Bowl Season 2021-22

Dale

Reaction score
And people think we can win lol. They were missing their 2 best WR’s.

Wilson & Olave would both tell you JSN is better then them.

Utah literally had to throw their backup RB in at CB today.

rtrn2glory

Reaction score
Gotta hard time swallowing kyren not playing and then seeing corral for Mississippi out here battling it out when he's a projected first round pick.... Just saying

phork

Raining On Your Parade
Reaction score
Gotta hard time swallowing kyren not playing and then seeing corral for Mississippi out here battling it out when he's a projected first round pick.... Just saying

And Corrals draft status just imploded with a serious leg injury. So.. Point proven I guess.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Staff member
Reaction score
As he goes to the ground with an ankle injury.... I'm literally the kiss of death

Mike Farrell shares your assessment of his toughness just three minutes before he was carted off.

one thing I’m seeing slot of today is numerous people getting injured. Utah’s qb, Corral, several buckeyes…

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
And people think we can win lol. They were missing their 2 best WR’s.

We've been severely lacking in the WR group as a whole for some time. We get the occasional playmaker in a Claypool, but top to bottom when was the last time we had a stacked WR room or at least two very strong starters? A real 1-2 punch with talent? Tate & Floyd? Samardzija & Stovall or Samardzija & McKnight? Never during BK's reign did I feel like we had two WRs that could truly dominate a secondary like those guys did. Closest might have been Floyd /w Eifert, subbing in a TE. Seems like at best we have one decent playmaking WR (Or one average one) and a cast of bit players. Styles is a bonafide star in the making, but we need some other guys to step up.

irishff1014

Reaction score
We've been severely lacking in the WR group as a whole for some time. We get the occasional playmaker in a Claypool, but top to bottom when was the last time we had a stacked WR room or at least two very strong starters? A real 1-2 punch with talent? Tate & Floyd? Samardzija & Stovall or Samardzija & McKnight? Never during BK's reign did I feel like we had two WRs that could truly dominate a secondary like those guys did. Closest might have been Floyd /w Eifert, subbing in a TE. Seems like at best we have one decent playmaking WR (Or one average one) and a cast of bit players. Styles is a bonafide star in the making, but we need some other guys to step up.

You are correct. However i was talking about Ohio State.

BleedingGold

Yelp Reviewer
Reaction score
Conference USA3-5
MAC3-5
AAC3-1
Independent2-2
Mountain West5-1
Sun Belt3-1
Pac-120-5
Big Ten6-4
Big 124-2
SEC5-6
ACC2-4

I would like to congradulate the SEC on proving their dominance in college football once again. They are garanteed a 6-7 record while holding out a chance to add a win/loss against Kansas State matched up with the powerhouse of LSU. Showing us all that a part from their typical top 2 programs their stretch of dominance flows wide and far across all spectrums of their programs. No advantage to collect 13 bowl games was created by propping up their marginal teams with games against lower tier, non bowl programs like Samford (Florida), Eastern Illinois (South Carolina), Southeastern Missouri State (Missouri), Tennessee Tech (Tennessee), Tennesee State (Mississippi State), Alabama State (Auburn), or McNeese (LSU).

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score

irishog77

NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW
Reaction score
Conference USA3-5
MAC3-5
AAC3-1
Independent2-2
Mountain West5-1
Sun Belt3-1
Pac-120-5
Big Ten6-4
Big 124-2
SEC5-6
ACC2-4

I would like to congradulate the SEC on proving their dominance in college football once again. They are garanteed a 6-7 record while holding out a chance to add a win/loss against Kansas State matched up with the powerhouse of LSU. Showing us all that a part from their typical top 2 programs their stretch of dominance flows wide and far across all spectrums of their programs. No advantage to collect 13 bowl games was created by propping up their marginal teams with games against lower tier, non bowl programs like Samford (Florida), Eastern Illinois (South Carolina), Southeastern Missouri State (Missouri), Tennessee Tech (Tennessee), Tennesee State (Mississippi State), Alabama State (Auburn), or McNeese (LSU).

I dislike the ess eee cee more than anybody. I have lived in the south my entire life, and gotten first-hand views of several programs. Certain schools drown in their own Kool-Aid- sometimes every few years, but sometimes annually.

That being said, 1) every other team (minus a handful) plays shit teams every year. The scenario you described above isn't unique to the ess ee cee. 2) the ess eee cee, sadly, is better (and it's not even debatable) than every other conference. Now, does that automatically mean that the 5th best team in the ess eee cee is better than the 5th place team in the big ten? No, it doesn't. Or does it mean that the big xii or acc can't have great years to rival them? No, of course not. But get real, by virtually every metric, the ess eee cee is the best conference. It's not even a discussion.

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
PAC 12 is unworthy

Cack, they've just about slipped to G5 status. Seriously, they aren't far from it these days. They've only had two teams ever make the playoffs, and it's been five years since the last one.