2023 QB Cycle Cloudy Board

Dale

Reaction score
I personally would be full court pressing Arnold and pushing for that today unless Moore wants to decide soon after his HS season type soon.

317Irish

Grits are a$$
Reaction score
Offers

Arch Manning
Malachi Nelson - Committed to OU
Dante Moore
Nico Iameleava
Avery Johnson
Jackson Arnold
Chris Vizinna

Figured it was worth it’s own thread.

It seems consensus is gravitating towards ND leading for Johnson but not a take.

Arnold we may lead but OSU just offered as did UF and he has an Ole Miss offer. Big Texas schools haven’t come in, yet. Do not have good gauge from Rivals/247 where he lies on NDs board.

Vizinna obviously needs to gameday visit (was going to be offered upon visit) but sounds like we should have a good chance, he does have an Auburn offer I’d have to think that’s biggest threat and that list doesn’t stop where it’s at.

Dante a Midwest fight.

Nico idk I don’t see it but tough to gauge since he was off the board for so long.

So what’s y’all’s preferred combo if it’s 2? If it’s 1? Personal big board? Should we be pressing for someone soon? Very interesting cycle.

Agreed that should be an interesting one to follow. We really need to land a game changer here. It feels like we’re in the mix with more QB’s in this class than we have been in previous years. Glad you got this started.

Irishnuke

CFB Message Board Guy
Reaction score
I don’t we get two of the guys listed. If we snag one of these guys I think the second will be a lower 4 star or high 3 star kid.

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Based off Junior tape, I think Jackson Arnold has the "it" factor at QB that makes him a definite take today and one we should be damn happy with. The way he navigates pressure and throws on the run is so damn impressive.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
Could you imagine the NIL money Manning would make at ND?

Ndaccountant

Old Hoss
Reaction score
Outside of Avery, if/when one of them wants to commit, I hope we don't slow play for someone else. Any of the players are worth taking.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
Outside of Avery, if/when one of them wants to commit, I hope we don't slow play for someone else. Any of the players are worth taking.

Unless the staff is already planning on taking two in 23 I wouldn't be tripping over myself to accept commitments from Johnson or Vizinna.

They feel closer to Angeli than Nico/Moore/Manning.

ND88

Reaction score
Good thread. Can anyone do a very quick breakdown of what each of these prospectives have to offer ND? How are they technically similar/different from each other?

rtrn2glory

Reaction score
Could you imagine the NIL money Manning would make at ND?

Compared to everywhere else he's going to make millions? the dudes going to be find in that category. choose the best school for him, which I think will be Bama or Georgia imo

SoIll

Licensed to Ill
Reaction score
Nico >>>>>>>>> Arnold, Moore/Vizinna

I'm super high on Arnold. More than most. I am also not as high on Moore as others. Vizinna is super intriguing. I thought Nico would have more interest. All reviews was that he loved his visit. Been super quiet ever since. Also didn't line up that USC visit like he was supposed to. Would of been money to have him there that night.

SouthSideChiDomer

Reaction score
Nico >>>>>>>>> Arnold, Moore/Vizinna

I'm super high on Arnold. More than most. I am also not as high on Moore as others. Vizinna is super intriguing. I thought Nico would have more interest. All reviews was that he loved his visit. Been super quiet ever since. Also didn't line up that USC visit like he was supposed to. Would of been money to have him there that night.

For some reason, I feel like Nico isn't going to have a quick decision made and his recruitment might drag out. If that's the case, we can push for one of the other ones early and then if we miss, see if Avery still wants in or get another another one signed up while still going after Nico.

Dale

Reaction score
Good thread. Can anyone do a very quick breakdown of what each of these prospectives have to offer ND? How are they technically similar/different from each other?

Not sure I qualify to give that but I know Prister at II has done it on a handful of them. Arnold reminds me of if I had to make a lazy comp, Baker Mayfield. He has way more arm strength than any of the other shorter QBs we’ve recruited.

Dale

Reaction score
Both Loy and Singer made rather clear Dante Moore is top of the board statements today

SouthSideChiDomer

Reaction score
Both Loy and Singer made rather clear Dante Moore is top of the board statements today

Moore and Nico would be top of my board on talent, with Moore higher because of more shown interest. Both of them only have their sophomore film out, and I would take either of their sophomore films over the junior films of the others.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
I think whichever school ends up with Arch Manning is going to rue the day. He will come in with unreachable expectations, and the coach is going to get blamed for him being overrated.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Nico's stats thru 8G = 158/262 ... 2204 yds ... 13.9 ypc ... 60.3% ... 275 ypg ... 33 TD ... 1 Int ... 125 QBR

Dale

Reaction score
I think whichever school ends up with Arch Manning is going to rue the day. He will come in with unreachable expectations, and the coach is going to get blamed for him being overrated.

All of his contenders besides Ole Miss and Texas expect to win the Natty and have a Round 1 type QB regardless. Texas would be a powder keg. Probably gets Sark a massive extension, contract, everything or gets him fired.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
Moore and Nico would be top of my board on talent, with Moore higher because of more shown interest. Both of them only have their sophomore film out, and I would take either of their sophomore films over the junior films of the others.

I agree they are 1A and 1B for me. In a vacuum I guess I'd go Nico. Bigger frame and better wheels. A 6'6" QB after what we've had the last several years seems unthinkable. He will really need to bulk up though. He sort of reminds me of Kaep.

Moore is great too. Kind of a wonky flat footed delivery. Almost makes his ceiling seem higher though, he can make every throw right now and he's only muscling stuff. If you get his whole ass behind his throws he could really have a cannon.

rtrn2glory

Reaction score

Unless he actually is as good as they're claiming him to be?

But you're right the likelihood of your scenario would be uncomfortably high. Reminds me of Jimmy coming into South Bend with Charlie. He was good, but not good enough.

BrownerandFry

Banned
Reaction score

perhaps, perhaps not.

There will be such a buzz and expectations that the added value in getting
visits
recruits
Transfers may well provide benefits which outweigh the risks.
And it will be a powerful NIL asset
Peyton has a massive ad portfolio, Eli a lesser one, and they both have that gig on Monday night.
They can press a lot of levers to help Eli get NIL dollars (unneeded) but deliver NIL dollars in high volume to people who jump on the Manning train.
The Mannings are no longer a family of football players. They are a sports/advertising NIL conglomerate.

The greatest sale of a soul EVER was Hoosier StevieBoy Alford, who trashed Wooden's legacy when he sucked up to the BAll family

that was the ultimate whoredom and pandering. And exactly what did it do for Stevie?

Dale

Reaction score

National take. This guy thinks Nico pops first amongst big QBs.

Rashada would seemingly be wide open if Nico were to surprise and choose Oregon. Definitely should be team Nico to Alabama though.

chisea03

Reaction score

National take. This guy thinks Nico pops first amongst big QBs.

Rashada would seemingly be wide open if Nico were to surprise and choose Oregon. Definitely should be team Nico to Alabama though.

I see
- Lonergan, OSU
- Moore, ND
- Nico, Bama
- CV, Clemson
- Avery, Arkansas
-

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Is OSU pushing for Dante Moore? Lonergan is almost certainly a top 100 talent but a step down from Moore.

Doesn't really matter since they have 5 stars Kyle McCord & Devin Brown behind Stroud.

Dale

Reaction score
Jadyn Davis might reclassify is rumored to be their #1 want for 2023

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Nico got a CB to Oregon by Wiltfong yesterday. Would set off some interesting developments if Bama doesn’t get Arch either.
If Nico goes to Oregon and Arch goes to, say, Texas, why wouldn't Bama simply call Mr. Chris Vizzina of Birmingham?

chisea03

Reaction score
This is 100% my guess... The Manning's want the school most capable of preparing Archie best for the NFL. With that logic, I'd guess Texas or Bama. I pick Texas

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
If Nico goes to Oregon and Arch goes to, say, Texas, why wouldn't Bama simply call Mr. Chris Vizzina of Birmingham?

Someone said Bama has already offered like 8 QBs this cycle. So CV would presumably be their plan Z.