Police State USA

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score
Domestic abuser and he went right for a gun right when he got out. Lovely.

Utterly senseless and tragic. He wasn't jaywalking FFS.

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
Portland is 100% controlled by Democrats in a county controlled by Democrats in a state controlled by Democrats. And they wonder why we don't want them running the country or our schools. They have this idea that if they could just run things, be in power, enact their agenda, and do it all without interference, Utopia would be the result. No, Portland, Seattle, Detroit, Chicago, and Baltimore are the result.

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
Republican candidate for Governor is leading in the polls. Last time Oregon elected a Republican Governor was like 1982.

sixstar

Reaction score
I wonder what happened offscreen that made the dog engage. Time will tell.

I don't envy law enforcement. They have to make split second decisions in dangerous situations with limited information and typically in very hostile environments surrounded by criminals, then live with the consequences if they were wrong. All the while, a large section of the US population actively roots against them.

Domina Nostra

Reaction score

I don't envy law enforcement. They have to make split second decisions in dangerous situations with limited information and typically in very hostile environments surrounded by criminals, then live with the consequences if they were wrong. All the while, a large section of the US population actively roots against them.

And the worse it gets for them, the worse the applicant quality will get...

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score

Well, this story is different from the usual narrative. Five Memphis police officers have been fired following the arrest and subsequent death of a 29-year-old black motorist who was stopped for reckless driving and then attempted to flee the scene on foot. This took place on Jan. 7th and the victim died in the hospital 3 days later. The assertion from the victim's family is that the officers assaulted him and failed to render aid or call for medical assistance in a timely manner. A city councilman has said he's been told that the body cam footage of the arrest is damning and disgusting. I'm not making light of this event at all, as it's certainly a tragedy for all concerned. Just pointing out that the usual narrative is white officers looking for an excuse to abuse black citizens. Below are pics of the five Memphis officers who've now been fired for their part in this and are probably going to face criminal charges.

1674543874517.png

irishff1014

Reaction score

Well, this story is different from the usual narrative. Five Memphis police officers have been fired following the arrest and subsequent death of a 29-year-old black motorist who was stopped for reckless driving and then attempted to flee the scene on foot. This took place on Jan. 7th and the victim died in the hospital 3 days later. The assertion from the victim's family is that the officers assaulted him and failed to render aid or call for medical assistance in a timely manner. A city councilman has said he's been told that the body cam footage of the arrest is damning and disgusting. I'm not making light of this event at all, as it's certainly a tragedy for all concerned. Just pointing out that the usual narrative is white officers looking for an excuse to abuse black citizens. Below are pics of the five Memphis officers who've now been fired for their part in this and are probably going to face criminal charges.

View attachment 3052655

And it’s not on the front page of every media outlet In America.

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score

ndfanatic78

Reaction score

View attachment 3052655
You obviously never listened to Ice Cube's song Fuck the Police while he was with NWA. Specific lyric about black cops showing out for the white cops. The establishment media narrative is to divide. Cops will fuck up a poor white person too with very little media attention because it doesn't fit their narrative of white vs black when we should be looking at it as elite vs everyone else.

Edit: Damn I should have never opened this thread.

Last edited:

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score

Yup. I was in Memphis yesterday & told to GTFO before that video was released today. It was heartbreaking and I ache for that kid’s family. I had to get off Twitter b/c all the outlets can’t resist in drawing conclusions beyond the obvious wrongdoing of the cops. What I mean is I don’t think we know if this was endemic of the Memphis PD or a rogue unit that took advantage of their authority. May that young man RIP.

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
Yeah, there's nothing good or acceptable about this. This is an explanation, NOT an excuse. Cops deal with so much asshattery, buffoons, stupidity, threats to themselves, and dealing with total jackals, that I think that some of them just become overwhelmed and frustrated, and boil over. And you then get something like this. I realize the victim here ran and resisted, but the cops' reaction was WAY overblown in response.

Polish Leppy 22

Reaction score
1) What happened was awful and the cops have been charged. Hopefully they get what they deserve.

2) Destroying cities/ public property doesn't help the situation or bring justice to the man's family. Hoping we don't get dozens of "mostly peaceful protests" this weekend.