What video game are you playing?

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
That sounds absolutely awesome. Warhammer isn't Total War's problem, it's the monetization strategy. The level of army/unit diversity is great in the Warhammer games. 40K is sick though I'm very curious how they handle the fact that most 40K battle lore is done with ranged weapons and spaceships.
we want Medi 3 lol

DONTH8

Definitely not Coach BD
Reaction score
FVII Rebirth grind starts tonight for those of us who are still teenagers tapped in adult bodies.

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score

Jumped into this a few days ago with a buddy. Played the original game on PS4 and it was pretty good. So far this version looks to be even better. There's lots of team killing, usually inadvertently, but that's the price of democracy as they say :laugh: You'll call in for ammo and supplies, and some random you're playing with will be standing right on the drop zone and get exploded. It's hilarious. The missions are good fun, lots of great action.

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
I meant to post about this other game recently, Enshrouded. My brother gifted it to me for Christmas. It's a little survival/crafting game that was just released. It's still technically Early Access as they're adding to it, but it's not a bad little game. It's similar to Valheim (Which I didn't care for) and Breath of the Wild. It's better than Valheim though. The crafting is good, there's a unique system where you have to rescue crafters and they hang out at your base where you do quests for them to unlock stuff. I said it's like Breath of the Wild, but mostly because it has short little dungeons with some puzzles, plus you do a lot of gliding around from high places. The combat is pretty basic, there's a big tree for unlocking things and adding to your stats. You can do sword and board, 2 handers, bow and arrow, or wands/staves with magic. There's a bit of lore to follow if you're into that sort of thing, I skipped a lot of it though. There's not a lot of story to follow, but there is a loose plot of sorts as you're doing quests. Overall it was fun, you can pretty much knock out most of the game as it is right now in ~60 hours.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
Jumped into this a few days ago with a buddy. Played the original game on PS4 and it was pretty good. So far this version looks to be even better. There's lots of team killing, usually inadvertently, but that's the price of democracy as they say :laugh: You'll call in for ammo and supplies, and some random you're playing with will be standing right on the drop zone and get exploded. It's hilarious. The missions are good fun, lots of great action.
i know they are had a lot of issues with folks waiting to get into servers. is it much better this week? i havent made the jump yet

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score

John Cena's Peacemaker is in Mortal Kombat now, hes actually gotten decent praise for this voice acting

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Got Helldivers this morning. I really haven't played any shooters besides COD in years so I am pretty excited for this change up. Will report back later.

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
i cant forgive them for switching away from turn based battle system to the Devil May Cry button smash every game does now
100% this. It's sad they put in some half assed "Turn Based" option, but it was tied to Easy difficulty. Just a slap in the face to long time fans. I Platinumed the first game and then uninstalled, hate the button mashing. They're coddling the ADHD Western audience that loses interest in games unless they're mashing that Square button 10,000 times a fight. I'm thinking of waiting till they release a "Greatest Hits" with the entire FF7 story rather than buying each installment for $60-70 each.

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
I love the memes

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
Anyone that wants to help spread managed democracy on Helldivers, my Steam is ulukinatme. I also play with buddies that have it on PS5, just let me know and I can friend request you. I'm Level 23 currently, I'm mostly doing Hard/Suicide difficulty but I do drop down or go up. I'm cleared all the way up to Helldiver difficulty, but I've been getting my ass kicked a lot on Impossible still :laugh:

calvegas04

Reaction score
Anyone that wants to help spread managed democracy on Helldivers, my Steam is ulukinatme. I also play with buddies that have it on PS5, just let me know and I can friend request you. I'm Level 23 currently, I'm mostly doing Hard/Suicide difficulty but I do drop down or go up. I'm cleared all the way up to Helldiver difficulty, but I've been getting my ass kicked a lot on Impossible still :laugh:
Is there any benefits of playing on higher difficulty?

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
Is there any benefits of playing on higher difficulty?
On the mid level difficulties there are new, Rare Samples that are available. They allow you to unlock passive bonuses to your Strategems. On the higher difficulties that are even rarer Purple Samples that do the same, but I have yet to survive a mission where I've acquired any of those lol.
Also, on Medium difficulty and up you gain an extra 25% to your Requisition/Cash and XP per difficulty. So 25% bonus at Medium, 50% bonus on Challenging, 75% bonus on Hard, etc. Obviously they start throwing tougher enemies at you, and they start throwing more at you the higher you go. The enemies don't really have more health or hit harder, there's just more of them. On Challenging difficulty and above you start getting regular Chargers when fighting bugs, and on Hard difficulty you start getting Bile Titans.
Aside from that, you get more Medals per mission the higher you go, and in later difficulties you can do 2-3 missions in a series to get increased Medals for completing all missions in the series.

Right now I feel like Challenging and Hard difficulties are my bread and butter, but I'm trying to push into Suicide and above for those unique Purple Samples so I can unlock the passive bonuses for Strategems.

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
Good info on the Super Samples. Got my first batch last night after a fellow Helldiver clued me in, didn't realize they spawn around a specific biome/landmark unlike the other samples which can show up anywhere.

Here's another that helps tracking down the location on the map

Last edited:

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
These are pretty good.

Last edited:

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
I posted this in the RIP thread, but famous artist Akira Toriyama passed away. He's most well known for creating Dragonball Z, but he was also the art direction behind the popular game series Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior, as well as the legendary Chrono Trigger.

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score

On a related note (Not the virgin part, just referencing Dragon's Dogma 2 :laugh: I am so damned pumped for this game. The first had amazing combat that was innovative and interactive. It wasn't just button mashing like modern ARPGs have been. You could grapple onto Dragons and Cyclops, rending their squishy weak parts like eyes and hearts. All combat classes were viable, and the Pawn system was actually helpful and unique. The story was decent, and the world was immersive. Capcom does so well when they put out RPGs, I wish they would do them more often.

Ian77

Reaction score
On a related note (Not the virgin part, just referencing Dragon's Dogma 2 :laugh: I am so damned pumped for this game. The first had amazing combat that was innovative and interactive. It wasn't just button mashing like modern ARPGs have been. You could grapple onto Dragons and Cyclops, rending their squishy weak parts like eyes and hearts. All combat classes were viable, and the Pawn system was actually helpful and unique. The story was decent, and the world was immersive. Capcom does so well when they put out RPGs, I wish they would do them more often.

I'm seeing previews comparing it to Elden Ring in terms of its potential as GOTY. I didn't really get into DD 1, but this one really has my attention. It might even pull me away from Helldivers 2.

NDFAN420

Reaction score
Is that your Nexus handle as well?

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
I'm seeing previews comparing it to Elden Ring in terms of its potential as GOTY. I didn't really get into DD 1, but this one really has my attention. It might even pull me away from Helldivers 2.
I'm Level 32 in Helldivers currently. I'm hoping to have Level 50 and everything unlocked (Other than future Warbond releases obviously) by the time DD2 comes out.

If you've never played the first game it's currently on sale for $4.79 on Steam. It is completely worth it at that price, even if it turns out you don't like it. I haven't fired it up in a year or so, but if you're friends with people on Steam you should be able to still take their Pawns with you as companions (Once you reach that part of the story). Just let me know and I can friend request you if you're interested.