2023 QB Cycle Cloudy Board

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
If Carr reclassifies I just hope they don't let up in the 2024 class and end up with someone who can't really play. They badly need to stack up talent in the QB room. They can't assume that Carr will pan out.
Fairly confident that is why they are having multiple QBs visit -- they are not giving up at the position for '24.
If Carr stays in the 2024 class, they're going to need a transfer for sure.

Long way to go until February and plenty can happen, but at this point I'm not holding my breath for any surprises. Good ones anyway.

Something needs to change moving forward.
I'd argue a xfer is needed regardless, if this year was a lesson learned in any way...

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Fairly confident that is why they are having multiple QBs visit -- they are not giving up at the position for '24.

I'd argue a xfer is needed regardless, if this year was a lesson learned in any way...
Sorry if I missed it, but is there a list of QB's who are visiting?

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Yes I have seen this posted multiple times now but no one has said who the QBs are. Who is visiting?

benneboy

Reaction score
Yes I have seen this posted multiple times now but no one has said who the QBs are. Who is visiting?
I assume that's because either a) one or both of the recruits are committed elsewhere or b) it's premium site info and this is the first time in ie history that info hasn't slipped.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
I assume that's because either a) one or both of the recruits are committed elsewhere or b) it's premium site info and this is the first time in ie history that info hasn't slipped.

They don't need to share who, but at least cite the source. I haven't seen it on II, ISD, or B&G. I've only seen it mentioned here.

Dale

Reaction score
I’m not aware of any 2024 QBs visiting. I wouldn’t expect so until Carr reclassifies, if he does so.

StPaul_Irish

Reaction score
I want a JT Daniels type. That would have made such a huge difference in the last 2 games. You know he'd have loved to be at ND. I do hope they take the portal seriously and come to grips with the fact that Buchner is one hit away from being done for the season again. We don't even know if he has potential and he's injury prone. There is no option other than portal barring some earth shattering flip of a 5 star 2023 QB, or if they can convince CJ not only to reclassify, but that he will start as a true freshman. I doubt either of those things happen, so portal or bust imo. The question becomes, will they go big or just get a crap portal kid.

1) Even if they go Portal, it's likely CJ starts as a True Frosh in 24 anyway. He will just be a year older

2) For a 1 year rental? Shoot for the moon

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
1) Even if they go Portal, it's likely CJ starts as a True Frosh in 24 anyway. He will just be a year older

2) For a 1 year rental? Shoot for the moon
I doubt CJ would beat out a grad transfer Slovis or Daniels talent as a true freshman. If he did, he'd likely be the top overall draft pick in 2027.

Dale

Reaction score
If Carr reclassifies the instant conversation I can tell you now will be this:

- Is Julian Sayin a waste of time

- Are they moving fast enough on Ryan Puglisi

BleedBlueGold

Reaction score
Are we sure any 2023 is a take at this point? I mean, we know Tommy doesn't like to hurt feelings and upset guys in his QB room.

StPaul_Irish

Reaction score
Ive been a heavy Tommy supporter, but there is no excuse for his lack of recruiting.

I am of the opinion now that we need a proven recruiter/play caller w/ proven ability to develop a Qb.

Would any other school let this slide? How is it we are so mixed up with QBs? It just doesn't compute.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Ive been a heavy Tommy supporter, but there is no excuse for his lack of recruiting.

I am of the opinion now that we need a proven recruiter/play caller w/ proven ability to develop a Qb.

Would any other school let this slide? How is it we are so mixed up with QBs? It just doesn't compute.
Nepotism is a cancer.

Dale

Reaction score
Puglisi is also older for his class since he reclassified.

16 year old JR seems pretty normal. If he was a 16 year old senior rn that’d be young unless he’s turning 17 soon

Last edited:

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
We need Carr to reclassify, b/c at this point it appears we have zero momentum with any '23 QBs, and time is running short.

We need to then go get another high-four/five star QB for '24. No more of this alternating studs and red hats bullshit. (do the backups still wear red hats?)

We need to take a grad transfer in the spring as a one-year rental, because Carr shouldn't be starting the Ohio State game next season. That's nuts.

We need Angeli to show he's a capable backup, and/or Pyne to swallow hard and stick around another year even though we'll (again) be recruiting over him.

And we need Buchner to come back healthy and willing/able to compete for the starting job next year, because he is actually pretty talented and tough and the bird in the hand is always better.

We need all of it, if we hope to fix this omnishambles of a quarterback pipeline. We probably need a new OC/QB coach too, which doesn't make all of the above any simpler.

ColinKSU

I'm Colin NOT from Kansas
Reaction score

Didn’t do anything to deserve the job, hasn’t done anything to keep it.

Irish4life

Reaction score
Loy did mention that there's a QB NDs looking at and likes, that he doesn't have the green light to share (yet). Says it seems like they want Carr to reclassify to 23.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
For what it’s worth I know some people connected to Saline football and word is they suspect CJ is playing his last year of football in high school right now.

Last edited:

NDMatt91

Reaction score
I just hope that one of our other commits will replace CJ as the recruiter in the 2024 class if he were to reclassify. That's the biggest reason I want him to stay put, especially since this season likely will be worse than what we thought it would be.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
I just hope that one of our other commits will replace CJ as the recruiter in the 2024 class if he were to reclassify. That's the biggest reason I want him to stay put, especially since this season likely will be worse than what we thought it would be.

I think the ‘24 kids see him as a glorified ‘24 regardless. He’s already gotten notoriety for ‘24 and has a relationship with them. Only difference would be that he’ll be a year advanced when he throws the ball to them now. Not a bad thing.

I suspect he’s taking his time announcing a decision for that reason. Why rush it. Be a ‘24 kid until you absolutely have to be a ‘23 kid.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
I think the ‘24 kids see him as a glorified ‘24 regardless. He’s already gotten notoriety for ‘24 and has a relationship with them. Only difference would be that he’ll be a year advanced when he throws the ball to them now. Not a bad thing.

I suspect he’s taking his time announcing a decision for that reason. Why rush it. Be a ‘24 kid until you absolutely have to be a ‘23 kid.
i think for his own development reclassifying to 2023 makes zero sense

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Loy did mention that there's a QB NDs looking at and likes, that he doesn't have the green light to share (yet). Says it seems like they want Carr to reclassify to 23.
He also mentions it's a 3 star FWIW. Looking at the 3 stars that would make sense for ND:
Brady Drogosh
Marco Lainez
Grayson Loftis
Israel Carter
Pop Watson

No idea what the visit history is like

Last edited: