2023 QB Cycle Cloudy Board

SoIll

Licensed to Ill
Reaction score
He also mentions it's a 3 star FWIW. Looking at the 3 stars that would make sense for ND:
Brady Drogosh
Marco Lainez
Grayson Loftis
Israel Carter
Pop Watson

No idea what the visit history is like
Can you share that thread please? Cant seem to find it.

Dale

Reaction score
The trend seems to be look West if you’re trying to guess new prospects. Lyons, Purchase, Jaeden Moore etc

West coast kids tend to decide later in the process.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
The trend seems to be look West if you’re trying to guess new prospects. Lyons, Purchase, Jaeden Moore etc

West coast kids tend to decide later in the process.
So pencil in Israel Carter as our 2025 starting QB then? Same HS as Javon McKinley, I believe, so he's got that going for him.

Dale

Reaction score
It sounds more likely than not it’s Carr. But you could throw a dart if you’re just guessing for fun and anyone who’s at a mediocre program (Aidan Chiles - Oregon State) or a disappointment in 2022 so far already (Lainez - Iowa) it’d think it’d be dumb not to check if you do like them.

Irishdrunk

Smartest Guy in the Room
Reaction score
I think ND needs to take the position of “No Sacred Cows” in the QB room. Even 2024 w Carr coming in - if there is a transfer or another HS QB worthy of being at ND the let them all compete.

Kelly for whatever reason is doing this at LSU and I like the depth they have in the QB Room now and going into next year.

ColinKSU

I'm Colin NOT from Kansas
Reaction score
Jaden Mickey's school for sure.

Against Mater Dei, he was 1 for 11 passing for -2 yards.

So surely he is our QB. :cautious:
Wildly inaccurate QB that we can easily get because we screwed up QB recruiting again and none of the good teams we aspire to be would be caught dead recruiting at that level, you say?

28C7FF9C-3F3B-4047-9A80-37F71AF3C647.jpeg

Dale

Reaction score
Lousiville’s NIL class is slipping with Owens and Moore visiting/still talking to others. I wonder if that means Clarkson will too:

Has an ND QB worked with Clarkson’s Pops in the past? Feel like one did but blanking.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
Lousiville’s NIL class is slipping with Owens and Moore visiting/still talking to others. I wonder if that means Clarkson will too:

Has an ND QB worked with Clarkson’s Pops in the past? Feel like one did but blanking.
Zaire lol

SoIll

Licensed to Ill
Reaction score

Mostly looking at NIL schools which Louisville is doing fairly well. We are not

Jiggafini19Deux

The Pope of Greenwich Village
Reaction score
He also mentions it's a 3 star FWIW. Looking at the 3 stars that would make sense for ND:
Brady Drogosh
Marco Lainez
Grayson Loftis
Israel Carter
Pop Watson

No idea what the visit history is like
If these guys are a touch better than "walk and chew gum at the same time", I'm fine with it. They need a QB in this class, Carr or not.

I'm honestly at the point of wanting a QB in here even if Carr reclassifies. Signing two by February is completely fine with me.

ColinKSU

I'm Colin NOT from Kansas
Reaction score
If these guys are a touch better than "walk and chew gum at the same time", I'm fine with it. They need a QB in this class, Carr or not.

I'm honestly at the point of wanting a QB in here even if Carr reclassifies. Signing two by February is completely fine with me.
We don’t have a OC and QB coach who can walk and chew gum at the same time when it comes to recruiting his position, so I doubt we’re getting two QBs. I don’t even think we end up with one.