2022 Fall Camp Thread

arrowryan

Reaction score
Moving Patterson over and playing Lugg at guard had me at least a little bit worried.
They moved Patterson over because they were comfortable doing so. I had no issue with it, as long as Zeke could keep his weight up.

The floor for this OL should be just “good” if 3/5 spots are occupied by Patterson, Fisher, Alt.

Dale

Reaction score
There’s been accounts of a lot of positivity coming from HH during practice which says a lot

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
There’s been accounts of a lot of positivity coming from HH during practice which says a lot
It's hard for me to know whether that's because HH is trying to change his style or if that says something about the OL.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
Someone like Estime should be able to deliver heavy punishment to defenses behind this OL. Especially late in games.
Yes, a Tyree/Estime "thunder & lightning" combo would be a delicious thing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

NDdomer2

Local Sports vBookie
Reaction score
Correll might have some more weight on him. He struggled moving dudes though.
Sure isn't a lot of push. Which is prolly why we're working double teams like crazy.

There's gonna be a lot of shooting gaps on us so thankfully we have a very good runner back there capable of of read option.

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
Still worried about Correll. Not enough reps seeable but I refuse to Pollyanna this strength issue.
The lack of dominant push (unlike everyone else's reps) is not my worry (much) about the running game.
We'll probably be cracking down and double-teaming in the middle there anyway.
But the non-push indicates to me that the Punch-and-Stand-Ground vs the pass rush may not be there either.
And that would be a big deal.

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
Still worried about Correll. Not enough reps seeable but I refuse to Pollyanna this strength issue.
The lack of dominant push (unlike everyone else's reps) is not my worry (much) about the running game.
But the non-push indicates to me that the Punch-and-Stand-Ground vs the pass rush may not be there either.
Looked good against Bama, and was two years younger.

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
I WANT him to be good.
Vs. Alabama we shouldn't romanticize the game. It was OK considering the opponent,
but he DID give up three Hurries and a Sack.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score

There's a lot of camp left... I wonder if HH would be "stubborn" about getting Correll first shot at OSU, or if they'd be willing to shuffle Patterson back to center and get one of the younger guys in at guard later in camp.

You risk messing up chemistry if you shuffle again, but that's no worse than having the pocket collapse from the middle too early every time Buchner drops back.

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
I WANT him to be good.
Vs. Alabama we shouldn't romanticize the game. It was OK considering the opponent,
but he DID give up three Hurries and a Sack.
A redshirt frosh against that Bama line? I mean, it was pretty darn impressive of a performance.

More importantly though. there is zero way that Harry moves Patterson to LG unless he thinks that Correll could also be a stud at OC. He's not the kind of guy to except "less" at a position.

fightingirish26

Reaction score
FWIW the guys taking the bulk of those defensive reps were Chan, Craig, and Schrauth. Until about a year ago, arguments were being made that Schrauth was a better DT prospect than OL prospect.

Fisher going against Chan is a total mismatch.
Lugg going against Craig is a total mismatch.
Correll going against Schrauth is a good battle.

INLaw

Reaction score
FWIW the guys taking the bulk of those defensive reps were Chan, Craig, and Schrauth. Until about a year ago, arguments were being made that Schrauth was a better DT prospect than OL prospect.

Fisher going against Chan is a total mismatch.
Lugg going against Craig is a total mismatch.
Correll going against Schrauth is a good battle.
That is some A+ analysis. Give this man some vbucks

NDdomer2

Local Sports vBookie
Reaction score
If our redshirt junior center who is in place of a future NFL player can't get some push on a true frosh, that's a problem.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
If our redshirt junior center who is in place of a future NFL player can't get some push on a true frosh, that's a problem.

What do you suppose they do about it?

Do you think Harry can't identify weak links in his OL? Or that he's sidelining another player that would make the "best 5"?