- 20/39 for 252 yards, 3 TD/0 INT
#13 2021 Baylor
- 9/18 for 142 yards, 0 TD/2 INTs
#19 2021 Iowa St
- 8/18 for 87 yards, 1 TD/1 INT
And he had his starting RB in most of those starts

irishff1014

Reaction score
I think we'll see a hybrid offense of UNC and Clemson against USC. I don't know that we will pass as much as we did against UNC but i think you'll see us pass more than we did against Clemson. Of course we will run the ball more then we will pass it. But i have a feeling that we'll see some plays that we haven't seen yet. And right now it looks to be a beautiful day for a football game. Not as good as last Saturday though. lol

Te'o4Heisman

Reaction score
I think we'll see a hybrid offense of UNC and Clemson against USC. I don't know that we will pass as much as we did against UNC but i think you'll see us pass more than we did against Clemson. Of course we will run the ball more then we will pass it. But i have a feeling that we'll see some plays that we haven't seen yet. And right now it looks to be a beautiful day for a football game. Not as good as last Saturday though. lol
Whatever they did to you last weekend in South you need to share it. You’ve been a completely changed man ever since and its awesome. Cheers!

tko

I am Legend
Reaction score
Weather the hype storm early, especially from Coach Towel Waver on the SC sideline.

condoms SUCk

Varsity Club Member
Reaction score
SC is on fall break...no students. I'm courious to see how many ND fans make the trip out west.

irishff1014

Reaction score
Whatever they did to you last weekend in South you need to share it. You’ve been a completely changed man ever since and its awesome. Cheers!

I am just trying to read things and looks at things different. Instead of looking at just the surface of things trying see the whole picture.

That campus is special. I have read on here things other people have said and i can actually see it. I was stoked about going to the game and seeing the campus. There's no way to put ND into words. You literally have to experience it for yourself and it'll blow your mind.

Last edited:

irishff1014

Reaction score

I didn't know where else to put this. I am still new to listening to this show but this one IMO is very good one.

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
I feel like after watching the USC game that if their QB starts bad he will end bad. He seems like a front runner. Hit him early.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
I take some solace in the fact that USC has yet to face a good defense that can get after the passer and cover sufficiently.

Oregon State seems to play quality base defense but they are one of the worst in terms of getting to the QB.

Utah is good at getting after the QB, but I'm not sold on their pass defense.

ND has been able to do both sufficiently when they're on their game. Another major test for MF to have this team mentally dialed in from the jump and all game.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
SC is on fall break...no students. I'm courious to see how many ND fans make the trip out west.
IIRC LA has the largest ND Alumni club and ND fans usually attend in decent numbers when the Irish play there. Given this is MF's first year and the current momentum, we could see more.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
I feel like after watching the USC game that if their QB starts bad he will end bad. He seems like a front runner. Hit him early.
From what I read, he excels at throwing while scrambling, so keeping him in the pocket while getting pressure is going to be big.
I take some solace in the fact that USC has yet to face a good defense that can get after the passer and cover sufficiently.

Oregon State seems to play quality base defense but they are one of the worst in terms of getting to the QB.

Utah is good at getting after the QB, but I'm not sold on their pass defense.

ND has been able to do both sufficiently when they're on their game. Another major test for MF to have this team mentally dialed in from the jump and all game.
I'm not worried about that. Early in the season yes, but I think he's got this figured out. I think there's enough motivation for the team. Rivalry game, on the road, chance to make a leap in the standings to garner a decent bowl and a chance to screw USC out of the playoffs.

irishff1014

Reaction score
IIRC LA has the largest ND Alumni club and ND fans usually attend in decent numbers when the Irish play there. Given this is MF's first year and the current momentum, we could see more.

From some of the game I have seen in highlights they need ND to come there to finally fill the stands.

PolishDomer

Reaction score
I am just trying to read things and looks at things different. Instead of looking at just the surface of things trying see the whole picture.

That campus is special. I have read on here things other people have said and i can actually see it. I was stoked about going to the game and seeing the campus. There's no way to put ND into words. You literally have to experience it for yourself and it'll blow your mind.
It really is...I was blessed to go to grad school there and no place like it...

NDohio

Reaction score
I am really interested in the ND defense vs the USC offense. We all believe that the USC O-Line is overrated and soft. Nationally they have been pretty well respected. Which is it? If the ND D-Line wins that battle, ND wins going away.

FDNYIrish1

’ll be at the Irsay YMCA from 12:30-2:30
Reaction score
Pass rush needs to be disciplined. There will be plenty of opportunities to get home, you just can’t get behind him and allow the big play. This is one of those games where they are going to move the ball on our Defense. Clamping down and not giving up huge chunk plays and I like our chances.

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score
Pass rush needs to be disciplined. There will be plenty of opportunities to get home, you just can’t get behind him and allow the big play. This is one of those games where they are going to move the ball on our Defense. Clamping down and not giving up huge chunk plays and I like our chances.
Can the Irish defense afford putting a spy on Williams?

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score
I am really interested in the ND defense vs the USC offense. We all believe that the USC O-Line is overrated and soft. Nationally they have been pretty well respected. Which is it? If the ND D-Line wins that battle, ND wins going away.
Listening to the SC beat writer from The Athletic, he thought the OL made modest improvements last season. So he was confident the starting 5 would be good but that they were untested beyond that in the event of injury. At this point, they’ve proven to be a really good OL.

Now…could ND be a shock to their system? Sure. But they’re gonna be up for the game as much as the ND defense so I don’t expect them to be soft or pushovers. I do hope they end up being overrated. Would love this to be a bizarro version of the Weis-Poodle Era where ND has the better overall talent and SC has the great skill players but just not enough all around to be elite.

FDNYIrish1

’ll be at the Irsay YMCA from 12:30-2:30
Reaction score
I was thinking that myself. Kiser or one of Kollie or Sneed, but I’m not sure they would dump one of the young guys in there in this game. He feasted on UCLA when he broke out of the pocket. I think our DLine can get to him, it’s that second level I’m really looking forward to seeing what Golden has planned for. Should be a lot of fun.

Free Manera

Reaction score
“There’s a different feeling about this one and I can feel it amongst our program and our players,” Notre Dame coach Marcus Freeman said. “I knew it last year but this year being at the end of the year at USC, you can really feel it.”

Freeman also talked about the elusive nature of Caleb Williams.

“Guys have their hands on him and he continues to stay up and that can be devastating to a defense,” Freeman said. “That can make you try to do something outside of what your responsibility is on defense. I want to make a play, I’m going to try to rush around this guy, instead of staying in my lane.

“You have to stay in your rush lanes, but you can’t play cautious. That’s always the challenge. I remember having a conversation with our D-Line and coach Washington early in the North Carolina game after that first series when Drake Maye was just kind of scrambling around. I said, we’re not playing spy, I don’t want to just play patty cake and spy the guy. I want to rush but we have to be in our lanes. That will be the challenge with Caleb Williams. One is the coverage. We got to cover those wide outs and continue to mix up the coverage we play against him. Two is to continue to do your job. Stay in your rush lanes. If you have an opportunity to bring him down, bring him down and bring your feet and don’t dive. Don’t play spy. I like to use the term controlled aggression. We have to be aggressive, but it has to be under control.”

Source: USC Notes: It’s Time To Worry About Notre Dame

Free Manera

Reaction score
Update on the game from ScoresAndOdds:

Public tickets are basically split, but the money is 81/19 towards USC - 5.5. Public money is also overwhelmingly on the under (64.5).

ND and the over it is!

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
Does Caleb even run enough to spy? He seems to be very much a heavy pass first QB but only runs when he has to. I know sacks count and he gets sacked about twice per game but he averages 28 yards on the stat sheet but probably closer to 40 per game not counting sacks. Comparatively Pyne probably averages about 20 yards per game if you take out the sacks.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
Does Caleb even run enough to spy? He seems to be very much a heavy pass first QB but only runs when he has to. I know sacks count and he gets sacked about twice per game but he averages 28 yards on the stat sheet but probably closer to 40 per game not counting sacks. Comparatively Pyne probably averages about 20 yards per game if you take out the sacks.
Odds we are screaming in one voice for ND to spy him at some point during the game are pretty high I'd say...

BleedBlueGold

Reaction score
Listening to the SC beat writer from The Athletic, he thought the OL made modest improvements last season. So he was confident the starting 5 would be good but that they were untested beyond that in the event of injury. At this point, they’ve proven to be a really good OL.

Now…could ND be a shock to their system? Sure. But they’re gonna be up for the game as much as the ND defense so I don’t expect them to be soft or pushovers. I do hope they end up being overrated. Would love this to be a bizarro version of the Weis-Poodle Era where ND has the better overall talent and SC has the great skill players but just not enough all around to be elite.

I listened to that this morning. He also said USC is susceptible on outside runs and up the seam. They are legit worried about what Michael Mayer is going to do to them.

BleedBlueGold

Reaction score
ND defense is going to have to get off the field on third downs. Stroud kept the chains moving where Uiagalelei couldn't.

The above beat writer on the Shamrock podcast also said USC doesn't punt often, but their special teams unit as a whole is atrociously bad. They don't have a dedicated coach. It's a hodgepodge of input from analysts and assistants.

ND special teams, if given the chance, could be the difference makers in this game. Force punts....block punts...win big. GO IRISH!