Sept 3 | Ohio State

benneboy

Reaction score
I just don't see us stopping their receivers.

Will TB be able to read the defense or will he just bail out and get ran down by their super humans?
Super humans? This ain't Georgia's defense. One of the worst linebacker cores in the big ten. They have a few 5*'s on the D they are counting on taking the next step but so far it's been potential unrealized mixed with a bunch of underwhelming athletes.

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
To be fair, there was a lot of press talking about how bad Wimbush's accuracy was in their observations. So far we've not heard anything like that about Buchner. We'll see post practice today I guess. Dream scenario we hear the following:

1) Buchner is a faster Ian Book with a deep ball.
2) Merriweather is going to be an alpha sooner rather than later.
3) Estime is more than just a bodybuilder and looks like an RB1.

Agree mostly but he had a very poor elite 11 taking dead last if I’m not mistaken. Everyone keeps making excuses for him on that saying that he changed his throwing motion, but is that really the full reason he was bad and has he really fixed that?

Also, Book had a nice deep ball. I’m not sure Tyler does or not.

The Merriweather story is not being blown overboard. Everyone says it. I’ve not heard that much hype about a true freshman since like Manti.

Hammer Of The Gods

Reaction score
I don't know how old you are...but trust me....I've watched enough ND football and I should be a full blown alcoholic and on anti-depressants.

Week 1...at home...College Gameday...night game...playing Notre Dame...New DC...they will be super humans...if nothing else for this night only.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
I don't know how old you are...but trust me....I've watched enough ND football and I should be a full blown alcoholic and on anti-depressants.

Week 1...at home...College Gameday...night game...playing Notre Dame...New DC...they will be super humans...if nothing else for this night only.
I’ve watched enough to think of only two outcomes,… a complete pasting or a narrow, last second loss,… I’m super ready to be proven wrong

WilliamWallace

Active Member, Yes
Reaction score

Right! It’s going to be a fight, though I am growing more confident that our D will show up big. I think last year they probably blew off Oregon and got caught with their pants down. Day will have them in a different mindset this go round. Though it may not be enough!!!

WildMan1

Reaction score
F that.. Freeman isn’t soft. They’ll be ready.. Dude is a master motivator & clearly the players love him.

That pays 10 fold this year. We’re walkin out of Columbus 1-0 😉

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
Both D's will be playing under new DC's. Which D has picked up their new D will be the difference in this game.
archer-you.gif

Laker

Reaction score
While going to be a tough challenge, I think getting them week 1 is the best possible time for two main reasons.
  1. I don’t care how good or how experienced you are as a 20 or 21 year old QB, the first time you are live to get hit after 9 months off, it’s just different. I don’t expect their passing game to be humming week 1 even though Stroud is very good, JSN is incredible and the other couple receivers like Harrison Jr. are real nice too. Way better than getting them week 3 or 4 after they have a couple tune ups and have live reps.
  2. With a new DC, are they going to be hitting on all cylinders on that side of the ball as well? I know they’ve recruited real well up front with the three kids last year, but they got pushed around by Michigan and Oregon and with our OL and running game, we should be able to shorten the game with Buchner running and our backs. Realistically, Alt, Paterson and Fisher could all be top 5 players at their position this fall and assuming average play from Correll and Lugg/the RG spot, there is a good chance we are going to be as good as anyone on the OL this year.

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
I can throw a ball 55 yards. Any college QB can probably yeet the ball that far. Homeboy was not a fan of pushing the ball downfield. It is what it is.
Are you sure you can do that? Post a video. Also accuracy matters. I'm not sure Pyne can do that.

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
Ian wasn't a deep ball guy my man.
Once a game, or less, doesn't make you a dude.
Ian had plenty of other great qualities, but not a deep baller.
I agree. But someone said he "never" threw a deep ball. I was just giving some evidence that he was capable. I personally don't think Pyne is capable of throwing 55-60 yards on a dime. I've only found 1 example in all of Buchner's films where he did it once.

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
I agree. But someone said he "never" threw a deep ball. I was just giving some evidence that he was capable. I personally don't think Pyne is capable of throwing 55-60 yards on a dime. I've only found 1 example in all of Buchner's films where he did it once.
A little hyperbole doesn't hurt
"rarely" - is that better?

AgentJ

Reaction score
Does anybody have good Intel on day-of-game parking that is in a somewhat decent location for walking to stadium, solid tailgating atmosphere, drinking encouraged, music on, etc.? Hoping to find something in the ilk of our Golf Course lot.

I've searched high and low online and haven't found much. Seeing that a lot of day-of lots are full by 7-8am even for night games. And I'm just not sure where the best lots are, I could really use some help. Probably going to call tOSU themselves to inquire but hoping for some help here first.

dang227

Reaction score
This sucks but for work I have to go to a big NIL fundraiser for the Suckeyes. It's ten grand a table and I got invited and pretty much have to go. I guess I can spy on what they are doing in the NIL space

INLaw

Reaction score
This sucks but for work I have to go to a big NIL fundraiser for the Suckeyes. It's ten grand a table and I got invited and pretty much have to go. I guess I can spy on what they are doing in the NIL space
The term is conscientious objector. If it work for nam it’s gotta work for something this evil

Te'o4Heisman

Reaction score
Roll coverage to JSN and see if their other WRs can beat us. Play stingy up the middle and keep the running game lateral. Whip their ass up front and make stroud make quick decisions. This is the way.

T-Boone

Reaction score
Agree mostly but he had a very poor elite 11 taking dead last if I’m not mistaken. Everyone keeps making excuses for him on that saying that he changed his throwing motion, but is that really the full reason he was bad and has he really fixed that?

Also, Book had a nice deep ball. I’m not sure Tyler does or not.

The Merriweather story is not being blown overboard. Everyone says it. I’ve not heard that much hype about a true freshman since like Manti.

For real? What about Hamilton the hype was off the charts. Multiple picks each practice etc.

Rasputin

1869 - Present
Reaction score

Wear your best Notre Dame gear, from head to toe. Make your ringtone the ND fight song. Have your friends keep calling you during the speeches and then pretend to struggle to get your phone out of your pocket so the fight song plays for an uncomfortably long time with each call.

You'll ruin everyone's evening. Be the winner.

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
There should be a general 2022 season thread or at least threads for individual games in advance.

Just read that his will be UNC’s 4th straight top 20 recruiting class. I don’t expect that to be an easy game at all.