Who's Next? - 2023 Edition

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
Long post, but I listened to IB's Youtube show today with Bryan Driskell and Ryan Roberts.

-Jaden Greathouse really enjoyed his visit. With the smaller number of visitors he was able to have more 1-on-1 time with the staff. Ryan feels really good with where ND stands with him. The visit solidified that ND is his leader. His parents connected really well with the parents of the other commits.

-Jeremiyah Love connected really well with Coach McCullough. He's another player whose parents really value academics. He doesn't care where he plays as long as the team wins. It's not a slam dunk, but Ryan believes that ND is the leader. Staff still needs to close. He's close with Christian Gray since they're both STL kids and they've talked about ND.

-They feel really good with where things stand with Micah Bell. Strong chance that he will commit to ND at the end of the month.

-Jasiah Wagoner's visit went "extremely well." Their understanding is that ND made it clear to him that he's a take even if they land Gray, Bell, and Downs in the secondary. His HS coach told Ryan that Jasiah was "thrilled" to get a ND offer. He's a high academic kid and his father asked a lot of academic questions on his visit. The timeline of his decision is uncertain, not sure where he stands with the other schools (Cal, Oregon, OU, etc.).

-Charles Jagusah will be on campus through tonight. His mom really likes ND, and the staff feels they're in a really good spot. Ryan mentioned this is similar to Jason Moore where bringing mom on campus could likely seal the deal.

Bryan and Ryan also gave their confident level (1-10) on ND's uncommitted targets along with some rationale:

Jeremiyah Love: Ryan-7, Bryan-6
**Ryan is not sure what the timeline is. Bryan likes where ND is at but is being cautious.
Richard Young: Ryan-3 or 4, Bryan-4
**Ryan doesn't know what the next step is since Young doesn't do interviews. There is talk that he might want to come back in the fall for a game. IF that happens, then ND's chances go up. Bryan has also heard that there's a chance Young comes up for a game and agrees that ND's chances will go up if he drags it out until the fall. ND and UGA might not wait around as guys on their board will make decisions before the fall.
Ronan Hanafin: Ryan-10, Bryan-9+
Jaden Greathouse: Ryan-9, Bryan-9
Rico Flores: Ryan-8.5, Bryan-8
**They both want to see how the OSU visit goes. Bryan said he's a lot more confident after the visit, which went great, that ND can win even if OSU gives him the greenlight. His mom LOVES ND. OSU might push since Noah Rogers might be leaning towards NC State. Rico has connected really well with the ND commits.
Micah Tease: Ryan-6.5, Bryan-5
**He's a tough kid to read. They think it's a ND-USC battle and ND has a real shot. Bryan will feel better if Micah doesn't set a commitment date soon after his USC visit ends.
Charles Jagusah: Ryan-10, Bryan-9+
Monroe Freeling: Ryan-6.5, Bryan-5 or 6
**They didn't want to get into it, but there are some outside factors (not NIL) outside of ND's control, that they'll talk about at a later date, that have come up.
Jason Moore: Ryan-9, Bryan-7
**He's close with Coach Washington and his mom loves ND. Ryan thinks things are trending ND's way "big time." Bryan likes where ND is (a confident 7), but you can never count out OSU and he admits he still has some BK PTSD.
Jaiden Ausberry: Ryan-9.5, Bryan-9
**Things are trending really well here. LSU isn't a factor. Still hearing the same good vibes even after his A&M visit. His parents meshed really well with the parents of the other ND targets and ND commits during the visit.
Christian Gray: Ryan-10, Bryan-9
Micah Bell: Ryan-10, Bryan-9
Jasiah Wagoner: Ryan-5, Bryan-6
**Don't know the timeline and the recruitment is new.
Caleb Downs: Ryan-6, Bryan-5
**Ryan is cautiously optimistic. Bryan has a feeling that if he commits this summer it won't be ND. If he goes into the season uncommitted ND's chances will go up.
To me, these numbers are odd. I see anything over 5 as ND lean. 5 to me is 50/50. I was not aware Downs or Freeling were ND leans. I also thought Hanafin was just as high on Clemson. Perhaps something changed? 10 means committed in my mind.

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Long post, but I listened to IB's Youtube show today with Bryan Driskell and Ryan Roberts.

-Jaden Greathouse really enjoyed his visit. With the smaller number of visitors he was able to have more 1-on-1 time with the staff. Ryan feels really good with where ND stands with him. The visit solidified that ND is his leader. His parents connected really well with the parents of the other commits.

-Jeremiyah Love connected really well with Coach McCullough. He's another player whose parents really value academics. He doesn't care where he plays as long as the team wins. It's not a slam dunk, but Ryan believes that ND is the leader. Staff still needs to close. He's close with Christian Gray since they're both STL kids and they've talked about ND.

-They feel really good with where things stand with Micah Bell. Strong chance that he will commit to ND at the end of the month.

-Jasiah Wagoner's visit went "extremely well." Their understanding is that ND made it clear to him that he's a take even if they land Gray, Bell, and Downs in the secondary. His HS coach told Ryan that Jasiah was "thrilled" to get a ND offer. He's a high academic kid and his father asked a lot of academic questions on his visit. The timeline of his decision is uncertain, not sure where he stands with the other schools (Cal, Oregon, OU, etc.).

-Charles Jagusah will be on campus through tonight. His mom really likes ND, and the staff feels they're in a really good spot. Ryan mentioned this is similar to Jason Moore where bringing mom on campus could likely seal the deal.

Bryan and Ryan also gave their confident level (1-10) on ND's uncommitted targets along with some rationale:

Jeremiyah Love: Ryan-7, Bryan-6
**Ryan is not sure what the timeline is. Bryan likes where ND is at but is being cautious.
Richard Young: Ryan-3 or 4, Bryan-4
**Ryan doesn't know what the next step is since Young doesn't do interviews. There is talk that he might want to come back in the fall for a game. IF that happens, then ND's chances go up. Bryan has also heard that there's a chance Young comes up for a game and agrees that ND's chances will go up if he drags it out until the fall. ND and UGA might not wait around as guys on their board will make decisions before the fall.
Ronan Hanafin: Ryan-10, Bryan-9+
Jaden Greathouse: Ryan-9, Bryan-9
Rico Flores: Ryan-8.5, Bryan-8
**They both want to see how the OSU visit goes. Bryan said he's a lot more confident after the visit, which went great, that ND can win even if OSU gives him the greenlight. His mom LOVES ND. OSU might push since Noah Rogers might be leaning towards NC State. Rico has connected really well with the ND commits.
Micah Tease: Ryan-6.5, Bryan-5
**He's a tough kid to read. They think it's a ND-USC battle and ND has a real shot. Bryan will feel better if Micah doesn't set a commitment date soon after his USC visit ends.
Charles Jagusah: Ryan-10, Bryan-9+
Monroe Freeling: Ryan-6.5, Bryan-5 or 6
**They didn't want to get into it, but there are some outside factors (not NIL) outside of ND's control, that they'll talk about at a later date, that have come up.
Jason Moore: Ryan-9, Bryan-7
**He's close with Coach Washington and his mom loves ND. Ryan thinks things are trending ND's way "big time." Bryan likes where ND is (a confident 7), but you can never count out OSU and he admits he still has some BK PTSD.
Jaiden Ausberry: Ryan-9.5, Bryan-9
**Things are trending really well here. LSU isn't a factor. Still hearing the same good vibes even after his A&M visit. His parents meshed really well with the parents of the other ND targets and ND commits during the visit.
Christian Gray: Ryan-10, Bryan-9
Micah Bell: Ryan-10, Bryan-9
Jasiah Wagoner: Ryan-5, Bryan-6
**Don't know the timeline and the recruitment is new.
Caleb Downs: Ryan-6, Bryan-5
**Ryan is cautiously optimistic. Bryan has a feeling that if he commits this summer it won't be ND. If he goes into the season uncommitted ND's chances will go up.

Posts like these are why I can't justify paying for premium content.

Confidence in Ausberry especially is surprising

allenm5333

Reaction score
To me, these numbers are odd. I see anything over 5 as ND lean. 5 to me is 50/50. I was not aware Downs or Freeling were ND leans. I also thought Hanafin was just as high on Clemson. Perhaps something changed? 10 means committed in my mind.
For Driskall, 9= silent, 10= commit

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Posts like these are why I can't justify paying for premium content.

Confidence in Ausberry especially is surprising

If Ausberry were committing today, it would definitely be ND. I don’t think anyone has a concrete feel for who #2 in the race is. December timeline is probably why there isn’t as much buzz about him

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding Freeling Id almost bet it has to do with staying close to home or a girlfriend. Id expect him to be a Clemson if he succumbs to these outside pressures. Could also be this:

Mount Pleasant charter could face closure over questionable spending by for-profit manager
A high-performing charter school in Mount Pleasant faces potential closure over $1.8 million in questionable spending and its ties to side ventures by the for-profit business that runs it.

This could be Oceanside Collegiate Academy’s last academic year if its school board doesn’t sufficiently answer the questions, repay any taxpayer money found to be misspent, and take back its governing authority from the management company that controls its accounts and contracts, said the superintendent of Oceanside’s sponsoring school district, the Charter Institute at Erskine.
His school is not in good standing with the State and is currently having to under go a "CORRECTIVE ACTION PLAN" to remediate their very shady activities.

Last edited:

TheRealLynch51

Reaction score
Right. None of these are public at this time. Color me confused.
That's the way the game is now. Commit silently to a staff and spend the next few weeks getting your commitment ceremony/reveal ready in the mean time. Only issue is that doesn't go to plan all the time.

allenm5333

Reaction score
What the hell is the point of telling people 10 confidence if it means public commitment. Wouldn't we already know lol!?!
He once stated, and i am paraphrasing, "I will never give someone a 10, unless they are committed"

Dale

Reaction score
9=I know he is a silent and I am not announcing it until he does
10=He is committed and public. He would never give a 10 (see examples above)
There are multiple 10s. That’s why people are confused by the scoring assigned haha. You are saying for just Driskell, but it still comes off confusing that they work on different rubrics then

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Staff member
Reaction score
Message board guys trying to figure out who is committed:
1c74ef3ccb87d6fb8e00ed97136b6369.gif

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
I’m wondering all of this loses credibility based on the Downs comfort level score.

NDty9

Reaction score
There are multiple 10s. That’s why people are confused by the scoring assigned haha. You are saying for just Driskell, but it still comes off confusing that they work on different rubrics then
Yes, they both score on two different scales….. two different people.

Ryan gives 10’s because he’s going based on his feeling of the recruitment and how it MAY end.

Driskell is an arrogant curmudgeon who just needs to make a point of how he personally refuses to give a 10 to anyone, regardless of how confident he is that they’ll be ND. We get it pal… anything can happen (he also made SEVERAL comments of how he’s the boss and he pays Ryan ….. happens almost every show, he’s pathetic)

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score

Rizzophil

Reaction score
1. QB CJ Carr
2. RB Jayden Limar
3. RB Jeremiyah Love
4. WR Braylon James
5. WR Rico Flores
6. WR Jaden Greathouse
7. WR Ronan Hanafin
8. TE Cooper Flanagan
9. OL Sam Pendleton
10. OL Sullivan Absher
11. OL Joe Otting
12. OL Elijah Paige
13. OL Charles Jagusah
14. DT Devan Houstan
15. DE Keon Keeley
16. DE Brenan Vernon
17. DE Boubacar Traore
18. DE Jason Moore
19. LB Drayk Bowen
20. LB Preston Zinter
21. DE/LB Samuel M'Pemba
22. LB Jaiden Ausberry
23. CB Christian Gray
24. CB Jasiah Wagoner
24. CB Micah Bell
25. S Adon Shuler
26. S Peyton Bowen
27. S Caleb Downs

This look about right?
Like a bossssssss

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
1. QB CJ Carr
2. RB Jayden Limar
3. RB Jeremiyah Love
4. WR Braylon James
5. WR Rico Flores
6. WR Jaden Greathouse
7. WR Ronan Hanafin
8. TE Cooper Flanagan
9. OL Sam Pendleton
10. OL Sullivan Absher
11. OL Joe Otting
12. OL Elijah Paige
13. OL Charles Jagusah
14. DT Devan Houstan
15. DE Keon Keeley
16. DE Brenan Vernon
17. DE Boubacar Traore
18. DE Jason Moore
19. LB Drayk Bowen
20. LB Preston Zinter
21. DE/LB Samuel M'Pemba
22. LB Jaiden Ausberry
23. CB Christian Gray
24. CB Jasiah Wagoner
24. CB Micah Bell
25. S Adon Shuler
26. S Peyton Bowen
27. S Caleb Downs

This look about right?
IB guys said today they highly doubt CJ reclassifies. Ryan was very seriously doubting it will happen.

ND88

Reaction score
1. QB CJ Carr
2. RB Jayden Limar
3. RB Jeremiyah Love
4. WR Braylon James
5. WR Rico Flores
6. WR Jaden Greathouse
7. WR Ronan Hanafin
8. TE Cooper Flanagan
9. OL Sam Pendleton
10. OL Sullivan Absher
11. OL Joe Otting
12. OL Elijah Paige
13. OL Charles Jagusah
14. DT Devan Houstan
15. DE Keon Keeley
16. DE Brenan Vernon
17. DE Boubacar Traore
18. DE Jason Moore
19. LB Drayk Bowen
20. LB Preston Zinter
21. DE/LB Samuel M'Pemba
22. LB Jaiden Ausberry
23. CB Christian Gray
24. CB Jasiah Wagoner
24. CB Micah Bell
25. S Adon Shuler
26. S Peyton Bowen
27. S Caleb Downs

This look about right?
Great stuff. Thank you.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
1. QB CJ Carr
2. RB Jayden Limar
3. RB Jeremiyah Love
4. WR Braylon James
5. WR Rico Flores
6. WR Jaden Greathouse
7. WR Ronan Hanafin
8. TE Cooper Flanagan
9. OL Sam Pendleton
10. OL Sullivan Absher
11. OL Joe Otting
12. OL Elijah Paige
13. OL Charles Jagusah
14. DT Devan Houstan
15. DE Keon Keeley
16. DE Brenan Vernon
17. DE Boubacar Traore
18. DE Jason Moore
19. LB Drayk Bowen
20. LB Preston Zinter
21. DE/LB Samuel M'Pemba
22. LB Jaiden Ausberry
23. CB Christian Gray
24. CB Jasiah Wagoner
24. CB Micah Bell
25. S Adon Shuler
26. S Peyton Bowen
27. S Caleb Downs

This look about right?
This board might melt down if we get Caleb Downs as the cherry on top of this loaded class. That would've been a best class imaginable written down a year ago. (minus Tate but it's worthwhile trade if we end up with that class)

Domina Nostra

Reaction score
1. QB CJ Carr
2. RB Jayden Limar
3. RB Jeremiyah Love
4. WR Braylon James
5. WR Rico Flores
6. WR Jaden Greathouse
7. WR Ronan Hanafin
8. TE Cooper Flanagan
9. OL Sam Pendleton
10. OL Sullivan Absher
11. OL Joe Otting
12. OL Elijah Paige
13. OL Charles Jagusah
14. DT Devan Houstan
15. DE Keon Keeley
16. DE Brenan Vernon
17. DE Boubacar Traore
18. DE Jason Moore
19. LB Drayk Bowen
20. LB Preston Zinter
21. DE/LB Samuel M'Pemba
22. LB Jaiden Ausberry
23. CB Christian Gray
24. CB Jasiah Wagoner
24. CB Micah Bell
25. S Adon Shuler
26. S Peyton Bowen
27. S Caleb Downs

This look about right?

Carr is still '24. He might switch, but that is not the current plan.