It's about to get gross
- Reaction score
If we go with Freeman how about Dan Mullen as our OC/AHC?
Rhule and Peterson both suck. Not interested in either.
Also shouldn't we assume USC made the call to Urb? If he didn't take that job me thinks ND doesn't have a shot.
Make them say no:
Urban (if he's a take at ND)
Read an ESPN article about candidates:
1. Fickell is the main one talked about. They all think there’s no way he’d turn down the job. The question is would we be able to wait.
2. Freeman was the next talked about for all the reasons we know.
3. Campbell- It’s basically his dream job.
4. Last one they mentioned and it surprised me- Pat Fitzgerald from Northwestern. He’s done great things there no doubt but I’m pretty sure I’d say no thanks to this one.
Watched a little bit of Driskell live last night. He was outright celebrating Kelly leaving. His four candidates:
The safe picks according to him: Fickell and Stoops. He’d think they’d maintain what Kelly did but not get us over the hump.
Risks: Freeman or Brohm. Risks because they could lower the floor of the program but be dynamic enough to take us to the promised land.
I say go get Dabo but understand if it’s Freeman or Fickel.
If we did t have the money to keep Kelly why do you think we have the money to bring in your tier one guys?
Freeman is young, we know that he can recruit, the support the man is getting speaks volumes for him.
I just hope they don’t take a month to make a decision.
I think reading between the lines some here:
1) ND out offered LSU last year for Markus Freeman which honestly was surprising at the time
2) recruits from the 2022 and 2023 classes almost universally point to Freeman as the guy, even offensive guys
3) reports of Day to Bears, then Fickell to OSU, and more dominos falling probably does leave Freeman as a top choice for HC somewhere
4) Kelly knows all this and realizes the classes fall apart without Freeman
5) Swarbrick does to so will not match crazy LSU offer
6) Freeman is going to be the guy
At the end of the day I'm okay with Kelly leaving. He had his success but also had his downfalls too. I think this team can get over the hump with Freeman. Someone else mentioned on twitter they think at the end of the day Kelly got bored at ND you got no conference title to play for ever and then LSU dropped the bags on him, if anyone of us was in that situation we would say yes too.
I think anyone who wants Tommy Rees gone right now is nuts. This isn't a program that needs to rebuild, it's a perennial powerhouse that should be prioritizing continuity above all else. Give Freeman the HC not but do what you can to keep TR as OC.
I think you are a little crazy. Even if Freeman gets the job this is going to have huge impact on the program. I love the energy Freeman brings and his recruiting ability. This will knock us down the ladder some.