Question about a girl

Question about a girl

• Yes

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Nooooooooooooooooo!

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • a:2:{i:2363;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:2363;s:6:"nodeid";s:7:"2882221";s:5:"title";s:3:"Yes";s:5:"vo

Votes: 53 70.7%

• Total voters

Irish2155

Reaction score
This will really flip Whisky’s wig and I’m sure I will take some heat from others…

I don’t believe in the concept of marriage. Over my years, as noted, I have seen it bring more hate than love. That’s just my personal experiences. Why would I sign up for that?

I believe in love and trust. Her and I getting married tomorrow changes absolutely nothing. It’ll be the same today as it will 100 years from now. A ring is obsolete.

She doesn’t disagree. Actually, she appreciates it…that’s why we fork out $1,000s every year in her medical cost. Getting married for medical coverage is garbage. It’s just money at the end of the day.

A simple piece of paper and name change has no impact on our forever. It just simply doesn’t and never will. We both already know and it’ll happen when the time is right.

Brick. Best of luck to you. Everyone, regardless of hairdo, deserves love. If she lets you PIIHB, then added bonus buddy.

NDRock

Reaction score
This will really flip Whisky’s wig and I’m sure I will take some heat from others…

I don’t believe in the concept of marriage. Over my years, as noted, I have seen it bring more hate than love. That’s just my personal experiences. Why would I sign up for that?

I believe in love and trust. Her and I getting married tomorrow changes absolutely nothing. It’ll be the same today as it will 100 years from now. A ring is obsolete.

She doesn’t disagree. Actually, she appreciates it…that’s why we fork out $1,000s every year in her medical cost. Getting married for medical coverage is garbage. It’s just money at the end of the day.

A simple piece of paper and name change has no impact on our forever. It just simply doesn’t and never will. We both already know and it’ll happen when the time is right.

Brick. Best of luck to you. Everyone, regardless of hairdo, deserves love. If she lets you PIIHB, then added bonus buddy.

If getting married is just a piece of paper and a name change how is it responsible for the “hate” it brings? I think it probably has more to do with the people inside the marriage than the institution itself. Plenty of of unmarried couples grow to hate each other, though when you have children together it’s another story.

I’ve personally been married for 21 years and couldn’t be happier. Best decision I’ve ever made. That being said, it’s not for everyone and I totally understand people choosing a different path. Best of luck to both of you.

Irish2155

Reaction score
If getting married is just a piece of paper and a name change how is it responsible for the “hate” it brings? I think it probably has more to do with the people inside the marriage than the institution itself. Plenty of of unmarried couples grow to hate each other, though when you have children together it’s another story.

I’ve personally been married for 21 years and couldn’t be happier. Best decision I’ve ever made. That being said, it’s not for everyone and I totally understand people choosing a different path. Best of luck to both of you.

Yup, it’s more about the people and not marriage but when married, the separation is much uglier. I guess I’m just super-extra cautious before taking that jump. My mom and her BF have been together for over 30 years without marrying…living the good retired life now on Daytona Beach.

On a lighter note, we’re expecting our first grandchild next week…a week from today to be exact. Her son’s lady is very pregnant. I’ve already bought him some mad ND baby gear to sport. Kid’s going to be a monster too…2040’s ND starting tackle, calling it now.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Yup, it’s more about the people and not marriage but when married, the separation is much uglier. I guess I’m just super-extra cautious before taking that jump. My mom and her BF have been together for over 30 years without marrying…living the good retired life now on Daytona Beach.

On a lighter note, we’re expecting our first grandchild next week…a week from today to be exact. Her son’s lady is very pregnant. I’ve already bought him some mad ND baby gear to sport. Kid’s going to be a monster too…2040’s ND starting tackle, calling it now.

If you wanna see ugly look at court cases when women sacrifice marriage and get dumped after 20-30 years. Palimony/common law marriage is absolutely awful for women.

Irish2155

Reaction score
If you wanna see ugly look at court cases when women sacrifice marriage and get dumped after 20-30 years. Palimony/common law marriage is absolutely awful for women.

Yes, absolutely, and I worry about my mother in this situation. As noted, they are doing really well largely, maybe entirely, because of him. And should anything ever happen to Derf (my nickname for him), then she could be left with nothing. Simply because they are not married which, again, is a piss poor reason to get married, but is the only reason why they've even discussed and are now proceeding. It changes nothing in terms of their love and devotion (your core marriage values), just protects her assets/inheritance should something happen. :krazy:

Last edited:

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely, and I worry about my mother in this situation. As noted, they are doing really well largely, maybe entirely, because of him. And should anything ever happen to Derf (my nickname for him), then she could be left with nothing. Simply because they are not married which, again, is a piss poor reason to get married, but is the only reason why they've even discussed and are now proceeding. It changes nothing in terms of their love and devotion (your core marriage values), just protects her assets/inheritance should something happen. :krazy:

Tell momma bear to lock that shit down!

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
I hear you man and we’re both past that. I just turned 40 and never had plans on children or marriage. She’s older than me and her kids with the ex-hubby are grown. Every situation is different and it works well for us.

The shit of it is, I’m the one with rarely used insurance through work but she’s the one who truly needs it. Pretty shitty reason to get married IMO and we just pay out of pocket for her shit.

I’d be happy to post a pic or two but don’t now how…gotten close but a jpeg error. ‍

Fenway then Martha’s Vineyard a few months ago was a blast.

It's about time you put a ring on it! Christy had waited long enough. :laugh:

But seriously, congrats!

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score

I never knew there were varying degrees of pregnancy!

I remember back in the late 60's and 70's living together was just starting to become a thing. Fifty years later, I wonder what the percentage is of married couples vs. couples living together?

NDBoiler

The Rep Machine
Reaction score
I can only imagine the scene if brick’s date was to find out he is doing live updates on IE on how their date is going.

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
I can only imagine the scene if brick’s date was to find out he is doing live updates on IE on how their date is going.

LOL, I can only imagine.

"Who are you texting? I hope it's not another girl"
"Don't worry, I'm not. I'm just updating a ND message board on how our date is going"
"Take me home. Now"

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Brick's been lurking. No posts since November, but he's been here. Such a tease!

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
I like how this thread gets bumped right as we're getting an influx of new members.

Trying to scare them off I guess.

ginman

shut your pie hole leppy
Reaction score
It looks like this thread was also derailed back in 2021 by talk of marriage, commitment and love???? Could someone clean that nonsense or at least move it to an appropriate thread..... AND, let's please just agree to keep this one thread on topic!

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
As epic as this thread was, you guys know deep in your hearts that this thread will probably never regain the heights it achieved when Brick originally asked. But hope springs eternal, right? lol

irishnd31

Not just a pretty face
Reaction score
As epic as this thread was, you guys know deep in your hearts that this thread will probably never regain the heights it achieved when Brick originally asked. But hope springs eternal, right? lol
It was a glorious couple of days. One for the books in IE lore.