What are you watching?

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
They're at 23 days on Alone. Dude catches a beaver and thinks he's set for meat for a while. Guts, cleans and smokes it. Renders the fat and he thinks he's set for food and can concentrate on improving his shelter. Ends up tapping out the next day because he contracted giardia.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Thumbs up to The Man from Toronto with Kevin Hart and Woody Harrelson.

Thumbs down to Spiderhead with Chris Hemsworth.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
The Knick on HBO Max.

Three episodes in and it's incredibly good. My cousin finished both seasons and gave the recommendation.

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
The Knick on HBO Max.

Three episodes in and it's incredibly good. My cousin finished both seasons and gave the recommendation.
Earlier this year someone was raving about it in this thread and got me to watch it. It is indeed very good. Too bad it got canceled after only two seasons. It was one of the better shows on TV.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
Just finished Stranger Things 4,… it was okay but there were a few dumb character choices imo and one thing really stuck out… it was advertised as much scarier than the previous 3,… it wasn’t. The first episode was up there but it lost all momentum after that in terms of scares and never recovered. I’d honestly say it was the least scary season of the four. The thing that carried it was connection to the characters as established in previous seasons,… it was still good, but definitely ranks fourth in terms of enjoyability for me.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
Only halfway through the last episode, but I really think it’s the strongest season since the first.

While I’m just relaxing eating too much I threw ESB on Disney+ on. This version looks so much better than the Blu-ray its crazy. I need to get my hands on one of the fan made restorations.

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
I mentioned a couple of months ago that I found the blonde Viking witch Skade from The Last Kingdom especially hot. I mentioned that to my wife and she said, "Oh dear God! She can't act worth a flip!" I informed my wife that I didn't care and that her acting skills weren't a factor, to which she replied, "No, trust me. You're gonna need somebody who can act." I have no idea what she meant, but she thought it was funny.

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
I haven't watched Shoresy yet, but I like Letterkenny and Keeso. I'll try to watch it this week.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Just finished Stranger Things 4 and thought it was just as good as the rest, first two episodes were iffy for me but it ramped up after that and kept me locked in.
I love this series. There were a few to many plot arcs and
I didn’t like the crew being split up for the whole season
but it worked out in the end

ACamp1900

Reaction score
The Russian and Cali storylines kind of sucked imo

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Came home and the wife had a series on. Asked her what she's watching and she said she wasn't sure, but it's definitely for a younger crowd. I watched the rest of that episodes before turning the TV. It was Stranger Things. You kids, smh!

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
The Russian and Cali storylines kind of sucked imo
Too much back-and-forth with 11 and the west coast story. They could have condensed it, or given her more time to do meaningful things. They took too much time to set up "the stakes are high and we need a super hero"... we already know the stakes are high. The characters know the stakes are high. We are beyond that type of setup at this point. It did end up in a super badass place, though, I will say.

Russia was kind of the same way for me. The climax felt like a good payoff after somewhat of a slog. You knew how it would turn out, but it still felt good when it went down.

[Listens to nothing but Metallica for a week]

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Watched the first two episodes of "The Old Man" with Jeff Bridges. Very entertaining so far.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
[Listens to nothing but Metallica for a week]
Kate Bush is making more money now than she did in the 80s when her albums were out.

Metallica just gained exposure to the same audience directly from Eddie Munson, a newer but extremely popular character. They have to be happy.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Kate Bush is making more money now than she did in the 80s when her albums were out.

Metallica just gained exposure to the same audience directly from Eddie Munson, a newer but extremely popular character. They have to be happy.

543da4b1b200b92b94be2bb259664ae2b8db741e.gif

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
There have been some great moments in Stranger Things, but that scene is probably top for me.

Master of Puppets is the 6th most streamed song on Spotify right now. Number one...is Kate Bush.

goldandblue

Reaction score
Just watched Girl in the Picture on Netflix. Mind is still blown I think. Hope he dies a horribly slow and painful death.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
Just watched Girl in the Picture on Netflix. Mind is still blown I think. Hope he dies a horribly slow and painful death.
I started this but after like five minutes I turned it to Mindhunter,… I’ll have to go back to it

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score
currently watching “Terminal List” on Amazon. Based on a fictional book written by Navy Seal Jack Carr.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
Excited for Paper Girls on Amazon on the 29th. Could be their Stranger Things. Sci-fi instead of horror. The comic it’s based on is amazing.

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
I started this but after like five minutes I turned it to Mindhunter,… I’ll have to go back to it
The Girl In The Picture is really good. I had read about the case a few years ago, but this dives deeper into it. One twist after another and hard to believe it's all true, but it is.