'24 IL DL Justin Scott (Miami [FL] Verbal)

Irishdrunk

Not Banned Yet
Reaction score
When you said "unusual volatility", I was agreeing and took a stab as to explaining why.

Even with all of this being said, his season ended in November in the state semifinals and he's gone into basketball, but the national portion of his recruiting has taken on additional momentum recently. It's rather odd that he said he was tired of being inundated with communication, ND was giving him space, then he says ND isn't in contact as much and suddenly Al Washington is a fixture at Chicago Catholic League January Basketball fixtures.

It's definitely weird and I agree with you on that. I do think that despite the big boy recruiting has most certainly ramped up a notch since the turn of the New Year. It's a lot for some of our snowflake fans, imagine what it's like being at the center of it at 17 years old.
Stop stabbing it’s not working. A St Ignatius Chicago 5 star recruit for ND is akin to a 5 star Mobile AL recruit for Alabama. You land him or sit around scratching yourself and writing lengthy posts making excuses for not closing this kid early.

You want Nattys then you close 5 Stars.

Irish du Nord

Reaction score
Stop stabbing it’s not working. A St Ignatius Chicago 5 star recruit for ND is akin to a 5 star Mobile AL recruit for Alabama. You land him or sit around scratching yourself and writing lengthy posts making excuses for not closing this kid early.

You want Nattys then you close 5 Stars.

Composite 5 star, Clemson commit, from metro Birmingham

Irishdrunk

Not Banned Yet
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a matter of recruiting him too hard or not.

Clearly in announcing his decision date he was going to pick ND.

We clearly were favored but he has now opened up his recruitment.

ND simply can’t offer what UGA can or other SEC programs. ND will rarely close 5 stars. Big issue.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
ND simply can’t offer what UGA can or other SEC programs. ND will rarely close 5 stars. Big issue.
We can’t offer what UGA or Bama offers. True. Few can. At some positions maybe LSU has a better track record. Pure bag-chasers may prefer A&M.

Beyond that? Florida? Florida sucks.

The only reason anyone should pick any other SEC school over Notre Dame is if they want to stay close to home or they don’t want to play school. Neither seems like a strike against us here.

irish4ever

Reaction score
We can’t offer what UGA or Bama offers. True. Few can. At some positions maybe LSU has a better track record. Pure bag-chasers may prefer A&M.

The only reason anyone should pick any other SEC school over Notre Dame is if they want to stay close to home or they don’t want to play school. Neither seems like a strike against us here.
Yeah, but michigan sucks more!!! Fuck UM!

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score

Florida has one of the most aggressive NIL games out there which is how they're trying to get past being bad on the field. Same with Miami. They are throwing money at the problem and hoping it works.

Jimmy3Putt

KooL
Reaction score
Loy saying he doesn’t think Scott will make it to campus but didn’t say why.
We just got pounded with like a foot of snow yesterday(if his trip was planned for today).
I set my golf sim up at work and that may have been the worst driving conditions I've ever faced.
4x4 lifted beast of a truck was still sketchy when all you have is tire tracks in 10+ inches.

BobbyMac

Staffer 4 Life
Staff member
Reaction score
We just got pounded with like a foot of snow yesterday(if his trip was planned for today).
I set my golf sim up at work and that may have been the worst driving conditions I've ever faced.
4x4 lifted beast of a truck was still sketchy when all you have is tire tracks in 10+ inches.

Get a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks for your truck. It's all about the tires in snow. The skinnier & stickier the better.

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score
Florida has one of the most aggressive NIL games out there which is how they're trying to get past being bad on the field. Same with Miami. They are throwing money at the problem and hoping it works.
This typically doesn't always go well in sports.

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score
We got a good amount in a short amount of time and it all went East to the Lake, so my assumption is always that NW Indiana got clobbered. A dusting in the Chicago burbs can often turn to 6 inches in Hammond without issue from time to time.

irishandy

Reaction score
Washington, Golden, & Rees were at his basketball game on Friday. Washington has done a good job recruiting him. I am not going to go into worry mode just yet. The staff will have plenty of other opportunities to get him on campus.

IrishFanForever23

Reaction score
Washington, Golden, & Rees were at his basketball game on Friday. Washington has done a good job recruiting him. I am not going to go into worry mode just yet. The staff will have plenty of other opportunities to get him on campus.
Was it confirmed they were actually there? I haven’t seen they actually made it.