Oct 2 | Cincinnati

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
It's been funny to see all of these anti-ND, 'fuck BK' Bearcat fans suddenly pivot to "We REALLY need ND to win out! Go Irish!"

I love my Bearcats, but the fan and media collective is driving me insane this week lol.

No way, some of those fans were disrespectful, and I saw their WR do that jig in front of the student section at the end.

SCREW UC, TANK THE SEASON!

j/k, I hope we win out.

stpeteirish

Reaction score
Bearcats laid waste to Temple last night 52-3 in a game that was every bit as one sided as the score would indicate. Jerome Ford looked really good; maybe our run defense isn't too bad we held him in check pretty well. Temple's kind of a mid level AAC team that came in 3-2 and usually puts up a pretty good fight . Sure looks like Cincy's going 12-0

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Bearcats laid waste to Temple last night 52-3 in a game that was every bit as one sided as the score would indicate. Jerome Ford looked really good; maybe our run defense isn't too bad we held him in check pretty well. Temple's kind of a mid level AAC team that came in 3-2 and usually puts up a pretty good fight . Sure looks like Cincy's going 12-0

Normally I'd say Cinci would get punked out in the playoff by Alabama or Clemson, but Alabama isn't an automatic to get in now. If Georgia beats the Tide in the SEC championship game...and tOSU is one of the other teams...Cinci could make it interesting. I think they might be able to hang with either. I'm guessing Oklahoma will be the 4th. I'm also assuming tOSU knocks out both Iowa and scUM

Dale

Reaction score
Normally I'd say Cinci would get punked out in the playoff by Alabama or Clemson, but Alabama isn't an automatic to get in now. If Georgia beats the Tide in the SEC championship game...and tOSU is one of the other teams...Cinci could make it interesting. I think they might be able to hang with either. I'm guessing Oklahoma will be the 4th. I'm also assuming tOSU knocks out both Iowa and scUM

UC would not score an offensive TD vs Georgia. I’m extremely confident in that

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score

I dunno, they had a field day with our secondary. The hallmark of that Georgia defense is usually the run game. I certainly think an upset would be far fetched, but I also thought we'd never let Cincinnati win that game.

phillyirish

Reaction score

Rutgers beat Temple 61-14, so probably not the best measuring stick.

IRISHMAN

Reaction score

I can't decide if I want UC to lose a game and have the heartbreak of missing the playoffs or if I want them to go undefeated and get waxed by Georgia or bama.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
I can't decide if I want UC to lose a game and have the heartbreak of missing the playoffs or if I want them to go undefeated and get waxed by Georgia or bama.

I'm totally good with them making the playoff and whatever happens, happens... I would be cool with them somehow pulling a cinderella title, or getting completely crushed so everyone can lagh at someone else for once... if they drop a game this season, or go unbeaten and get left out I will be disappointed.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score

Im not extremely confident...just because it takes one broken coverage to get in the endzone. But in 10 games I bet they'd put a tuddie in about 3 or 4 games.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score

I would like them to make the playoffs and face Georgia or Alabama. My nightmare scenario is that they somehow luck into a first round matchup with a trash Oklahoma team and actually win that game.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score

I would prefer they don't lose a game solely because it looks better for us.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
I want Cinci to get absolutely crushed in the playoff so they can return to reality. I've seen fans talking trash still, and they were starting during their BYE week! How hard is it to get up for one game when you play an AAC schedule? Fuck 'em, Cinci - 0, Georgia 100. No way would I want them getting a Cinderella title this year, it would just reinforce the fact this is a weird year for CFB and if we would have benched Coan sooner in that game we could have made it ourselves.

Irishize

Reaction score
If we finish 11-1 Cincy will have had the best win in the country on paper.

That’s a huge IF. I’d wager 50/50 is best case scenario they win all six remaining games. Granted, in some of those games ND will have a 80-90% odds of winning but all six is a tough ask w/ the current state of the team.