‘23 TN QB Kenny Minchey (Notre Dame Signee)

StPaul_Irish

Resident Smart Ass
Reaction score
Rees gets scrutinized when his QB lacks talent. Rees lands talented QB and doesn’t get credit. Guy can’t win lol.

Oh, don't be mistaken, I give TR a ton of credit for keeping lines of communication open and sealing the deal, but I'm not going to pretend that this was some evaluation/salesmanship coup.

benneboy

And I own every kind of classic car!
Reaction score
Oh, don't be mistaken, I give TR a ton of credit for keeping lines of communication open and sealing the deal, but I'm not going to pretend that this was some evaluation/salesmanship coup.
It's a bit hypocritical to say he's responsible for the misfortunes of the Dante Moore recruitment but also doesn't get any of the credit for things fortunately faling into place with the Minchey recruitment.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
It's a bit hypocritical to say he's responsible for the misfortunes of the Dante Moore recruitment but also doesn't get any of the credit for things fortunately faling into place with the Minchey recruitment.
It’s cute how some of y’all are trying to make logical sense of our football emotions

ColinKSU

I'm Colin NOT from Kansas
Reaction score
“Coach [Marcus] Freeman and Coach [Tommy] Rees kept in contact between the time they offered and now,” Minchey explained. “My parents were pushing for me to take interest in Notre Dame, but I was locked in with Pitt. But when Coach Rees texted me a couple weeks ago, I told my parents, and we had a sit-down conversation about it. That’s when we opened it up and planned on going on a visit the following weekend”

Minchey did not initiate. Rees continued on him and he finally reciprocated in a new manner.
Fair enough. I guess BD was off again with how the flip process started.

irishff1014

Reaction score
“Coach [Marcus] Freeman and Coach [Tommy] Rees kept in contact between the time they offered and now,” Minchey explained. “My parents were pushing for me to take interest in Notre Dame, but I was locked in with Pitt. But when Coach Rees texted me a couple weeks ago, I told my parents, and we had a sit-down conversation about it. That’s when we opened it up and planned on going on a visit the following weekend”

Minchey did not initiate. Rees continued on him and he finally reciprocated in a new manner.

This is what we all wanted to hear. Things might have looked bad, but behind closed doors they were still communicating. This is an excellent job by Tommy and Freeman to make sure the QB room improved. This area is what we saw was Rees’s weakness, and he came through big. Step one is to recruit them, step two is to develop them. He’s got step one done now. Let’s hope he gets step two done.

Last edited:

NDFAN420

Reaction score
This is what we all wanted to hear. Things might have looked bad, but behind closed doors they were still communicating. This is an excellent job by Tommy and Freeman to make sure the QB room improved. This area is what we saw has Rees’s weakness, and he came through big. Step one is to recruit them, step two is to develop them. He’s got step one done now. Let’s hope he gets step two done.
Which step are the injuries that seem to make athletes reconsider ND?

Chicago Domer

Reaction score
Can't we just be happy that we got a QB in this class?
I agree. Some posters here are never happy unless they have a scapegoat. Don’t just be haters. Give credit where credit is due. It is ok to beat somebody up who deserves it. I do like the post with the pluses and minuses of Tommy throughout the year. Seems pretty balanced.

Dale

Reaction score
who-da-fook-conor-mcgregor.gif

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
I def see the Ethan Johnson thing,… his lil brother

Reaper97

Reaction score
Is Minchey no taller than Tommy? Asking for a friend.
He is a half an inch shorter.
Tommy is listed at 6’2, Minchey at 6’1.5

I don’t know their real heights, but Minchey does look a half an in or so shorter in that pic.