrough as enjoyable as possible:
  • Go get this sword in Caelid ASAP. You can two-hand it as soon as you've got 21 STR. Be sure to grab this one as well before you leave Limgrave, though you won't be able to powerstance them until you get to 40 STR.
  • For Talismans, grab this one from Stormveil Castle, this one in Fort Faroth, and this one at the Colosseum in Caelid (this challenge is very tough straight up, but easily cheesed). Fourth one is a flex slot.
  • For armor, grab this chest piece as soon as you reach Altus Plateau. For the other three slots, equip the heaviest stuff you can without fat rolling. Or whatever you think looks coolest. #FashionSouls is a thing. I'm partial to the Twinned Set and the Crucible Knight sets.
  • For your Flask of Wondrous Physick, the Strength-knot Crystal Tear is a good starter, but you'll want to grab the Stonebarb Cracked Tear ASAP. Be warned that the Erdtree Avatar who drops it is very hard to beat.
  • For spells, get to 15 FTH when it's convenient and pick up Flame, Cleanse Me and Flame, Grant Me Strength. You can purchase the Finger Seal in Roundtable Hold and equip it in your offhand to cast them as needed.
  • For Ashes of War on the Greatsword, get Lion's Claw from Caelid or Royal Knight's Resolve from Volcano Manor.
  • For your Spirit Summon, get the Mimic Tear from Nokron and upgrade it to +10 with Ghost Glovewort ASAP.
  • For farming levels (if you want to), there's a huge dragon in Caelid that can't move. If you equip a bleed weapon and hit it's tail repeatedly, you can get about 100k runes very early for free. You can also farm the ball trap at Lenne's Rise in Caelid (7k/minute). The best place the farm runes is in Moghwyn Palace, but you'll have to complete White Mask Varre's quest to get there early enough for it to be useful.
For playstyle, it's straight unga bunga. Jumping L1s all the way. You'll do so much poise damage that even the bosses who are resistant to Slash damage will wilt before you. Easiest way to get through your first playthrough.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Armyirish47

Reaction score
Some build advice to make your first playthrough as enjoyable as possible:
  • Go get this sword in Caelid ASAP. You can two-hand it as soon as you've got 21 STR. Be sure to grab this one as well before you leave Limgrave, though you won't be able to powerstance them until you get to 40 STR.
  • For Talismans, grab this one from Stormveil Castle, this one in Fort Faroth, and this one at the Colosseum in Caelid (this challenge is very tough straight up, but easily cheesed). Fourth one is a flex slot.
  • For armor, grab this chest piece as soon as you reach Altus Plateau. For the other three slots, equip the heaviest stuff you can without fat rolling. Or whatever you think looks coolest. #FashionSouls is a thing. I'm partial to the Twinned Set and the Crucible Knight sets.
  • For your Flask of Wondrous Physick, the Strength-knot Crystal Tear is a good starter, but you'll want to grab the Stonebarb Cracked Tear ASAP. Be warned that the Erdtree Avatar who drops it is very hard to beat.
  • For spells, get to 15 FTH when it's convenient and pick up Flame, Cleanse Me and Flame, Grant Me Strength. You can purchase the Two Fingers Seal in Roundtable Hold and equip it in your offhand to cast them as needed.
  • For Ashes of War on the Greatsword, get Lion's Claw from Caelid or Royal Knight's Resolve from Volcano Manor.
  • For your Spirit Summon, get the Mimic Tear from Nokron and upgrade it to +10 with Ghost Glovewort ASAP.
  • For farming levels (if you want to), there's a huge dragon in Caelid that can't move. If you equip a bleed weapon and hit it's tail repeatedly, you can get about 100k runes very early for free. You can also farm the ball trap at Lenne's Rise in Caelid (7k/minute). The best place the farm runes is in Moghwyn Palace, but you'll have to complete White Mask Varre's quest to get there early enough for it to be useful.
For playstyle, it's straight unga bunga. Jumping L1s all the way. You'll do so much poise damage that even the bosses who are resistant to Slash damage will wilt before you. Easiest way to get through your first playthrough.

Good luck!

Whiskey's last moments before 90 days of exodus is a video game guide on a message board. Brings a tear to muh eye. Good luck on your journey Whiskey and we'll see you on the other side!

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
I'm switching between:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Nightmare Reapers
Random arena shooters

For the arena shooters, if anyone wants to play something like Quake Champions or something like that.

How is that series? I've always kinda wondered. I've played the "Tales" series a little bit over the years and it looks kind of similar to that franchise.
Hell yeah, and it's flat out funny the way your characters get affected with stuff that lingers throughout the gameplay with the cartoony kind of stuff sticking around. Glad you enjoyed it, we need to get the IE Discord active for some gameage.
Yeah, first year in the game I had a Mystic that took a beating, had to escape a fight after getting incapacitated, and she had an eye patch for the rest of the playthrough lol. That was kinda cool.

At the end of the first campaign I was getting destroyed by the final boss, couldn't fight my way through the spawns to get to it quick enough. By the time I made it I was down to 3 of my 5 characters and they were beaten up pretty bad. My Warrior, who was also my Leader and the backbone of the team, took a nasty shot from the boss and went down. I called in the sacrifice play to do enough damage to the boss so the others could finish it off and get the win. That stung a bit, but I thought it was a fitting ending for him with the hero's sacrifice. I'm already deep into the next Scenario. Really cool game so far.

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
And now for a laugh. Super Seducer 2 is on sale on Steam this week, a 69% discount (I kid you not) coming in at $4.02! I'm sure there's a few single, lonely IEer's that could use some pickup tips. Here you go :laugh:

Release trailer if you've never seen it, it's cringey:

ACamp1900

Reaction score
I’m thinking of getting Kingdom Come,… could you share your thoughts??

ACamp1900

Reaction score
Solid game. Unorthodox combat system. Far from being Skyrim in Europe. Solid little story.
I like the lack of fantasy elements but the ‘wonky combat’ gives me pause,… could you explain

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
I like the lack of fantasy elements but the ‘wonky combat’ gives me pause,… could you explain

The combat has no Aimer for archery and then kind of a fencing type simulator for sword play which can be frustrating for newbies but then as the story goes you start out very weak and slow you have to build up your characters stats and abilities

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
I’m thinking of getting Kingdom Come,… could you share your thoughts??
You'll have to let @dublinirish and @NorthDakota give you the details. I just picked it up after it was on sale and they vouched for it, I haven't had a chance to fire it up yet. Currently trying out Planet Crafters after getting it during the same sale.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
I just finished Elden Ring NG+2 with arcane dex focus using Mohgwyns trident+10 and dragon seal +10.
Talismans:
Alexander’s shard - 15% attack power increase to skill (affects ashes of wars)
Fire scorpion -extra fire damage (procs by spear)
Lord of blood exultation-20% attack power increase with blood loss present (blood loss procs by spear or seppukku before fight)
Rotten wing -extra damage with consecutive hits (consecutive damage from spear attack)

Use flame tear and thorny tear for enhanced flame and consecutive attack boost

Pre buff with flame grant me strength and golden vow and flask of physick

Took down Malenia in about 4 tries. First two try I was stupid. Lol. Third bad rng and fourth killed her both phases in no time.

Rune farming with this is exceptional with a golden scarab equipped

I have zero skill and no shame.

Last edited:

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
I picked up cyberpunk 2077 it’s alright so far but the open world seems so empty and dead

i can't grow to love this game at all. I've gone back and fired up Fallout 4 which IMO is a better game and its like 7 years old now

ACamp1900

Reaction score
i can't grow to love this game at all. I've gone back and fired up Fallout 4 which IMO is a better game and its like 7 years old now
I’m this way with Horizon,… it’s okay but not compared to games like Witcher that are much older

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
I’m this way with Horizon,… it’s okay but not compared to games like Witcher that are much older
yeah like even Witcher 3 is better than Cyberpunk. I can't imagine what playing it at launch with all the bugs was like.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
yeah like even Witcher 3 is better than Cyberpunk. I can't imagine what playing it at launch with all the bugs was like.
CP never appealed to me but it is amazing that the same group that made a near-perfect game like Witcher 3 could follow it up with a game that has such a bad reputation as Cyberpunk

laughingirish90

Reaction score
love my ps5 i bought last fall but shouldn't have bought the digital console edition because now i'm running out of GB space to download anymore games and need to figure out ways to add more GB space

ACamp1900

Reaction score
love my ps5 i bought last fall but shouldn't have bought the digital console edition because now i'm running out of GB space to download anymore games and need to figure out ways to add more GB space
Walmart will have the storage sticks for like 90 bucks or so that will more than triple your space