2023 QB Cycle Cloudy Board

Jiggafini19Deux

The Pope of Greenwich Village
Reaction score
Long way until signing day 2024. Nobody’s “gotten” anything you can take to the bank given what’s currently going on in college football.
So they can still sign a QB in the 2023 class is what you're also saying?

Far out.

No, I get it. Tommy player, Tommy coach = bad.

Bluto

Reaction score
So they can still sign a QB in the 2023 class is what you're also saying?

Far out.

No, I get it. Tommy player, Tommy coach = bad.
Sure, but skepticism is absolutely justified.

Tommy the QB recruiter - evaluator - developer has been demonstrably bad.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Sure, but skepticism is absolutely justified.

Tommy the QB recruiter - evaluator - developer has been demonstrably bad.
No shit? I hadn't seen that opinion formulated by any posters on this particular board about him.

That point has been belabored in more threads and discussions here than it needs to be. He's got a thread dedicated to him and there isn't an Internet discipline here to contain the bile to the thread dedicated to the person where the bile is being spewed. It's everywhere. If I didn't know any better, it's like people can't wait to post in whatever thread they can find about what a poor job Tommy Rees is doing at virtually everything he is endeavoring.

So he has a very good 2024 QB verballed but for this he cannot receive any credit whatsoever. I completely understand now.

Dale

Reaction score
No shit? I hadn't seen that opinion formulated by any posters on this particular board about him.

That point has been belabored in more threads and discussions here than it needs to be. He's got a thread dedicated to him and there isn't an Internet discipline here to contain the bile to the thread dedicated to the person where the bile is being spewed. It's everywhere. If I didn't know any better, it's like people can't wait to post in whatever thread they can find about what a poor job Tommy Rees is doing at virtually everything he is endeavoring.

So he has a very good 2024 QB verballed but for this he cannot receive any credit whatsoever. I completely understand now.

There are some here that would rather CJ Carr decommit than actually sign here.

Never really understand the crowd that follows recruiting but hates 99% of it. Its like self-flagellation.

ColinKSU

I'm Colin NOT from Kansas
Reaction score
"We don’t have a OC and QB coach who can walk and chew gum at the same time when it comes to recruiting his position..."
Right. That’s what I said. That’s when you do two things at the same time. Like signing two QBs in one class, like the other poster suggested.

Three related questions: How many 2023 QBs does he have verbals from? How many 2024? How many times has Tommy signed two QBs in one class?

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Tommy does not feel the same about recruiting as MF does. This will be a problem moving forward
They may have slightly different philosophies, but this world in which Freeman is not intimately involved in our QB recruiting strategy, that it's all Tommy Rees (who everyone loves to hate) doing all the work and calling all the shots, seems like a fantasy world.

It's only the most important position on the roster, and the most competitive position to recruit. Freeman would be derelict in his duty as head coach to not be OKing everything Rees is doing. And I really really doubt that.

mango4

Reaction score
I’m 99.8 percent sure ND is still after guys for the 23 class. I’ve heard from a few people that ND has been in contact with a QB that hasn’t been mentioned here before but he is committed else where right now. Don’t think ND has offered but they have been talking to him.

knight2017

Reaction score
I’m 99.8 percent sure ND is still after guys for the 23 class. I’ve heard from a few people that ND has been in contact with a QB that hasn’t been mentioned here before but he is committed else where right now. Don’t think ND has offered but they have been talking to him.

Am I allowed to put in a guess? Brayden Dorman. Been committed to Arizona for a long time now. No ND offer, but if I remember correctly he camped at ND and has a relationship with the staff and Rees.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
Arch Manning obviously.

mango4

Reaction score
Am I allowed to put in a guess? Brayden Dorman. Been committed to Arizona for a long time now. No ND offer, but if I remember correctly he camped at ND and has a relationship with the staff and Rees.

Not the name I’ve heard.

Bluto

Reaction score

Well to circle back to the original conversation. You stated that Rees should get some sort of credit for getting a verbal commitment. Ok sure. Good job on possibly signing a highly rated recruit a year and a half from now.

I simply pointed out that a verbal commitment doesn’t amount to much given the current environment in college football and that skepticism revolving around QB recruiting in general be it 2023 or otherwise is justified. Not sure how that amounts to “spewing bile”: Hopefully Rees or Freeman or whomever puts in the work and fixes the problems at QB.
We shall see:

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Well to circle back to the original conversation. You stated that Rees should get some sort of credit for getting a verbal commitment. Ok sure. Good job on possibly signing a highly rated recruit a year and a half from now.

I simply pointed out that a verbal commitment doesn’t amount to much given the current environment in college football and that skepticism revolving around QB recruiting in general be it 2023 or otherwise is justified. Not sure how that amounts to “spewing bile”: Hopefully Rees or Freeman or whomever puts in the work and fixes the problems at QB.
We shall see:
I would assume that having Carr's verbal amounts to some level of putting in work, but the general tone out here is probably not, simply because.

StPaul_Irish

Reaction score

We shall see:

Tommy has been in charge of the QB room since 2017. If that doesn't put it into perspective, I don't know what will.

Like I said, I was/am a big Tommy fan both as a player and was really hopeful he would be a great coach/recruiter. I think the jury has rendered their verdict on both counts.

Free Manera

Reaction score
I would assume that having Carr's verbal amounts to some level of putting in work, but the general tone out here is probably not, simply because.
Yes but. We are at the point with Rees where it's show me. Show me you can sign a top QB. Show me you can develop a QB, like at all. Show me you can find a way to score points against bad teams by maximizing the team's strengths and minimizing the weaknesses. Show me you can effectively evaluate talent during the offseason and bring in the necessary transfers.

It's not year 1 for him, he has had lots of chances to impress. He is basically in Ben Koyack Potential territory right now.