Nov 26 | Southern Cal

irishff1014

Reaction score
I will say as long as the young DB's keep improving this defense is going to give them a fit.

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
Hopefully, ND’s rush can get home more consistently by the time they go to LA.
Agreed, there is a lot of football left between now and November. Hopefully we'll grow from this past weekend and get better each week. Otherwise it's going to be a long season.

CANONIZEFATHERSORIN

Reaction score
lmao guys the copium levels in this thread are off the chart. USC is legitimately going to hang 60 points on us. Marshall lost to a 1-2 Bowling Green team. Have we seen anything to indicate we can put up more than like 17 points on them - at best?

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
lmao guys the copium levels in this thread are off the chart. USC is legitimately going to hang 60 points on us. Marshall lost to a 1-2 Bowling Green team. Have we seen anything to indicate we can put up more than like 17 points on them - at best?
USC is going to hang 60 points on this defense? I understand the pessimism about the offense but this is just a terrible post.

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Advanced stats seem to think USC is good but not great since their defense is so shitty. There's a reason why they are only a 7 point favorite against oregon state.

CANONIZEFATHERSORIN

Reaction score
USC is going to hang 60 points on this defense? I understand the pessimism about the offense but this is just a terrible post.
Yes our slow white linebackers are just the guys to stop the rapid fire aerial attack of USC - why are we assuming our defense is any good because from what we've seen of the Irish OSU was asleep for week 1 (or just aren't good).

NDohio

Reaction score
If only there was a data point of ND playing a very high powered offense this season and holding them to only 21 points...

CANONIZEFATHERSORIN

Reaction score
If only there was a data point of ND playing a very high powered offense this season and holding them to only 21 points...
1) OSU could have easily hung 28 or more they clearly took their foot off the gas in the late third and fourth quarters
2) OSU was clearly either asleep at the wheel or isn't actually good judging from our subsequent performances. Certainly the buckeyes are known to have uneven performances especially in the regular season
3) We're going to keep getting worse and I wouldn't be shocked to see players start opting out. We have to face facts - we are extraordinarily bad this year. We would be lucky to go 4-8.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
1) OSU could have easily hung 28 or more they clearly took their foot off the gas in the late third and fourth quarters
2) OSU was clearly either asleep at the wheel or isn't actually good judging from our subsequent performances. Certainly the buckeyes are known to have uneven performances especially in the regular season
3) We're going to keep getting worse and I wouldn't be shocked to see players start opting out. We have to face facts - we are extraordinarily bad this year. We would be lucky to go 4-8.
You're going to be a lot of fun to have around here.

You think OSU "took their foot off of the gas" when the score was 14-10 going into the fourth quarter? Are you serious?

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
Yes our slow white linebackers are just the guys to stop the rapid fire aerial attack of USC - why are we assuming our defense is any good because from what we've seen of the Irish OSU was asleep for week 1 (or just aren't good).
Are you under the impression that linebackers predominantly cover WRs in a "rapid fire aerial attack" offense?

CANONIZEFATHERSORIN

Reaction score
You're going to be a lot of fun to have around here. Please, stick around.

You think OSU "took their foot off of the gas" when the score was 14-10 going into the fourth quarter? Are you serious?
Indeed I am and I will. Lots of silly boomer takes here that cry out for correction from the hip younger generation. Clearly the finger of many here has been removed from the pulse of the Golden Dome for far too long.

And fair enough, then let's say for the duration of the fourth quarter. Like I think it's really tough to overstate how bad this Irish team is. There's not a single clear difference maker on defense and they will pick us apart all day long. Clearly we caught OSU asleep and still lost by double digits - and we were all toasting the great triumph of a double digit loss lmao

NDohio

Reaction score
Ummm - What? The score was 14-10 at the end of the third quarter and you think tOSU let up?

I stopped reading after that...

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score

We absolutely should have their number in the trenches. They've taken a lot of linemen the last few years, some in transfers, but aside from one none of them was a 4 star. We should have the talent. We should be able to run, and unless they quick pass us to death we should be able to pressure the QB. Seem people are saying blowout, but I think it'll be close and could go either way depending on how often we get beat on big passes given up.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Indeed I am and I will. Lots of silly boomer takes here that cry out for correction from the hip younger generation. Clearly the finger of many here has been removed from the pulse of the Golden Dome for far too long.

And fair enough, then let's say for the duration of the fourth quarter. Like I think it's really tough to overstate how bad this Irish team is. There's not a single clear difference maker on defense and they will pick us apart all day long. Clearly we caught OSU asleep and still lost by double digits - and we were all toasting the great triumph of a double digit loss lmao
Ah yes, us silly boomers who have watched way more football than you hipsters. But just so you know, the guys you've been responding to aren't boomers. Welcome aboard.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
The offense was pretty damn bad out of the gate in September 2018. I'm not saying Pyne or these skill position guys are going to ascend to that level, but it all starts up front. There's reason to believe that if the OL can continue to improve like we saw in the 2nd half of the Cal game, we will get better as the season goes on.

"Canonizetahersorin" believing that we will only get worse as the season goes on is just asinine. This football team can, and likely will, look a lot different by the time we reach November.

Last edited:

indianamouse

Reaction score
USC is not going to hang 60 on notre dame. Who have they played to make you believe that?

CANONIZEFATHERSORIN

Reaction score
The offense was pretty damn bad out of the gate in September 2018. I'm not saying Pyne or these skill position guys are going to ascend to that level, but it all starts up front. There's reason to believe that if the OL can continue to improve like we saw in the 2nd half of the Cal game, we will get better as the season goes on.

"Canonizetahersorin" believing that we will only get worse as the season goes on is just asinine. This football team can, and likely will, look a lot different by the time we reach November.
You're lack of realization that my username calls for the recognition of the sainthood of our beloved Lady's University's founder reveals all I need to know

JurDocDuLac

Reaction score
Our beloved Father Sorin does not have the required number of provable miracles for canonization, unfortunately.
But I know who does:
CanonizeCoachRockne!

CoachB

Reaction score
Trolls gonna troll. Don't argue with someone that is intentionally trying to do idiotic takes to get people fired up. Just ban and move on. I literally feel dumber after wasting the seconds of my life it took to read that inane drivel.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Don't really understand the people who come on here and just yell that we suck over and over again. What's the point?