Oct 2 | Cincinnati

dang227

Reaction score
I was ticked. It’s the only weekend me and family can go and they were sold out. I even got into the queue before 6:00 pm. If anyone is looking to sell, I need 4. Thanks in advance!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
First game to be announced as a sellout, although there are some tickets available as part of a three game package. Why would Cincy move quicker than USC? Tickets are cheaper...more opponent fans buying may be a factor as well. Pretty easy road trip for them.

Tyler James shared a tweet about this; it's likely because it was a tier down price-wise from both USC and UNC., yet is likely to be a top 10 match-up. . Cincy is the highest ranked pre-season opponent on our schedule according to the AP.

I'm sure Cincy fans will travel well, but I highly doubt they have a following like UGA and can "take over" the stadium. I know plenty of ND fans that had this game high on their priority list, including myself.

Irish du Nord

Reaction score
First game to be announced as a sellout, although there are some tickets available as part of a three game package. Why would Cincy move quicker than USC? Tickets are cheaper...more opponent fans buying may be a factor as well. Pretty easy road trip for them.

In addition to all the points above, ND allotted 6,000 tickets in the upper deck specifically for the class of 2020. These tickets were sold even before the monogram window was open. This probably added to the haste of the sellout. I'll be going, and I know a ton of other people from my class who will as well. It's pretty nice of ND to set that up, I'm going to be seeing a ton of people for the first time since the pandemic hit.

calvegas04

Reaction score
I assume buying tickets outside of the stadium before the game is a thing of the past?

stpeteirish

Reaction score
In addition to all the points above, ND allotted 6,000 tickets in the upper deck specifically for the class of 2020. These tickets were sold even before the monogram window was open. This probably added to the haste of the sellout. I'll be going, and I know a ton of other people from my class who will as well. It's pretty nice of ND to set that up, I'm going to be seeing a ton of people for the first time since the pandemic hit.

great to hear, seems like 90% of the things I read on message boards about the ND admin are negative.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score

That's awesome! Enjoy the game and seeing your classmates.

I hope the spread is contained and the current plan to allow open tailgating remains in effect. I am looking forward to a full gameday experience for the Toledo game

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
I assume buying tickets outside of the stadium before the game is a thing of the past?

I don't think that's necessarily true; tickets are 100% mobile now but that doesn't mean scalpers won't be trying to sell you said mobile tickets.

I've had a lot of success buying tickets on the walk to the stadium about an hour before the game. I'd just be careful that you know for certain the tickets are legitimate; you might want to ask them to verify with their stubhub/vivid seats/seat geak etc. account history

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
He seems to do a decent job, but he seems super high on the entire G5. Enthusiast is an understatement.

I guess you can make an argument that the trip to SB is "winnable" as he calls it, but he doesn't really make any mention of how good ND has been/should be, our home winning streak, etc. It was just a fluff piece, IMO.

Cincy is going to be damn good. But they've got their work cut out for them in SB.

On a scale of 0 to Mike Gibson (Temple football dude on https://templefootballforever.wordpress.com/ that swore Temple would upset the Irish each time we played them) how would you rate this Cinci guy? :laugh:

This game is certainly winnable for them, I just enjoy it when people start getting heavy into the Kool Aide.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't wait till one loss Chilli Tech rolls into South Bend to collect their second L.

That's right, I said it!

Go Skins!

Love & Honor!

1579098176944599016.jpg

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Calling all IE'ers!
I'll be in South Bend as expected for this one. The family got a Joyce lot parking pass and should get there early for a good tailgating spot. We're not cooking out, but should have snacks and beer/drinks if anyone wants to stop by.

Expect to see condoms SUCk and arndtjc there at some point, we've tailgated in the past. Might be a few others. If anyone plans to be at the game and wants in on a group chat and stopping by for some beer send me a PM and I'll coordinate. We had a lot of fun when we did it for the Louisville game in 2019 and the group is still going strong.

[EDIT] Well, scratch this possibly. We may not be going now due to a family issue. I'll update when I know more.

Last edited:

dang227

Reaction score
I have a hotel but still looking for tickets. I will be there at all cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arndtjc

Jameson in my coffee
Reaction score
Calling all IE'ers!
I'll be in South Bend as expected for this one. The family got a Joyce lot parking pass and should get there early for a good tailgating spot. We're not cooking out, but should have snacks and beer/drinks if anyone wants to stop by.

Expect to see condoms SUCk and arndtjc there at some point, we've tailgated in the past. Might be a few others. If anyone plans to be at the game and wants in on a group chat and stopping by for some beer send me a PM and I'll coordinate. We had a lot of fun when we did it for the Louisville game in 2019 and the group is still going strong.

Bring Jameson :)

Dale

Reaction score
Opened as 2 pt dogs

Prediction: we close as favorites

ND88

Reaction score
How is their offense? I know nothing about this team other than that they have a strong defense.

AvesEvo

Reaction score
Are the bearcats running a new defense this year or did they promote from within to continue running Freeman's defense?

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
How is their offense? I know nothing about this team other than that they have a strong defense.

Based on what I've seen, Cincinnati's offense is not good.

It's hard to say, because they've only played 3 games and 2 of them were against cupcakes in Miami OH and Murray State.

Their game against Indiana though, Cincy's offense...I'll be frank, it looked awful, and they had every possible break go their way.

Indiana was already decimated by injuries on defense prior to the game, but the Hoosiers were dominating Ridder and Cincy's offense and were up 14-0 and forced a punt. Only for the refs to go back, review and then end up ejecting Indiana's best defensive player, LB Micah McFadden, for targeting (and it was an absolute shit call BTW).

That completely changed the momentum and made an already injury plagued Indiana defense that much more vulnerable. It basically killed them.

Prior to that targeting call, Cincinnati's offense had run 25 plays for a total of 30 yards and a pick. They were getting absolutely smothered. After losing McFadden, that gave them life and made Indiana so much easier to attack.

They also got help from Indiana's woeful offense turning the ball over and a kickoff return for a TD.

DONTH8

DefinitelynotCoachD
Reaction score
IrishLion I'm expecting an extensive scouting report of this team.

Also, some Skyline Chili that apparently isnt even chili.

Dale

Reaction score
In the fraudulent box score, offensively ND versus Wisconsin but also UC versus IU fit the bill.

Ridder was 20/36 for 210, 1/1 TD/INT. 5.8 YPP
Ford ran 20 times for 66. 3.3 YPC

They were 4/14 on third down.

How did they win? Ridder scrambled for a decent chunk and IU had 4 turnovers while going 3/6 in the Red Zone and losing All B1G LB McFadden. It was really looking like a 2 TD win for IU before that.

Their D is solid but not anywhere close to Wisconsin, though with potentially more talent in the secondary. They only got to Penix once and IU’s OL is not good.

I’ll toss UC a small bone and say they shot themselves in the foot at times with penalties and their own turnovers. But a lot of the penalties were false starts due to IU crowd noise, need the crowd to bring it.

Dale

Reaction score
That above being said, it’ll be the best QB we’ve faced. Also probably the best WRs, though not saying much besides Bell. On D it’s probably the best secondary we’ve faced.

My key would be of course, both OLs. NDs OL, enough said. NDs DL need to make it a long day for Ridder. Freeman and Elston didn’t have to let the pass rushing dogs lose this weekend, this week will be the time.