2024 Spring Practice Thread

GoIrish41

Paterfamilius
Reaction score
Well, you were at the practice so maybe you're right. I don't think any of the beat writers said anything about Gray playing boundary and I think they would have because that is significant news if true.

What I do know is, after Benmo went down, Lewis filled in with the 1s at boundary while Gray and Mickey continued to rotate at field. No one mentioned either moving to boundary after Lewis left. The coaches expect BM to be healthy and starting when the season starts so I'm not sure they would want Gray or Mickey to learn another position when it's unlikely they'll be playing there during the season... but who knows?
I’m not sure I’ve heard definitively that BenMo would be back at the start of the season. Freeman said he’d be back “in the fall,” which could be October for all we know. I hope I’m just overthinking it but Freeman’s comments seemed oddly vague as to return date.

Rizzophil

Reaction score
I’m not sure I’ve heard definitively that BenMo would be back at the start of the season. Freeman said he’d be back “in the fall,” which could be October for all we know. I hope I’m just overthinking it but Freeman’s comments seemed oddly vague as to return date.

Never know, he may sit whole year

IrishBoognish

Reaction score

MF isn't gonna say, "He will totally be back at X date"

He said he'd be back in Fall... he wouldn't have said that if he wasn't confident he'd be back for fall camp... certainly not "October"

Take my hand and come in off the ledge

arrowryan

Reaction score
Jayden Thomas was at least in the stretching line today in practice, per their Instagram story.

He still might be made out of glass, but maybe he’s not playing in the spring game because there is more risk than reward for him.

PutuporShutup

Reaction score
Jayden Thomas was at least in the stretching line today in practice, per their Instagram story.

He still might be made out of glass, but maybe he’s not playing in the spring game because there is more risk than reward for him.
Freeman said hamstring

What’s alarming is he’s having the same issue still

arrowryan

Reaction score
Freeman said hamstring

What’s alarming is he’s having the same issue still

Yeah, it’s difficult for me to really include him in the mix at WR when he’s never available.

He benefited from position malpractice by Del, which gave him a ton of opportunity for playing time. Times have changed and they have a bunch of capable players now. Seems like he’s on the verge of getting left in the dust if he pulls up lame every 6 months.

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s difficult for me to really include him in the mix at WR when he’s never available.

He benefited from position malpractice by Del, which gave him a ton of opportunity for playing time. Times have changed and they have a bunch of capable players now. Seems like he’s on the verge of getting left in the dust if he pulls up lame every 6 months.

This is a disappointing, but fair assessment.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
BenMo sighting. He doesn't appear to be going anywhere (or anywhere near a football field)

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
BenMo sighting. He doesn't appear to be going anywhere (or anywhere near a football field)

I mean, he had shoulder surgery about a month ago.

Generally, a patient is going to wear a sling for 4-6 weeks post-surgery. So I imagine he'll be out of it pretty soon, and will slowly be worked back in during summer workouts.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
I like it but IMO the shirt should always be a Kelly green, stands out so much more
I realize they don't do this because they want people to buy the shirt every year instead of just buying it once and blending in. But they should totally do this. So much better than all the other Notre Dame colors, especially the soft gold (the worst of our colors).

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Kelly green, white, and gold would be ND’s primary colors if I was AD, with navy jerseys maybe once / twice a year. The combos for OSU and Clemson games were just so clean.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Kelly green, white, and gold would be ND’s primary colors if I was AD, with navy jerseys maybe once / twice a year. The combos for OSU and Clemson games were just so clean.
That gold is fine - good! - on jerseys now and then, it's just on a t-shirt/sweatshirt it looks like something my great aunt would wear.

SDIrishFan

Reaction score
Why does “The Shirt” always look like something I would find at my local goodwill?
Especially considering they have a top tier media/production department. Or they have hired one. Their video and graphic work is top notch. The shirt looks like a high school design contest most years.

irishandy

Reaction score
I am pleased with the shirt, it seems like the past few years its been "Kelly" green...why are we still calling it "Kelly" green?

OKCDomer23

Reaction score
Also like the shirt.

Things I want to see today:

1) Oline playing better. This is the main unit I enter the season with concern.
2) QBs playing well and looking in snyc with receivers.
3) Great fundamentals and tackling from the whole team.
4) No injuries
5) Defense making plays. Want to see Sneed and Bowen evolve into superstars.

Go Irish!