[NCAAF] vBook: National Championship - Ohio State vs Alabama

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
My key takeaways from the CFP...

1. Stars matter
2. Saban is a genius.
3. There's Bama, OSU, and Clemson, then the rest.

Is he though?

The biggest advantage Bama has on any team without any restriction at all every season is roster. Take any top 10 coach in the country and give them those rosters every year and I would argue you get similar results. Not to mention his coaching staff is typically insane. Didn't they just hire Butch Davis? I mean come on....

Dale

Reaction score
My key takeaways from the CFP...

1. Stars matter
2. Saban is a genius.
3. There's Bama, OSU, and Clemson, then the rest.

I think it’s Bama

Then it’s tOSU & Clemson.

I’d tier it as:

A) Alabama

B) Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Florida and maybe Oregon

Everyone in Tier B is at a talent surplus compared to the rest of the country, with UGA and OSU slightly ahead. What makes them different from each other or Alabama any given year is the “one thing” propelling then forward or holding them back.

DJ looked great against us sure but the odds Clemson has 3 straight can’t miss talents at QB is slim. Ohio State, similar propped up by Fields but now we see if Day can continue what Urban had or if Fields has been carrying them. If this was Urban I’d bump them to A.

You give LSU a Burrow and Chase/Jefferson, jumps up to A for a year. Give Oklahoma a defense? We’ll see next year. Give UGA a 21st century offense? Still waiting on that. Give Notre Dame a QB/WR jump, well hopefully we’ll see soon. Point being I don’t think anyone in “B” is that far off from Clemson now for instance and are not incapable of fixing said things.

That’s my soapbox lol.

Irish du Nord

Reaction score
I’d tier it as:

A) Alabama

B) Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Florida and maybe Oregon

Everyone in Tier B is at a talent surplus compared to the rest of the country, with UGA and OSU slightly ahead. What makes them different from each other or Alabama any given year is the “one thing” propelling then forward or holding them back.

DJ looked great against us sure but the odds Clemson has 3 straight can’t miss talents at QB is slim. Ohio State, similar propped up by Fields but now we see if Day can continue what Urban had or if Fields has been carrying them. If this was Urban I’d bump them to A.

You give LSU a Burrow and Chase/Jefferson, jumps up to A for a year. Give Oklahoma a defense? We’ll see next year. Give UGA a 21st century offense? Still waiting on that. Give Notre Dame a QB/WR jump, well hopefully we’ll see soon. Point being I don’t think anyone in “B” is that far off from Clemson now for instance and are not incapable of fixing said things.

That’s my soapbox lol.

Kelly Bryant makes it 3 of 4, if I'm understanding you correctly. Even so, Watson was in the 2014 class, if they have 3 unbelievable talents in 7 classes its impressive, but not implausible.

Dale

Reaction score
Kelly Bryant makes it 3 of 4, if I'm understanding you correctly. Even so, Watson was in the 2014 class, if they have 3 unbelievable talents in 7 classes its impressive, but not implausible.

I’d say Kelly Bryant is a good college QB. Watson and Trevor were carry a program QBs

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
Yes good looking team and job well done

I appreciate the kind words from all of you, and I'm sure TTT does too. ND is my #2 team and I know Tommy roots for you guys also. We appreciate you "watching the game with us" and sharing in our season. Congrats to you guys for an outstanding year and I hope you get your next NC soon. I believe you will.