What are you watching?

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
The Northman and The Witch are on my short list of movies to watch soon, but I'm with you on The Lighthouse. I can appreciate what they were going for and their execution, the cinematography was very good, and both actors did a good job (outstanding even), but I just didn't get a shiver up my leg from watching it. I didn't find enough depth and substance to the idea to base an entire movie's plot around it. They took what should've been a major storyline in a larger tale, and expanded it into the entire plot.
The Lighthouse is one of those movies I wouldn’t even bother watching at home unless you have a crazy setup. So much of the enjoyment of that movie was the cinematography, you just won’t get the same experience watching it on a iPad sitting on the shitter.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
The Lighthouse is one of those movies I wouldn’t even bother watching at home unless you have a crazy setup. So much of the enjoyment of that movie was the cinematography, you just won’t get the same experience watching it on a iPad sitting on the shitter.
Dunkirk is like this too

Irish2155

Reaction score
Watched it last night. Pretty decent. Don't want to spoil it, but the number of kids he's the biological father to is crazy. Got off with a slap on the wrist.

It’s crazy how there are so many so close to each other.

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
I just finished Our Father. Dang. He's a whack job... no pun intended. It's amazing how many kids he fathered and how callous he was about the whole thing. The woman whose parents were colleagues and friends of his and then he was her OB/GYN even though he knew she was his daughter. He's a disturbed, creepy asshole who deserved prison time.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
maybe a little off topic but what is going on with netflix because i was watching a podcast recently where they were saying that the company has lost over 200,000 subscribers over the last few months and are having to cancel some of the shows that they make. maybe people are just trying to save a few bucks like me i guess with gas and groceries be so high these days and watch free streaming services like tubi tv, pluto amongst many others
A lot more streaming options to chose from.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
It’s crazy how there are so many so close to each other.
I started laughing and thought "Holy Shit!" when they showed the map with the pins that represented each person. Over 100.

Second half of Ozark S4 is out. Need to watch the final two episodes, but it's setting up for a crazy ending.

Irish2155

Reaction score
I started laughing and thought "Holy Shit!" when they showed the map with the pins that represented each person. Over 100.

One of the sisters I saw was an IN hoop star. Won Miss Basketball I think (or at least a finalist) and went on to be one of PSU’s best three point shooters in school history.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
One of the sisters I saw was an IN hoop star. Won Miss Basketball I think (or at least a finalist) and went on to be one of PSU’s best three point shooters in school history.
Did you see he just lost three lawsuits? Total combined was a little over $1M. Should have been more IMO.

Rogue219

Reaction score
Starts Friday. Hopefully Amazon drops the whole season.

Thanks for posting. I have this in my watchlist now.

They dropped 8 episodes it appears. Going to try and finish before Stranger Things and Obi Won Kenobi drop in a week.

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
Better Call Saul's mid-season finale ended with quite a bang. Definitely delivered on surprise and twists and typical clever writing. I hate that this is the final season. This show started out really good and has only gotten better as it's gone along.

Rogue219

Reaction score
Better Call Saul's mid-season finale ended with quite a bang. Definitely delivered on surprise and twists and typical clever writing. I hate that this is the final season. This show started out really good and has only gotten better as it's gone along.
I'm watching it and am going to see it through until the end, but I am just not that into it. I'm not liking it as much as others are. Everything seems slow and drawn out. The first couple of seasons were so good.

This last episode, though, gives me some promise that this wraps up with a bit more action.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
It’s so good. Best show on TV right now by a mile. It’s criminal how little buzz it has generated compared to BB. BCS is like watching a masterclass in writing every single week.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score

Im sure as hell watching this. Most intense sports rivalry of my lifetime,… it beat Magic Bird, Any CFB rivalry, Yanks/ Sux… any of those

ACamp1900

Reaction score
just watched Stranger Things 4 episode 1,… okay, I’m a few years behind the kids in real life so while I felt some of the 80s nostalgia I never felt immersed in it,… until now. The NMoES stuff, the overall feel of schools and such,… much more nostalgic than before but I’m guessing bc ‘mid to late 80s’ is more my living experience. I liked that aspect a lot today. If you watch I was sad to see the death at the end tho,… although a perfect nod to the aforementioned film series.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
New season of Alone started last week. They dropped them off near a river in Labrador, Canada.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
I really didn't like the California storyline,... it seemed like they had backed themselves into a corner in terms of the kids being separated and just came up with nonsense to go along with the other coherent storylines... Will, Mike and Jonathan weren't even in the last episode and it feels like that's fine because their collective story line doesn't matter anyway.

They REALLY took the Byers bothers and made them completely irrelevant.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
I really didn't like the California storyline,... it seemed like they had backed themselves into a corner in terms of the kids being separated and just came up with nonsense to go along with the other coherent storylines... Will, Mike and Jonathan weren't even in the last episode and it feels like that's fine because their collective story line doesn't matter anyway.

They REALLY took the Byers bothers and made them completely irrelevant.

It wasn't the best, but I did like how they used 11's trials and tribulations at a new school as a sort of curveball to the bigger, badder things lurking around the corner.

And I honestly like Jonathan better in this season, despite his limited role, than I did in seasons past. He's much more likeable as a scorned lover that is also a stoner that is ALSO learning how to be a better older brother. Maybe that has something to do with Argyle, who is also extremely likable.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
Just finished the Ripper on Netflix,… it was okay but had numerous pretty frustrating aspects, a completely hamfisted investigation, the film makers just flew by a number of seemingly key elements, but another really frustrating aspect was the feminism sub plot. So there’s a serial killer on the loose targeting women alone at night and authorities state the fucking obvious, ‘we highly encourage women to go out in groups or not at all’ and a bunch of feminists respond with ‘we won’t be told by no men!!!’ and from the interviews many of them are still super bitter over it,… It really frustrated me,… just do the obvious thing and protect yourself!! ‘Nah, because a man told me to I’m gonna stay chillin on my own’ just wow

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
1. Peaky Blinders. My Italian grandmother was right....gypsies.

2. 30 for 30 Dream On. Don't know if it is their best work, but man, it's right up there for me.

3. Obi Wan Kenobi. I don't know about grooming, but Disney has made Darth Vader once twice three times a badass than he was in the late 70s and early 80s.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Caught up on The Boys Season 3.

The satire and dystopian narrative are at an all time high so far. It's pissing people off, which is interesting because if you didn't see what this show is in the first two seasons, you're clearly not at all paying attention. It's not a super hero show and it's been political for the go.

Fourth season appears to be coming.

Giancarlo Esposito is just good in everything.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Staff member
Reaction score
Caught up on The Boys Season 3.

The satire and dystopian narrative are at an all time high so far. It's pissing people off, which is interesting because if you didn't see what this show is in the first two seasons, you're clearly not at all paying attention. It's not a super hero show and it's been political for the go.

Fourth season appears to be coming.

Giancarlo Esposito is just good in everything.
The termite…. Lmaoooooo

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
I was watching in the basement and let out an "AH FUCK!" that had my wife yelling down making sure I was ok.

Homelander is just the ultimate bad guy. I shouldn't be surprised that people out there sympathize with him, but to think that character is a protagonist? Come on.

"Don't be a cunt" has become my mantra, because...Billy Butcher.

ND88

Reaction score
I’m only about 5 episodes into it, but The Bear (streaming on Hulu) is excellent. Great acting and unique casting. Well written, serious and funny without being saccharine, and something every person should see to be refreshed on the realities of evolving, working hard and with passion. Plus, if you like food, this has some dope insights. Good sh*t.