Bowl Season 2021-22

irishff1014

Reaction score
And people think we can win lol. They were missing their 2 best WR’s.

Dale

Reaction score

Wilson & Olave would both tell you JSN is better then them.

Utah literally had to throw their backup RB in at CB today.

rtrn2glory

Reaction score
Gotta hard time swallowing kyren not playing and then seeing corral for Mississippi out here battling it out when he's a projected first round pick.... Just saying

phork

Raining On Your Parade
Reaction score
Gotta hard time swallowing kyren not playing and then seeing corral for Mississippi out here battling it out when he's a projected first round pick.... Just saying

And Corrals draft status just imploded with a serious leg injury. So.. Point proven I guess.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
As he goes to the ground with an ankle injury.... I'm literally the kiss of death

Mike Farrell shares your assessment of his toughness just three minutes before he was carted off.

one thing I’m seeing slot of today is numerous people getting injured. Utah’s qb, Corral, several buckeyes…

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score

We've been severely lacking in the WR group as a whole for some time. We get the occasional playmaker in a Claypool, but top to bottom when was the last time we had a stacked WR room or at least two very strong starters? A real 1-2 punch with talent? Tate & Floyd? Samardzija & Stovall or Samardzija & McKnight? Never during BK's reign did I feel like we had two WRs that could truly dominate a secondary like those guys did. Closest might have been Floyd /w Eifert, subbing in a TE. Seems like at best we have one decent playmaking WR (Or one average one) and a cast of bit players. Styles is a bonafide star in the making, but we need some other guys to step up.

irishff1014

Reaction score
We've been severely lacking in the WR group as a whole for some time. We get the occasional playmaker in a Claypool, but top to bottom when was the last time we had a stacked WR room or at least two very strong starters? A real 1-2 punch with talent? Tate & Floyd? Samardzija & Stovall or Samardzija & McKnight? Never during BK's reign did I feel like we had two WRs that could truly dominate a secondary like those guys did. Closest might have been Floyd /w Eifert, subbing in a TE. Seems like at best we have one decent playmaking WR (Or one average one) and a cast of bit players. Styles is a bonafide star in the making, but we need some other guys to step up.

You are correct. However i was talking about Ohio State.

BleedingGold

Yelp Reviewer
Reaction score
Conference USA3-5
MAC3-5
AAC3-1
Independent2-2
Mountain West5-1
Sun Belt3-1
Pac-120-5
Big Ten6-4
Big 124-2
SEC5-6
ACC2-4

I would like to congradulate the SEC on proving their dominance in college football once again. They are garanteed a 6-7 record while holding out a chance to add a win/loss against Kansas State matched up with the powerhouse of LSU. Showing us all that a part from their typical top 2 programs their stretch of dominance flows wide and far across all spectrums of their programs. No advantage to collect 13 bowl games was created by propping up their marginal teams with games against lower tier, non bowl programs like Samford (Florida), Eastern Illinois (South Carolina), Southeastern Missouri State (Missouri), Tennessee Tech (Tennessee), Tennesee State (Mississippi State), Alabama State (Auburn), or McNeese (LSU).

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score

irishog77

NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW
Reaction score
Conference USA3-5
MAC3-5
AAC3-1
Independent2-2
Mountain West5-1
Sun Belt3-1
Pac-120-5
Big Ten6-4
Big 124-2
SEC5-6
ACC2-4

I would like to congradulate the SEC on proving their dominance in college football once again. They are garanteed a 6-7 record while holding out a chance to add a win/loss against Kansas State matched up with the powerhouse of LSU. Showing us all that a part from their typical top 2 programs their stretch of dominance flows wide and far across all spectrums of their programs. No advantage to collect 13 bowl games was created by propping up their marginal teams with games against lower tier, non bowl programs like Samford (Florida), Eastern Illinois (South Carolina), Southeastern Missouri State (Missouri), Tennessee Tech (Tennessee), Tennesee State (Mississippi State), Alabama State (Auburn), or McNeese (LSU).

I dislike the ess eee cee more than anybody. I have lived in the south my entire life, and gotten first-hand views of several programs. Certain schools drown in their own Kool-Aid- sometimes every few years, but sometimes annually.

That being said, 1) every other team (minus a handful) plays shit teams every year. The scenario you described above isn't unique to the ess ee cee. 2) the ess eee cee, sadly, is better (and it's not even debatable) than every other conference. Now, does that automatically mean that the 5th best team in the ess eee cee is better than the 5th place team in the big ten? No, it doesn't. Or does it mean that the big xii or acc can't have great years to rival them? No, of course not. But get real, by virtually every metric, the ess eee cee is the best conference. It's not even a discussion.

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
PAC 12 is unworthy

Cack, they've just about slipped to G5 status. Seriously, they aren't far from it these days. They've only had two teams ever make the playoffs, and it's been five years since the last one.

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
Didn't see a general bowl game thread, so I'll just post this here; I know some CFB fans feel as though there are too many bowl games and don't like seeing so many 6-6 and even 5-7 teams make bowl games. (Personally, I think that's crazy as I want as many CFB games as humanly possible, even in December on a Tuesday).

Does that sentiment change when it comes to ND? Would you rather play in the Hawaii or Famous Idaho Potato Bowls, or just skip it? I think the latter is crazy but I thought it might be an interesting topic to discuss as ND appears to be on the fringe of bowl eligibility through 7 games.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
Didn't see a general bowl game thread, so I'll just post this here; I know some CFB fans feel as though there are too many bowl games and don't like seeing so many 6-6 and even 5-7 teams make bowl games. (Personally, I think that's crazy as I want as many CFB games as humanly possible, even in December on a Tuesday).

Does that sentiment change when it comes to ND? Would you rather play in the Hawaii or Famous Idaho Potato Bowls, or just skip it? I think the latter is crazy but I thought it might be an interesting topic to discuss as ND appears to be on the fringe of bowl eligibility through 7 games.
You take every practice you can get and use it to improve.... I would obviously love for them to play in the Sun Bowl again.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
You take every practice you can get and use it to improve.... I would obviously love for them to play in the Sun Bowl again.
I agree with this. Take the extra weeks to get a little better, and also just as a fan I want to see them play as much as possible.

BoredIrish

Reaction score

I think the team would love a trip to Hawaii or somewhere warm.

The only reason I can think of to not want a bowl is that depending on the number of seniors that sit it out, this team could be pretty bad. I think Mayer and Foskey definitely sit out. If Patterson sits out, the O-line situation could get messy... which means the offense will be a steaming pile of garbage again.

Losing to another mediocre team might not be great for recruiting.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
I think the team would love a trip to Hawaii or somewhere warm.

The only reason I can think of to not want a bowl is that depending on the number of seniors that sit it out, this team could be pretty bad. I think Mayer and Foskey definitely sit out. If Patterson sits out, the O-line situation could get messy... which means the offense will be a steaming pile of garbage again.

Losing to another mediocre team might not be great for recruiting.
Well the recruiting class would be fully baked by the time that hypothetical loss occurred, and I don't think it would be tough for Freeman or the staff to explain away any potential struggles in a bowl game.

On the flip side of that coin, and to ACamp's point, regardless of the results and who sits out, those are invaluable reps for the TEs and Olinemen who are filling in for Mayer/Patterson/Foskey, etc.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Also if it is as insignificant a bowl game as we’re likely to land in, will recruits even notice if our offense looks like a steaming pile of garbage?

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
Also if it is as insignificant a bowl game as we’re likely to land in, will recruits even notice if our offense looks like a steaming pile of garbage?
Because it’s a small bowl we will win and look amazing and everyone will expect a playoff birth come this time next year,…