Notre Dame Stadium
South Bend, IN
October 15, 2022
7:30 ET
nbc.png

Last edited:

irishff1014

Reaction score
Should be a win. This isn’t the Stanford of old. Put us in the W column.

calvegas04

Reaction score
Coming for this game. First night game any special I should know about?

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Unless you're staying the night near South Bend doesn't expect to get home until late.
Usually those October night games are beautiful if the weather cooperates. Perfect temps, great atmosphere.

Irish du Nord

Reaction score
Unless you're staying the night near South Bend doesn't expect to get home until late.
Usually those October night games are beautiful if the weather cooperates. Perfect temps, great atmosphere.
Last year against UNC was perfect weather and great atmosphere. Coincidentally, Stanford 2018 was one of my favorite night games as a student. The crowd was rocking and the DLine gave them plenty to be loud about

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Last year against UNC was perfect weather and great atmosphere. Coincidentally, Stanford 2018 was one of my favorite night games as a student. The crowd was rocking and the DLine gave them plenty to be loud about
Crowd is definitely rowdier during a night game. When you've got all day to tailgate...it's party time when kickoff comes around.

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
You're going to have a blast, I love the night games. As Ulikinatme mentioned, the night crowds tend to be much more rowdy than the afternoon games. Probably for two reasons:

1) the liquid courage lol and
2) I think some of the older fans, you know the "Down in front" crowd, they tend to stay away from the later games in my experience.

I'm hoping to go to this one, too. My first night game was USC in 2015, and that was so fun/crazy I try to make it a point to get to one night game every season. UNC last year was a riot as well.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
You're going to have a blast, I love the night games. As Ulikinatme mentioned, the night crowds tend to be much more rowdy than the afternoon games. Probably for two reasons:

1) the liquid courage lol and
2) I think some of the older fans, you know the "Down in front" crowd, they tend to stay away from the later games in my experience.

I'm hoping to go to this one, too. My first night game was USC in 2015, and that was so fun/crazy I try to make it a point to get to one night game every season. UNC last year was a riot as well.
I've only been to night games. Had a blast at both despite one being from the disaster of 2016.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
One of my favorite night games was the 2012 Pittsburgh debacle where much of the team was fighting flu. We played like shit for most of the game of course, but 4th quarter they started piping the music into the speakers to try and get the team and crowd back into things. Then they played this:

Crowd went crazy. Golson led the comeback, Pitt kicker missed two FGs late (One in overtime). We won the game and preserved the perfect regular season.

arrowryan

Reaction score
Best advice I can give someone coming in for a night game is pace yourself. Last year’s USC game, I showed up at 7am for a 7:30pm game. Surprisingly to no one, I did not make it into the game lol.

Depending on where you’re tailgating, the crowd can get a little dicey around 4.

I wish every home game was a night game. Crowd is so much better.

Irish'15

I’m not a businessman; I’m a business, man.
Reaction score
One of my favorite night games was the 2012 Pittsburgh debacle where much of the team was fighting flu. We played like shit for most of the game of course, but 4th quarter they started piping the music into the speakers to try and get the team and crowd back into things. Then they played this:

Crowd went crazy. Golson led the comeback, Pitt kicker missed two FGs late (One in overtime). We won the game and preserved the perfect regular season.

That game was so damn cold. I left in the 4th and watched the ending on tv.

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
It was chilly towards the end of the game, but was still around 32 degrees and the wind gusts were not bad. I was at that game and would’ve never classified that one as “damn cold”.

Worst game for me was ND-Syracuse in 2008. Temp around 25. Probably bearable but stood in about 3 inches of snow all game from when it snowed the night before. My feet felt like bricks of ice.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Weak! I was in jeans, a sweatshirt, and sandals. Lack of wind didn't make it bad and it was just low 40s for most of the game.

Spring game 2013, now that was cold. Biting winds all day, cloudy. You would think 35 degrees at gametime wouldn't be bad, but the wind was gusting all morning and afternoon between 25-28mph via a NW cold front. Probably didn't help that the stadium wasn't super full, so not a lot of body warmth going around.

Syracuse '08 was cold too, but the wind wasn't nearly as bad at ~5mph. My brother made it through that one, but tapped out 2nd half of the Spring game. I just remember going to Legends for lunch before the Spring Game, which we never did, and people were all crowding the lobby just to get inside for a bit.

Me2SouthBend

Reaction score
BYU game at Irish Chocolate Louis Nix’ Senior day game was cold. Believe coldest home game since the 60’s. Loved it. Tailgated w no need for a bag of ice to keep the beer cold. Only home game I’ve ever been to. Glorious finish w snow whipping around the stadium. Single digit temps? If not, very close.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Best advice I can give someone coming in for a night game is pace yourself. Last year’s USC game, I showed up at 7am for a 7:30pm game. Surprisingly to no one, I did not make it into the game lol.

Depending on where you’re tailgating, the crowd can get a little dicey around 4.

Wow those Mike’s Hard lemonades must have been hitting different that day

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
BYU game at Irish Chocolate Louis Nix’ Senior day game was cold. Believe coldest home game since the 60’s. Loved it. Tailgated w no need for a bag of ice to keep the beer cold. Only home game I’ve ever been to. Glorious finish w snow whipping around the stadium. Single digit temps? If not, very close.
Yeah, that one was pretty bad too. Upper 20s for the game, and the wind at some periods was almost as strong as the Spring Game that year.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
FSU a few years ago. 28 for the game. Fortunately the wind was somewhat tame.
Yeah, the Senior game that Wimbush filled in for Book after we got up big early. It was a great send off for him. I was there with a buddy, he wanted to leave during the 3rd but I kinda wanted to hang around to see the Seniors finish out. We ended up staying for most of the 4th instead. Those Florida boys were frozen and played even worse than usual.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Yeah, the Senior game that Wimbush filled in for Book after we got up big early. It was a great send off for him. I was there with a buddy, he wanted to leave during the 3rd but I kinda wanted to hang around to see the Seniors finish out. We ended up staying for most of the 4th instead. Those Florida boys were frozen and played even worse than usual.
Took my daughter to her first ND game that night.

As soon as warmups were over, the FSU players were racing for the bench/heaters. lol

MacIrish75

Tier 6 Dogshit Poster
Reaction score
It was chilly towards the end of the game, but was still around 32 degrees and the wind gusts were not bad. I was at that game and would’ve never classified that one as “damn cold”.

Worst game for me was ND-Syracuse in 2008. Temp around 25. Probably bearable but stood in about 3 inches of snow all game from when it snowed the night before. My feet felt like bricks of ice.
That ND/Cuse game is one of my favorite ND memories. Me and two fraternity brothers drove up from Terre Haute—one of them was Tyler Stockton’s (he was also from NJ) cousin and wanted to see what ND was all about. We dressed like a few 21 year olds might for that weather and were only warmed by the case of beer we put down before the game. We brought beers into the game in our jacket pockets, the play was terrible, there was a snowball fight, buddy from NJ passed out in the third quarter, we lost, and then we ended up sleeping in a Roseland gas station parking lot until we were good enough to drive home.

But, hey. From that monstrosity we ended up having Manti commit…so it all worked out, I suppose.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score

haha, yeah we normally don't start tailgating until 11 or noon on a night game; the 2:30 kicks almost always out there and set up before 8pm.

I haven't been in the ND Stadium lot in years but I'm sure it gets pretty rowdy in there. I tailgate with a pretty tame crowd over in the Ivy Court grass, near the 'Backer, with some family and it's always a good time.

calvegas04

Reaction score
How does the ticketing market work now since everything is through the app? Possible to still get tickets in the parking lot?

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
How does the ticketing market work now since everything is through the app? Possible to still get tickets in the parking lot?
I'd be weary of any scalpers that have printed out tickets; all tickets are mobile now. You can probably find people trying to sell them who can transfer them to you electronically?

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
You have to have an account. It says screenshots will not work. I don't know if that is really true or not. Even if a screen shot would work, there would be nothing to stop a scam artist to "sell" multiple people the same screen shot. It would be best to make sure the below directions are followed.

HOW TO TRANSFER TICKETS

• Step One Sign In
    • Sign in to your account at UND.com/BuyTickets
    • After you are logged in, select My Account from the drop down menu
  • Step Two Select Designated Game
    • Click on the game you would like to transfer tickets for
  • Step Three Click “Transfer”
  • Step Four Transfer via SMS delivery.
    • Transfer recipients will receive SMS text messaging that allows them to accept the ticket transfer.
    • Note: You are not able to use screenshots.

HOW TO ACCEPT A TRANSFERRED TICKET

• Step One: Receive Ticket(s)
    • The person receiving the transferred ticket(s) will receive a text message with a link
    • Click on link
  • Step Two: Log In or Create Account
    • You will be prompted to log into your account or to create a new account
  • Step Three: Accept Transfer
    • Once logged in, you can accept or decline the transfer.
    • You have one week to accept a transfer. Once accepted, add the tickets to the mobile wallet and have them ready to scan at the gate.
  • Step Four: Add to Wallet

Last edited:

arndtjc

Jameson in my Jameson
Reaction score

In the past couple years, day of game on StubHub you can snag good seats for under $100. Last year I paid $125 face thru the University for upper corner U$C, day of game I could have sat lower bowl 40 yard line for about $70

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
You have to have an account. It says screenshots will not work. I don't know if that is really true or not. Even if a screen shot would work, there would be nothing to stop a scam artist to "sell" multiple people the same screen shot. It would be best to make sure the below directions are followed.

Yeah, just to be safe I would go this route like he says. We transferred tickets through the app last year and it works well. If they're giving you a screenshot I wouldn't trust it.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
I have five tickets that I purchased for this game but am now unable to attend. I'm looking to sell them at face value, not looking to make a single buck. I would even consider a slight discount if I knew they were going to an Irish fan and an IE member at that.

Here are the seats, let me know if you're interested. I bought them at $96 a pop.

1660140244258.png

greyhammer90

the drunk piano player
Reaction score
I have five tickets that I purchased for this game but am now unable to attend. I'm looking to sell them at face value, not looking to make a single buck. I would even consider a slight discount if I knew they were going to an Irish fan and an IE member at that.

Here are the seats, let me know if you're interested. I bought them at $96 a pop.

View attachment 3051227

PM Sent.

texbender

Reaction score
I have 4 tix on 50 yd line Stanford side (section 10) and 2 tix in Section 121. Both sets come with Parking pass.