'19 KY DT Jacob Lacey (Notre Dame Signee)

slick7410

Reaction score
Smith played pretty well last night, I thought.
I noticed Smith making an impact play multiple times from the stands - haven’t watched replay.

Regarding Lacey - seems to be well respected and love that players have mobility.

But, is this odd to anyone else; player at Notre Dame is on a football scholarship, refusing to play football , while still at school finishing the degree (or did he already graduate?)? + it’s not even his last year of eligibility and that seems ok?
Note:
*I wouldn’t want ND to handle any other way; it’s just oddly accepted as “good move”

Last edited:

Dale

Reaction score
I posted earlier I obviously don’t 100% understand what changed versus didn’t on the transfer portal rules this year, but I’m leaning towards he can’t be currently enrolled.

T-Boone

Reaction score
I noticed Smith making an impact play multiple times from the stands - haven’t watched replay.

Regarding Lacey - seems to be well respected and love that players have mobility.

But, is this odd to anyone else; player at Notre Dame is on a football scholarship, refusing to play football , while still at school finishing the degree (or did he already graduate?)? + it’s not even his last year of eligibility and that seems ok?
Note:
*I wouldn’t want ND to handle any other way; it’s just oddly accepted as “good move”
He had graduated. I don’t begrudge him. He just wants a fresh start.

SeekNDestroy

Reaction score
The depth chart is probably favorable and he will be able to concentrate on football. He already has his ND degree. I say ‘good for him.’

ColinKSU

I'm Colin NOT from Kansas
Reaction score
He got his degree, so he did what you hope for any ND player. Would have been nice if he stayed all season, but oh well. Good luck to him.

Blueclaw

Reaction score
I’m wondering why OU over home state Kentucky. Maybe the Venables effect?

FWIrish4

Reaction score
Someone tell Bowen that OU’s defense is so bad they need our backups.

In all seriousness though, best of luck and wish he would have stuck around for a larger role next year.