'18 IN RB Markese Stepp (Nebraska Transfer)

BobbyMac

Staff & Stuff
Staff member
Messages
33,950
Reaction score
9,298
Just got a text that Markese took the first play of the game to the house... and hurt his leg on the play. Bummer. Hopefully it was a cramp or a slight hammy at the worst.
 

Sherm Sticky

The Prophet
Messages
19,336
Reaction score
1,649
Will this kid rise up the rankings the next 17 months?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

dad4aa

Well-known member
Messages
3,754
Reaction score
741
I am going to try and get there as well. We should see how many of us are going and find a gathering spot. Don't believe they tailgate at the high school
 

ResLife Hero

Well-known member
Messages
6,738
Reaction score
191
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a> RB commit Markese Stepp strained a hamstring in his season opener last night. He said he'll be out 3-6 weeks.</p>— Tyler James (@TJamesNDI) <a href="https://twitter.com/TJamesNDI/status/767037976161480705">August 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
 

NDVirginia19

Rally
Messages
4,907
Reaction score
5,804
Nagging injuries like this are so rough for big time HS recruits, especially after they commit. You really don't want to rush back for injuries like this, but a lot of the guys on the team who are having to bust their ass to get on a D3 Roster will come back too soon from these injuries since they can't afford to miss games they'll play through it. If a guy like Stepp waits for it to fully heal, by far the smartest long term option, you'll get a little bit of resentment from the rest of the team. Best of luck to him
 

BobbyMac

Staff & Stuff
Staff member
Messages
33,950
Reaction score
9,298
Markese isn't going anywhere but ND. Indy Cathedral kid. Not a slight worry. I like that he has offers from Georgia and LSU as it shows his talent level. Stepp is awesome. Reminds me of Jones Jr.

Julius was a Jr.? I did not know that.
 

Irish2155

Well-known member
Messages
6,852
Reaction score
2,270
Markese isn't going anywhere but ND. Indy Cathedral kid. Not a slight worry. I like that he has offers from Georgia and LSU as it shows his talent level. Stepp is awesome. Reminds me of Jones Jr.

I like the offers coming...this time Les was late, who is next?

Just looking at Cathedral's schedule and it is a shit hole compared to years past. I know St. X is traditionally good in OH...not too much knowledge of the TN school. But the rest are from IN and the only one impressive is Center Grove which is the last game of the year. And CG, although defending state champs, just lost last weekend to Warren.
 

BobbyMac

Staff & Stuff
Staff member
Messages
33,950
Reaction score
9,298
I think he's referring to Tony Jones Jr

tumblr_ms2nllBIDb1s7wneso1_250.gif
 

GBdomer

People's Champion
Messages
6,845
Reaction score
555
Damn that's a huggggge offer, congrats Mr. Stepp

Wiltfong also reported he wouldn't be surprised if Stepp looked around a little bit
 

BobbyMac

Staff & Stuff
Staff member
Messages
33,950
Reaction score
9,298
Thought he was in love with ND. Guess he's just in like.

Welcome to the world of the soft commit.
 

ndcoltsfan2010

Well-known member
Messages
2,652
Reaction score
139
Damn that's a huggggge offer, congrats Mr. Stepp

Wiltfong also reported he wouldn't be surprised if Stepp looked around a little bit

This absolutely sux!!!! Really thought this kid was solid. Guess we will see.
 

BeauBenken

Shut up, Richard
Staff member
Messages
16,143
Reaction score
5,684
Guys, that sounded like an opinion of Wiltfong, not fact.
 

PANDFAN

Look Down
Messages
16,779
Reaction score
2,302
Thought he was in love with ND. Guess he's just in like.

Welcome to the world of the soft commit.

witlfong did state he was solid; HOWEVER being an early commit he wouldn't be surprised if he contemplates looking around
 

IRISHMAN

Well-known member
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
179
Markese isn't going anywhere but ND. Indy Cathedral kid. Not a slight worry. I like that he has offers from Georgia and LSU as it shows his talent level. Stepp is awesome. Reminds me of Jones Jr.
when I watched stepps film and saw his running style I thought he looked more like rashon powers neal or tony driver.
 

Sherm Sticky

The Prophet
Messages
19,336
Reaction score
1,649
when I watched stepps film and saw his running style I thought he looked more like rashon powers neal or tony driver.



He actually reminds me of of James Aldridge in high school, pre injuries.

I really like this kid and hope he sticks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Top