2022 Fall Camp Thread

Dale

Reaction score
Gonna go out on a limb and guess Fisher, Patterson etc probably didn’t win every rep either and we’re projecting concerns already had of Correll onto this one video. Would be more notable if one of the practice reports said he was consistently not up to par.

ND88

Reaction score
Wait, so is the line gonna be very very good per Sampson or are we looking at a long season?

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
If our redshirt junior center who is in place of a future NFL player can't get some push on a true frosh, that's a problem.
Folks that have seen way more reps than us this fall camp seem to not be concerned. On the contrary, they're quite impressed. If you want something to worry about, focus on CB or QB.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
So we’re just sort of nitpicking then?

What else are we supposed to do when we've been deprived of meaningful, 2-minute videos of camp action in real time, and instead only receive 45-second videos comprised of two clips, stretched out via slow-motion and unfocused because of shoddy post-production work.

I can't declare any of the freshman to be future Heisman winners if the only shots we see are Tobias Merriweather looking tall and Gi'Bran Payne running half-speed against air.

What we really need is a return to the glory days, where we could watch the young guys take REAL* reps, and then dissect what we've seen for three weeks, leading right up to the release of the first game-week depth chart.

*Reps at the back of the line, against other freshmen or walk-ons, where success is a given and the frame of reference is appropriately warped

StPaul_Irish

Resident Smart Ass
Reaction score
What else are we supposed to do when we've been deprived of meaningful, 2-minute videos of camp action in real time, and instead only receive 45-second videos comprised of two clips, stretched out via slow-motion and unfocused because of shoddy post-production work.

I can't declare any of the freshman to be future Heisman winners if the only shots we see are Tobias Merriweather looking tall and Gi'Bran Payne running half-speed against air.

What we really need is a return to the glory days, where we could watch the young guys take REAL* reps, and then dissect what we've seen for three weeks, leading right up to the release of the first game-week depth chart.

*Reps at the back of the line, against other freshmen or walk-ons, where success is a given and the frame of reference is appropriately warped

Then complain about it and how it is wrong, and how IE members know more then the staff!

You forgot that part

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
We are getting close to the dream of an 05 personnel grouping.

TE TE LT LG C RG RT TE TE TE
--------------QB----------------

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly, as long as we have Styles, Thomas, Lenzy, and Merriweather healthy I think we're going to be fine. I think if you lose two or more of those guys then we are totally cooked. But I expect Thomas to really step up in the slot by year end.

Armyirish47

Reaction score
Honestly, as long as we have Styles, Thomas, Lenzy, and Merriweather healthy I think we're going to be fine. I think if you lose two or more of those guys then we are totally cooked. But I expect Thomas to really step up in the slot by year end.

Agreed, Davis will play a role, we have Wilkins back soon, Tyree can split out, Raridon and/or Mayer. We have options it's just putting the pieces together.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Sleeping on Davis?
I think he starts -- being a veteran, key player, leader, etc. -- but given his injury I would expect Thomas to have earned a significant share of his minutes by year end. Everything I hear about Thomas is that while he's not explosive he has been showing a ton of consistency both getting separation and making plays after the catch.

Scuttlebutt is basically:
-Styles is the real deal. He and Mayer will lead the team, with everyone else filling important roles.
-Lenzy is exactly the same player but every year he gets a little bit better at everything he does so he should be a weapon as always (but not a true "alpha" do-it-all receiver)
-Thomas is going to be an extremely good college receiver and probably a pro before all is said and done
-Merriweather looks like a future R1 WR but like every freshman he's not going to have the weight and consistency to dominate day 1. He'll show flashes and then by year 2 he'll be destroying fools.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
-Lenzy is exactly the same player but every year he gets a little bit better at everything he does so he should be a weapon as always (but not a true "alpha" do-it-all receiver)

He doesn't need to be, thankfully. All he needs to be is Chris Brown-esque

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk