Another Shooting

RDU Irish

Catholics vs. Cousins
Reaction score
The Daniel Penny situation is tragic. He probably did save a life that day and he's paying for it.
I don't like this "probably saved a life" validation. Crazy guy was more likely just as crazy as any other day and finally FAFO with the wrong dude present. "Probably" wasn't going to kill anyone b/c he hadn't yet after 42 previous arrests over 10 years. Highly improbable those 42 arrests were the only altercations - just the only ones recorded so I would submit he "probably" was a public menace much more than the 1% of days he was being arrested.

The only way we lock up crazies is if they go to jail. How many Jordan Neelys need to die (or 67 year olds randomly sucker punched) before we get serious about reopening mental health "hospitals". Same concept applies to school shootings and so many other things in life. We can't wait to give up our liberties for a cold or perceptions of "safety" while we continue to obsess about normalizing crazy and refusing to accept there are lots of people that threat to themselves and others who are not criminals.

Last edited:

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
I don't like this "probably saved a life" validation. Crazy guy was more likely just as crazy as any other day and finally FAFO with the wrong dude present. "Probably" wasn't going to kill anyone b/c he hadn't yet after 42 previous arrests over 10 years. Highly improbable those 42 arrests were the only altercations - just the only ones recorded so I would submit he "probably" was a public menace much more than the 1% of days he was being arrested.

The only way we lock up crazies is if they go to jail. How many Jordan Neelys need to die (or 67 year olds randomly sucker punched) before we get serious about reopening mental health "hospitals". Same concept applies to school shootings and so many other things in life. We can't wait to give up our liberties for a cold or conveniences while we continue to obsess about normalizing crazy and refusing to accept there are lots of people that threat to themselves and others who are not criminals.
From what I heard this was different from his previous 42 altercations. He was throwing out death threats, saying he didn't care that he would be in prison for life, and was more aggressive. Maybe it was all empty threats, but Penny certainly didn't jump on that train thinking he was going to kill a man. I do find it a bit sick that his family is sounding the call for justice for Neely, how he was a kind soul and how much they cared about him. Please, ya'll left him starving and living on the streets. They're partly to blame for Neely losing it. If he just wanted food, they should have taken care of him themselves before he got violent.

drayer54

Reaction score
Daniel Penny is a better case for vigilantism than Rittenhouse. Brainworm commies are the only ones who think Rittenhouse's self defense verdict is garbage. George Floyd is saint, Rittenhouse is the devil. At least Daniel Penny's prosecution will teach those evil vigilantes to STFU and let the defunded police take clean up the mess after the fact. David Dorn also a vigilante?

I get that big city folks can't imagine defending anything.
Daniel Penny is why men on the subway are watching women get punched in the face. A corrupt government will punish you for doing the right thing.

RDU Irish

Catholics vs. Cousins
Reaction score
From what I heard this was different from his previous 42 altercations. He was throwing out death threats, saying he didn't care that he would be in prison for life, and was more aggressive. Maybe it was all empty threats, but Penny certainly didn't jump on that train thinking he was going to kill a man. I do find it a bit sick that his family is sounding the call for justice for Neely, how he was a kind soul and how much they cared about him. Please, ya'll left him starving and living on the streets. They're partly to blame for Neely losing it. If he just wanted food, they should have taken care of him themselves before he got violent.

I don't care how similar it is to previous outbursts - most people are working with a sample set of exactly one and all this wonderful context of his troubled life means zero. When confronted with a volatile situation all the soy boys out there act like a therapy session should break out to really understand the context of why this nutjob is particularly nutty today. Get them off the streets somewhere before arrest #43 turns into a trip to the morgue. But all the soy bois and lib harpies out there don't have the stomach for institutionalizing anyone - criminal or crazy. I take that back - mean tweets and standing up for yourself should be punishable by death. Maybe life without parole for misgendering a crazy who can't figure out if they have a dick or not.

What is everyone supposed to study up on the troubled exploits of every degenerate with a PhD level of psychoanalysis performed in seconds and Chuck Norris level ninja skills to detain without harm if your magic words don't diffuse the situation? What Pollyanna reality are people living in? This is society's fault for having Neely on the streets in the first place. Hey kids, we are going to NYC - here is a dosier on the 1000 biggest crazies we will see that details their personal struggle and how we should handle them if we see them.

Just like Rittenhouse refusing to be a victim while standing up to protect a town he cares about from pedos and criminals - really he was three for three in shooting criminals, what are the odds. Him and Penny get arrested and prosecuted while Kamala Harris raised money to bail out rioters. Bizarro world stuff.

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
Regarding Rittenhouse... I get why a lot of people defended him at the moment. But to see some people try to glorify this guy as a hero is actually quite disturbing. The kid made a stupid decision to place himself in that situation. Nothing more, nothing less. To see organizations seeking out this guy as a speaker at events is perplexing.

Daniel Penny is a better case for vigilantism than Rittenhouse. Brainworm commies are the only ones who think Rittenhouse's self defense verdict is garbage. George Floyd is saint, Rittenhouse is the devil. At least Daniel Penny's prosecution will teach those evil vigilantes to STFU and let the defunded police take clean up the mess after the fact. David Dorn also a vigilante?

I get that big city folks can't imagine defending anything.
Everyone tries to find a martyr or someone to use for their political/social agenda. From Rittenhouse to Gorge Floyd. Both stories worthy of the headlines, but both people not so much.

RDU Irish

Catholics vs. Cousins
Reaction score
I disagree. Fentanyl overdosing criminal is not worthy of headlines. Take race out and nobody cares with no po-po in jail. 17 year old defending against three criminals without spraying the area with rounds is pretty damn impressive and sorely overdue counter story to the mass of riots at the time. Many people don't like the idea of open carry or large capacity weapons - others see that summer as an excellent example of why people need firearms and proper training on deploying them. The idea of walking down the street open carrying a weapon feels wrong to people - call the cops! Many of the same people think cops are dangerous killing machines hunting down POC with abandon.

drayer54

Reaction score
Everyone tries to find a martyr or someone to use for their political/social agenda. From Rittenhouse to Gorge Floyd. Both stories worthy of the headlines, but both people not so much.
White George Floyd would have been dismissed and treated like Daniel Shaver. Agendas matter.

TorontoGold

Mr. Dumb Moron
Reaction score
Except Daniel Shaver wasn’t dismissed and the police didn’t release the footage of the shooting till after trial. Of course, you would remember this if you even cared about Daniel Shaver’s death and weren’t just using it to pit two deaths against each other to diminish it. But hey this is a new first for a card carrying member of the back the blue crowd to even mention Daniel Shaver. Pretty interesting the first mention of a police shooting involves a white guy, surely random!

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
So this dipshit teenager says he only fired because he heard someone else fire and decided to shoot to protect himself. lol

police arrested Dennis the night of the shooting "after fighting with police." The teen told them he and his cousins encountered a large group of people in a fight, and he heard gunshots, but denied knowing why people were firing at him.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Came across this last night. I think it may have been posted before, but it's funny enough to repeat. For those that will get offended, this would have been just as funny if Rock would have used a redneck as an example.

GowerND11

Reaction score
Just get carjacked like a good blue city resident.

You pull a gun on them, who already have it out and pointing at you, both guns get fired, and you risk death...

That is NOT to say I don't believe in owning and carrying a gun. I'm saying, sometimes pulling one out isn't the smart move. Scumbags stealing cars need to stop, and be stopped. But when someone already has the upper hand, you give up your car for your life.

Blazers46

Reaction score
You pull a gun on them, who already have it out and pointing at you, both guns get fired, and you risk death...

That is NOT to say I don't believe in owning and carrying a gun. I'm saying, sometimes pulling one out isn't the smart move. Scumbags stealing cars need to stop, and be stopped. But when someone already has the upper hand, you give up your car for your life.
To be fair if you have a gun pointed at you, there is already a risk of death. Watching the video the armed individuals didn’t appear concerned if the car owners had weapons. The armed men had the upper hand but not by as much as you think. They were sloppy, any experienced gun owner could’ve had them both dead in the yard.

GowerND11

Reaction score
To be fair if you have a gun pointed at you, there is already a risk of death. Watching the video the armed individuals didn’t appear concerned if the car owners had weapons. The armed men had the upper hand but not by as much as you think. They were sloppy, any experienced gun owner could’ve had them both dead in the yard.
That's absolutely possible. But still. When the gun is already pointed at you, being a good guy with a gun is very hard to accomplish.

Those guys don't want to use their weapons (which can be a case to say use yours), so I'd argue in this scenario you give up the car, call 911 immediately, and make sure family is safe, property second.

Blazers46

Reaction score
That's absolutely possible. But still. When the gun is already pointed at you, being a good guy with a gun is very hard to accomplish.

Those guys don't want to use their weapons (which can be a case to say use yours), so I'd argue in this scenario you give up the car, call 911 immediately, and make sure family is safe, property second.
I think we would both agree that the number of injuries occurred in a robbery are low, death even lower… but it’s definitely time and place. I’m not saying I’d shoot every time but it’s hard for me to believe this guy even gets to my car. 2-3 kids inside the car… this wouldn’t be a wait and see for me.