'24 NC ATH Bryce Young (Notre Dame Signee)

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
He needs to look at Keeley and understand that if he goes to Bama they will break promises about how much playing time he will get in his first year.
Funny you mention it, because Young reminds me a lot of Keeley.

Athletic freak of nature, 6'6 with ridiculous twitch and bend, but raw and needs to develop consistency with his pass rush technique.

PutuporShutup

Reaction score
Funny you mention it, because Young reminds me a lot of Keeley.

Athletic freak of nature, 6'6 with ridiculous twitch and bend, but raw and needs to develop consistency with his pass rush technique.
He's really starting to come into his own and dominate at times, but not consistently enough yet like you mention. Last year he made tackles, not plays (if that makes sense?).

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Is a fast-twitched, productive defensive lineman who offers flexibility in how he can be used in college depending on body development. High-level athlete with length. Spends a lot of time in the backfield and flexibility and body control as a wrestler shows on field. Carries 240 pounds well and can easily play at 260 pounds. Moves around on the defensive line in Charlotte Christian's 3-4 defense. Looks like a sprinter firing out of the blocks when in a three-point stance. Gets off quickly at the snap and has very little wasted movement. Is able to get under offensive lineman and uses lower body strength to drive into and push him back into the backfield. Plays with speed and subtle change of direction allows him to win one-on-one battles with regularity. Shows a swim move and is able to shed blockers on way to the backfield. Can re-direct along the line of scrimmage. Possesses closing speed and is capable of chasing down the ball carrier on the back side. Is quick to disengage. Plays with energy and effort. Does not quit on plays. Understands assignment integrity and has quickness to get to the running back when unblocked off the edge. Has to work on strength and staying low to anchor when ball is being run to his side but has success at the high school level because of his athleticism and quick hands. Has to work on stack-and-shed ability. Adding upper body strength is important. Could develop into an excellent pass rusher for a high-level college program. Athletic profile and size combination is that of early-round NFL draft prospect.

Free evaluation from Dohn on 247.

CanadalovesND

Reaction score
Good move. It's going to need a lot more refinement, naturally. He telegraphs it.

But, if a 6'6'', potentially 270 Ibs defensive end can develop a nasty spin move. Watch out.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
He's been compared to Keon Keeley, and it shows.

I don't know how much of an impact he'll make as a freshman, because he's still going to need to develop his hands. But in terms of upside and sheer athleticism, good lord, this is about as good as we've seen in a while.

BobbyMac

Staffer 4 Life
Staff member
Reaction score
I came around after a couple of games this year... and after reexamining the DE's ahead of him that based on his current explosiveness, his frame size and his pedigree that this is a 5*.

This is a DM or GC or whatever you wanna call it without invoking the name of Coach D.

I'm gonna predict this class has more championship level production from the Top 5 than 2013.

PutuporShutup

Reaction score
I came around after a couple of games this year... and after reexamining the DE's ahead of him that based on his current explosiveness, his frame size and his pedigree that this is a 5*.

This is a DM or GC or whatever you wanna call it without invoking the name of Coach D.

I'm gonna predict this class has more championship level production from the Top 5 than 2013.
He’s starting to remind me of tuitt at this stage

INLaw

Hardcore chooch
Reaction score

This is a DM(HUH?)or GC(What?)or whatever you wanna call it without invoking the name of Coach Diaco…DO YOU MEAN CAT OR WHEREWOLF? Because sir this is a Wendy’s and we shop down the Halloween aisle

CanadalovesND

Reaction score
Fun to watch.

Power, quickness, length. Only real issues are technical, which all HS athletes have.

Me2SouthBend

Reaction score
He is some combination of Lynch, Tuitt and dare I say Clowney in that highlight package. I hope he is an EE because he’s got the ability to cause problems early and often.