Michigan St - Michigan Tunnel Scuffle

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah sorry I don’t see how we can be a society that simultaneously believes in “fuck around and find out” and then goes all Greta Thunberg when someone goes out of their way to act like a clown and gets their ass beat.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Yeah sorry I don’t see how we can be a society that simultaneously believes in “fuck around and find out” and then goes all Greta Thunberg when someone goes out of their way to act like a clown and gets their ass beat.
Agree. There needs to be accountability on both sides.

yankeehater

Reaction score
Can the Michigan State players go to the it was just practice card like Aaron Donald? NFL didn't even suspend him for his helmet swinging incident.

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score
We can't be a society of "personal responsibility" and "accountability" either, then start blaming everyone else when fractions of a team meat out after losing a rivalry game.

What specific details have been released regarding what the Michigan players did to escalate the situation? What did Michigan players do, specifically, to go out of their way to instigate a guy getting taken on by a gaggle of MSU players? Mostly curious due to one of these programs having developed an incredibly bad reputation as of late when it comes to the conduct of their football team.

This Michigan State program has had issues with players committing acts of violent conduct going back at least five years now, including multiple sexual assaults. A four star recruit from Ft. Wayne, IN is in jail I believe? Their 2016 "Dream Team" recruiting class was broken apart by multiple players in that group committing sexual assault.

Michigan State has issues that have nothing to do with any facility upgrades needed in Ann Arbor.

Dale

Reaction score
3 of the 8 suspended players got to MSU via the portal under Tucker.

#TuckComin

laughingirish90

Reaction score
can't wait in the upcoming weeks to hear from the lawyers representing the MSU players as i'm sure they'll tell you something people on the scUM side aren't telling the media when it comes to things wolverine players might have said or done to set off the spartan players that cameras didn't catch. players just don't beat the sh&t out of other players without something bad being said or done from opposing players

Deirishpisser

Reaction score
can't wait in the upcoming weeks to hear from the lawyers representing the MSU players as i'm sure they'll tell you something people on the scUM side aren't telling the media when it comes to things wolverine players might have said or done to set off the spartan players that cameras didn't catch. players just don't beat the sh&t out of other players without something bad being said or done from opposing players
you can say stuff, doesnt mean u can beat a person with a helmet. I hate Michigan and its players, but hard to defend what those players did even if provoked with words

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Considering this program has a history of players not knowing that no means no when they're with women, it wouldn't surprise me at all that they got a little triggered by some words and chose violence. Snowflakes.

laughingirish90

Reaction score
you can say stuff, doesnt mean u can beat a person with a helmet. I hate Michigan and its players, but hard to defend what those players did even if provoked with words
i'm not defending assault and battery as it is totally wrong but my point is that if you talk sh&t to opposing players of a top rival about whatever after giving them a beatdown on the field then you bring this assault and battery onto yourself

Bluto

Reaction score
Can the Michigan State players go to the it was just practice card like Aaron Donald? NFL didn't even suspend him for his helmet swinging incident.
Claim it was a false flag operation and say it was really ANTIFA (those guys still a thing?).

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
i'm not defending assault and battery as it is totally wrong but my point is that if you talk sh&t to opposing players of a top rival about whatever after giving them a beatdown on the field then you bring this assault and battery onto yourself

You brought up the lawyers, so my rebuttal would be that the courts don't give a shit about scUM players talking shit. Saying mean things doesn't make it okay to use a helmet as a weapon, so it shouldn't really matter what the MSU lawyers dig up.

The only thing that changes the situation is if they find video that the scUM players attacked first. Then all bets are off.

hungryhippo

Reaction score
Considering this program has a history of players not knowing that no means no when they're with women, it wouldn't surprise me at all that they got a little triggered by some words and chose violence. Snowflakes.

Different guys, different coaching staffs. One has nothing to do with the other, except they wear the same uniform.

Huntr

24 Karat Shamrock
Reaction score
My personal "Fuck Michigan State" moment

I hope that m'fer gets CTE

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Different guys, different coaching staffs. One has nothing to do with the other, except they wear the same uniform.
Miami had institutional failure that spanned the course of three decades.

Michigan State Football has been having issues for some time now. To believe otherwise means the problem is being ignored.

hungryhippo

Reaction score
Miami had institutional failure that spanned the course of three decades.

Michigan State Football has been having issues for some time now. To believe otherwise means the problem is being ignored.
That may be true, but the guys who swung helmets are not the same guys who sexually assaulted women.

They're shitty enough on their own merits. Don't paint them as sex offenders because they're not the same people.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
That may be true, but the guys who swung helmets are not the same guys who sexually assaulted women.

They're shitty enough on their own merits. Don't paint them as sex offenders because they're not the same people.
I'm not painting anyone as sex offenders, and if you're getting that twisted, I'll clear it up shortly in a few sentences. This program has systemic issues past and present with violence, both of criminal and sexual nature.

Michigan State Football going back to Dantonio's end of tenure has had minor to major problems with players acting violently off the field. The behavior and general vibe around the program has been toxic for at least five years. Either they're not doing their homework on the recruiting trail or they're ignoring red flags and they're negligent.

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
Dramatic tweet.

Per the article-

The Athletic Director is the one who was given the power to decide how the money would be split, if at all.

irishff1014

Reaction score
Dramatic tweet.

Per the article-

The Athletic Director is the one who was given the power to decide how the money would be split, if at all.

That’s crazy. You just signed very good extension that pays you 9.5 million dollars. (MSU was dumb) 100,000 isn’t anything to you. You are having a terrible season. Show the people that are helping you that you do care and appreciate them.

This is going to end up just like the Jimbo Fisher deal.

tko

I am Legend
Reaction score
Man, I thought Mel Tucker was going to be the guy. I guess true colors show through when adversity hits.

ndfanatic78

Reaction score
Yes. This is on the scUM administration as much as anyone. This isn't the first time it's happened. Security should be in place and both teams should know who's going in or our first. Just remember to save Jimmy Johnson's ass for me.
Grown ass men should be able to walk next to each other without falling to violence. These are men at places of higher education. The only ones responsible for these actions are the ones committing the violent acts.