Who's Next? - 2023 Edition

Reaper97

Reaction score
Brief but very positive update from Loy on Bell and Greathouse. Bell was expected but Greathouse, maybe not so much, after recent public comments.
Was Jagusah on campus yesterday?
Or did he just get there today?

NDBoiler

The Rep Machine
Reaction score
This is just such an exciting time to be a fan. ND leads for virtually every key top target being recruited. Amazing display of work being done by this staff.

Sea Turtle

Reaction score
This is just such an exciting time to be a fan. ND leads for virtually every key top target being recruited. Amazing display of work being done by this staff.
Yes it is. It's all making me feel very verklempt.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Jagusah left Michigan early to come to ND. He’s also leaving ND tomorrow.
That’s what Singer reported, but no one else has and the Michigan sites didn’t say anything about him leaving early.
So I haven’t seen any proof of it other than Singer randomly mentioning it.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
That’s what Singer reported, but no one else has and the Michigan sites didn’t say anything about him leaving early.
So I haven’t seen any proof of it other than Singer randomly mentioning it.

True. If he is was at mass with Harry as reported this morning though, safe bet he came in yesterday.

Reaper97

Reaction score
True. If he is was at mass with Harry as reported this morning though, safe bet he came in yesterday.
I’m hoping so for two reasons;

1) UM was the only tiny threat, and that would be over.
2) Just from a pure pettiness standpoint, I really want him to have left UM early to come to ND…

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that seems like a reasonable assumption. But I also think that Bell may have “officially” committed to the staff, in person. Since it’s his first time ever meeting most of them.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Loy just answered a question on the 247 message board about the "ninja" count (silents) ((didn't specify the class))

My best guess if it's a combination of the two classes: Ronan Hanafin, Charles Jagusah, Micah Bell, Christian Gray, Cam Williams, and Jack Larsen.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Loy just answered a question on the 247 message board about the "ninja" count (silents) ((didn't specify the class))

Driskell & Shaun Davis talked about how many commits by August and they came in around 7-8 between the two of them.
And said better a chance of more than 7 than less than 7.
This morning they are talking 8.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Long post, but I listened to IB's Youtube show today with Bryan Driskell and Ryan Roberts.

-Jaden Greathouse really enjoyed his visit. With the smaller number of visitors he was able to have more 1-on-1 time with the staff. Ryan feels really good with where ND stands with him. The visit solidified that ND is his leader. His parents connected really well with the parents of the other commits.

-Jeremiyah Love connected really well with Coach McCullough. He's another player whose parents really value academics. He doesn't care where he plays as long as the team wins. It's not a slam dunk, but Ryan believes that ND is the leader. Staff still needs to close. He's close with Christian Gray since they're both STL kids and they've talked about ND.

-They feel really good with where things stand with Micah Bell. Strong chance that he will commit to ND at the end of the month.

-Jasiah Wagoner's visit went "extremely well." Their understanding is that ND made it clear to him that he's a take even if they land Gray, Bell, and Downs in the secondary. His HS coach told Ryan that Jasiah was "thrilled" to get a ND offer. He's a high academic kid and his father asked a lot of academic questions on his visit. The timeline of his decision is uncertain, not sure where he stands with the other schools (Cal, Oregon, OU, etc.).

-Charles Jagusah will be on campus through tonight. His mom really likes ND, and the staff feels they're in a really good spot. Ryan mentioned this is similar to Jason Moore where bringing mom on campus could likely seal the deal.

Bryan and Ryan also gave their confident level (1-10) on ND's uncommitted targets along with some rationale:

Jeremiyah Love: Ryan-7, Bryan-6
**Ryan is not sure what the timeline is. Bryan likes where ND is at but is being cautious.
Richard Young: Ryan-3 or 4, Bryan-4
**Ryan doesn't know what the next step is since Young doesn't do interviews. There is talk that he might want to come back in the fall for a game. IF that happens, then ND's chances go up. Bryan has also heard that there's a chance Young comes up for a game and agrees that ND's chances will go up if he drags it out until the fall. ND and UGA might not wait around as guys on their board will make decisions before the fall.
Ronan Hanafin: Ryan-10, Bryan-9+
Jaden Greathouse: Ryan-9, Bryan-9
Rico Flores: Ryan-8.5, Bryan-8
**They both want to see how the OSU visit goes. Bryan said he's a lot more confident after the visit, which went great, that ND can win even if OSU gives him the greenlight. His mom LOVES ND. OSU might push since Noah Rogers might be leaning towards NC State. Rico has connected really well with the ND commits.
Micah Tease: Ryan-6.5, Bryan-5
**He's a tough kid to read. They think it's a ND-USC battle and ND has a real shot. Bryan will feel better if Micah doesn't set a commitment date soon after his USC visit ends.
Charles Jagusah: Ryan-10, Bryan-9+
Monroe Freeling: Ryan-6.5, Bryan-5 or 6
**They didn't want to get into it, but there are some outside factors (not NIL) outside of ND's control, that they'll talk about at a later date, that have come up.
Jason Moore: Ryan-9, Bryan-7
**He's close with Coach Washington and his mom loves ND. Ryan thinks things are trending ND's way "big time." Bryan likes where ND is (a confident 7), but you can never count out OSU and he admits he still has some BK PTSD.
Jaiden Ausberry: Ryan-9.5, Bryan-9
**Things are trending really well here. LSU isn't a factor. Still hearing the same good vibes even after his A&M visit. His parents meshed really well with the parents of the other ND targets and ND commits during the visit.
Christian Gray: Ryan-10, Bryan-9
Micah Bell: Ryan-10, Bryan-9
Jasiah Wagoner: Ryan-5, Bryan-6
**Don't know the timeline and the recruitment is new.
Caleb Downs: Ryan-6, Bryan-5
**Ryan is cautiously optimistic. Bryan has a feeling that if he commits this summer it won't be ND. If he goes into the season uncommitted ND's chances will go up.